Endless Pet Doctrines

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
worship = fear in Scripture; same word. I guess dictionaries prolly don't follow that, but so what. Of course there are other synonyms too, but i would consider them as having much less weight. You may not. I didn't get there willingly, or quickly either i guess

Fear means awe, wonder

Reactions: bbyrd009

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Projection is a big part of Christianity, unfortunately

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
but you object to me saying you live a pretty good life?
ah, here it is. i came back here to say that i am finding life pretty good, but i don't take advantage of most of the conveniences you might likely consider mandatory. Also i avoid habits, which is a trial; or at least it was, hmm.

Now i do use some conveniences, and i don't mean to compare the two of us, either, but for instance i am most happy now in a tent or something similar.

Btw i do appreciate your comments, you made some great points imo

Reactions: Helen

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another pet doctrine

I am no longer afraid of God, doctrines, dogma, opinions

Or being wrong

In fact, i exercise my right to be wrong - sometimes it is the only way to learn

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another pet doctrine

I am no longer afraid of God, doctrines, dogma, opinions

Or being wrong

In fact, i exercise my right to be wrong - sometimes it is the only way to learn

Damnation is the state of being dead right

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
at least also, yes. "Adore" i dunno yet, but polly there is a shade of that possible too; except "worship and adore" kinda suggests diff? dunno
@VictoryinJesus

What does “fear” mean to you then?
What does “worship” mean to you?
I really want to understand your distaste for both? :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What does “fear” mean to you then?
What does “worship” mean to you?
I really want to understand your distaste for both? :)
well i guess for "fear" it's obvious right, so for "worship" my distaste is at our current definition, wherein we get a vision of strictly the bowing and scraping with all of the other Scriptural meanings stripped out; "worship" is now something done literally on bended knee in a building called "church," and cannot possibly be invoked by doing a good deed outside a 7-11

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well i guess for "fear" it's obvious right, so for "worship" my distaste is at our current definition, wherein we get a vision of strictly the bowing and scraping with all of the other Scriptural meanings stripped out; "worship" is now something done literally on bended knee in a building called "church," and cannot possibly be invoked by doing a good deed outside a 7-11

I understand, (if I may paraphrase) what (I think) you are saying is you hate the show of “worship” with dead works, instead of loving a neighbor outside of a 7-11. Matthew 6:5 “And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are : for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward”. what about falling on your face?...as Aspen said in “awe”, or “to adore” a God who demonstrated His Great name sake has nothing to do with an image before men, but the promotion of another. Because the crucifixion and the foolishness of God(more wise than men)shows very clearly He is not a God all about His image, but about the promotion of another. Love is not self-seeking. For me, to fear or worship God is to turn from evil and to do what I was created to do, to walk with Him.

Your “outside of a 7-11” is indeed worship if it’s the promotion (edification) of another. But that just an opinion.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wadr that seems more like communion or rapture imo, and worship is...more succinctly Defined?

I think worship can take many different forms - nature worships God by acting like nature - i see it in the trees being blown by wind. I am not a showy type person when it comes to worship - i do not like repetitive worship songs very much, but many people do like them because they feel the same connection I experience during times of adoration.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I think worship can take many different forms - nature worships God by acting like nature - i see it in the trees being blown by wind. I am not a showy type person when it comes to worship - i do not like repetitive worship songs very much, but many people do like them because they feel the same connection I experience during times of adoration.
or at least they experience a counterfeit of that connection, yes. "When we all see Jesus we'll sing and shout the victory."

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
or at least they experience a counterfeit of that connection, yes. "When we all see Jesus we'll sing and shout the victory."

You really think it is counterfeit? I am not so sure.....i have seen genuine worship occuring in many situations that make me uncomfortable - alter calls, rallies, endlessly repetitive songs. My own discomfort shouldn’t nulify genuine worship experiences in others

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i have seen genuine worship occuring in many situations that make me uncomfortable
well you saw something that you label "genuine worship," and i certainly don't mean to imply that they were...not sincere, but more like drunk on tares imo. "Have no fear" can as easily be translated "Have no worship." But then why were you uncomfortable?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well you saw something that you label "genuine worship," and i certainly don't mean to imply that they were...not sincere, but more like drunk on tares imo. "Have no fear" can as easily be translated "Have no worship." But then why were you uncomfortable?

I am fairly introverted.