Endure to the end?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man usually heads for a place of comfort. Even a very young man likes to sit on the easy chair at times and just watch the world go by. All of us are basically somewhat lazy. In different measures and in different ways most of us have moved on from that laziness. Some have even found where they cannot even sit down and relax for a moment.

The motion is needed, both physically and spiritually. But... without the correct direction and incentive it may indeed be wasted motion.

When I was in the U.S Army boot camp just a few months before JFK was assassinated and toward the end of our training we were tested for patience and staying power by our drill sergeant. Coming to the end of a march of 20+ miles with heavy packs on our backs and rifles on our shoulders he stepped up the pace from a walk to double time. Everyone was ready for that and fell quickly into the routine. We knew the drill and we knew where the end of the road, the mess hall and the barracks, were located... not too far ahead.

Then he came to a big intersection in the road with a circle in the middle. Instead of simply running across it or even around the half circumference to continue toward 'home' he continued his double time lead in the full circle. After 4 or 5 full circles, the well-trained company began to fall out and down in their tracks. On and on he went until out of a full company of young, strong, well-trained men only himself, the other sergeants and less than half a dozen men were still on their feet.

The men, most of them, lost sight of the end and saw only the wasted motion and quickly gave up. They had energy left, but no patience, no understanding. They fell down into the comfort they found on the street which was soon covered by their tired bodies. They were not exhausted, but they had lost their incentive. They could no longer see 'home' as the goal. A good meal and shower and a comfortable bed were no longer within reach.

The sergeants and the handful of men who did not fall out recognized that sometimes the plan is not exactly as they would like it to be, but the end result would be worth the effort.

Where are we in our walk with God? Should we quit because we cannot see the end and because we seem to be going in circles? Doesn't our leader know where He is going? Don't we trust Him to continue to the end in spite of the apparent wasted motion?

Really none of the motion is wasted. Remember Job?

"And Job spake, and said,
Let the day perish wherein I was born, and the night in which it was said, There is a man child conceived.
Let that day be darkness; let not God regard it from above, neither let the light shine upon it." Job 3:2-4

God had a reason for putting Job through his troubles, but Job did not understand. He did not give up, but he almost lost hope.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isa 55:8-9

We do not always understand why, but we do have to... that is we must simply continue to trust Him! He does know exactly why He leads in a certain way, even if we do not have a clue...

"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." I Cor 2:9

Mt 24:13But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Glory to God! Praise His name! He knows the Way! Just follow Him!

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man usually heads for a place of comfort. Even a very young man likes to sit on the easy chair at times and just watch the world go by. All of us are basically somewhat lazy. In different measures and in different ways most of us have moved on from that laziness. Some have even found where they cannot even sit down and relax for a moment.

The motion is needed, both physically and spiritually. But... without the correct direction and incentive it may indeed be wasted motion.

When I was in the U.S Army boot camp just a few months before JFK was assassinated and toward the end of our training we were tested for patience and staying power by our drill sergeant. Coming to the end of a march of 20+ miles with heavy packs on our backs and rifles on our shoulders he stepped up the pace from a walk to double time. Everyone was ready for that and fell quickly into the routine. We knew the drill and we knew where the end of the road, the mess hall and the barracks, were located... not too far ahead.

Then he came to a big intersection in the road with a circle in the middle. Instead of simply running across it or even around the half circumference to continue toward 'home' he continued his double time lead in the full circle. After 4 or 5 full circles, the well-trained company began to fall out and down in their tracks. On and on he went until out of a full company of young, strong, well-trained men only himself, the other sergeants and less than half a dozen men were still on their feet.

The men, most of them, lost sight of the end and saw only the wasted motion and quickly gave up. They had energy left, but no patience, no understanding. They fell down into the comfort they found on the street which was soon covered by their tired bodies. They were not exhausted, but they had lost their incentive. They could no longer see 'home' as the goal. A good meal and shower and a comfortable bed were no longer within reach.

The sergeants and the handful of men who did not fall out recognized that sometimes the plan is not exactly as they would like it to be, but the end result would be worth the effort.

Where are we in our walk with God? Should we quit because we cannot see the end and because we seem to be going in circles? Doesn't our leader know where He is going? Don't we trust Him to continue to the end in spite of the apparent wasted motion?

Let the day perish wherein I was born, and the night in which it was said, There is a man child conceived.
Let that day be darkness; let not God regard it from above, neither let the light shine upon it." Job 3:2-4

God had a reason for putting Job through his troubles, but Job did not understand. He did not give up, but he almost lost hope.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isa 55:8-9

We do not always understand why, but we do have to... that is we must simply continue to trust Him! He does know exactly why He leads in a certain way, even if we do not have a clue...

"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." I Cor 2:9

Members of the church will endure because Jesus keeps us! The context of that passage is the tribulation or 70th week of Daniel.

9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Jesus said this in a passage talking about persecution and evil rising to unseen levels and the rise of he antichrist and all that means in REv. 12-14.

Chruch believers are dead and hidden in christ!

Reactions: marks

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Members of the church will endure because Jesus keeps us! The context of that passage is the tribulation or 70th week of Daniel.

Chruch believers are dead and hidden in christ!

Yes, they are kept while they yield to him but if they do not yield or if they stop yielding him, they are yielding then to satan or to the old carnal man:
Ro 6:16Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, they are kept while they yield to him but if they do not yield or if they stop yielding him, they are yielding then to satan or to the old carnal man:
Ro 6:16Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Well there is much debate about the eternal security of the tribulation saints based on teh fact they can yield and take the mark. But this is just an end times caution.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well there is much debate about the eternal security of the tribulation saints based on teh fact they can yield and take the mark. But this is just an end times caution.
I hear what you are saying but for me I see it as all happening today. Who knows that he will see what man calls tomorrow?

Ps 118:24This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Mt 6:34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not tribulation saints , BUT SAINTS . all saints are appointed unto tribulation . lest we call paul a liar .
The beast cometh against THE SAINTS . not the aints who somehow get a second chance during a certain time peroid .
WHICH never was taught once by the early church .
NOW its time we begin to read and to heed that BIBLE For ourselves . cause many saints have suffered tribulations of some sort
through all ages . MANY will soon BLEEED worldwide for CHRIST as even now many are in other places . BUT THIS WILL HIT america
and the west too . SOONER than most realize .

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear what you are daying but for me I see it as all happening today. Who knows that he will see what man calls tomorrow?

Ps 118:24This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Mt 6:34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Well Scripture tell sus this:

1 John 2:19
They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Many people appear to be believers, but when the rubber meets the road, they skeedaddle because they were religious but never saved as Matt. 7 also tell us:

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Verse 23 has the key word: NEVER

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not tribulation saints , BUT SAINTS . all saints are appointed unto tribulation . lest we call paul a liar .
The beast cometh against THE SAINTS . not the aints who somehow get a second chance during a certain time peroid .
WHICH never was taught once by the early church .
NOW its time we begin to read and to heed that BIBLE For ourselves . cause many saints have suffered tribulations of some sort
through all ages . MANY will soon BLEEED worldwide for CHRIST as even now many are in other places . BUT THIS WILL HIT america
and the west too . SOONER than most realize .
Well the differenti8ation is made to define which time period of human history a saint existed.

We have OT saints
Church saints, those from Pentecost to the rapture.
Tribulation saints, those from the rapture to the return of Jesus.

Yes these terms are man made, but they accurately define the differing times and differing rewards people receive in the millenial kingdom.

Reactions: marks

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well Scripture tell sus this:

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Many people appear to be believers, but when the rubber meets the road, they skeedaddle because they were religious but never saved as Matt. 7 also tell us:

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Verse 23 has the key word: NEVER
You may know that you are saved because God has revealed it to you personally, but of all the other men who call themselves Christian how many really know that they are saved? How many will hear rather that, "I never knew you"? or how many will hear these words:

Mt 25:21His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
People will say they know their ultimate end now, but I don't usually know nor do you for anyone else. God knows, but how often is He telling everyone now who is to be among the saved at the end?

Paul said that he had finished his course, but who among us has finished his course? Until we have done so [finished our course] who is it among us who will before his time is up, fall and not rise up?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may know that you are saved because God has revealed it to you personally, but of all the other men who call themselves Christian how many really know that they are saved? How many will hear rather that, "I never knew you"? or how many will hear these words:

Mt 25:21His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
People will say they know their ultimate end now, but I don't usually know nor do you for anyone else. God knows, but how often is He telling everyone now who is to be among the saved at the end?

Paul said that he had finished his course, but who among us has finished his course? Until we have done so [finished our course] who is it among us who will before his time is up, fall and not rise up?
Don't know the number.

I cannot speak for others. I can only tell them if they have placed their trust in the death and resurrection of Jesus to save them, they as John wrote that they have eternal life. The rest is up to them and god.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't know the number.

I cannot speak for others. I can only tell them if they have placed their trust in the death and resurrection of Jesus to save them, they as John wrote that they have eternal life. The rest is up to them and god.
But what if their trust is not really IN HE who died and rose again but rather in another jesus indeed .
and all the while , LIKE as i once did , they can lip this and yet ......................oh dear and yet they no more saved as i once was .
Way to common these days if ya ask me .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But what if their trust is not really IN HE who died and rose again but rather in another jesus indeed .
and all the while , LIKE as i once did , they can lip this and yet ......................oh dear and yet they no more saved as i once was .
To whom does Jesus declare definitely who he is?

Joh 4:25The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
Joh 4:26Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I always find it exhorting to also keep reading the old testament, as well as the new testament. It’s the biblical Jesus we need to be following. Not the lgbt flag waving Jesus. He will never be the minister of sin. Let’s remember that doctrine matters and there is a strong delusion at work in these last days that says everyone is saved and you don’t have to believe in Jesus. A false inclusion. Just a reminder to encourage everyone here. Praise the Lord.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

An excellent lesson @amadeus - we all need to keep on keeping on. If we lose hope and give up we lose our momentum and then it's hard to get back on track.

Reactions: amadeus

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well in these cases, Matt. 7 applies:

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

And John also:

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well in these cases, Matt. 7 applies:

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

And John also:

Then let us know and understand that if one is following this dont judge dont correct all inclusive jesus , GUESS WHO they aint
following . JESUS CHRIST . lets remember that the next time we see a rainbow or koran in a church
with a message about finding common ground .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 1:10
That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God.

Sadly, many so called Christian people are not producing fruit for God. They allow some pastors or priests to put them in Bondage. They listen to traditions of men and fairytales.
This group is worthless. They have dead works.

1:13 . Who hath delivered Us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into kingdom of God.

Truth is. Many people, both heathen and Christian are following satan. They refuse to repent and study sound doctrine.
When satan as antichrist comes 6th trump, many will curse you for making stand against antichrist. They are biblically illiterate and ignorant.

Philippians 4:3 . And I entreat thee also, true yoke fellow, help those women which labour with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other fellow labours, whose names are written in book of life.

Paul and these Christian women need not worry about judgement day. They have fruitful works. They repent, serve God and love God. They produced much fruit. They are before the altar of the living God.

Hebrews 12::8 . But if ye be without chastisement, where of all are par takers, then are ye bastsrds, and not sons.

Those playing church God doesn't chastisement them. They are walking in darkness, in Bondage. God hates false teachings.
They won't repent, and are spiritually polluted. They circumvent their own failure. Success is obedience to God, studying sound doctrine and producing fruit for God.

James 2:20 . But wilt thou know, o vain man, that faith without works is dead ?

Faith alone won't cut it . Christian people are to study the bible, and plant seeds for God. Many people are lost and headed for hell.
Those who are in Bondage, are biblically illiterate and the powers of darkness have them.
The truth hurts the ears of narcissists and reprobates.
Your either children of light or reprobates.
Get the picture.
Reprobates have Dead Works !!

We understand who's names are in book of life.

Some people just don't get it !

Reactions: amadeus

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Endure to the end?

i did last night but now i have to do it all over again tomorrow.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Endure to the end?

i did last night but now i have to do it all over again tomorrow.
How many times must we do it over again? If we have messed up and need to go back and repeat a thing or correct a previously corrected way one more time, Let us thank God that He in His mercy has forgiven us one more time. What is the limit for us? Unless we are complete reprobates the limit lies, I believe, in how much of our allotted time remains to us.
We are to forgive our brother who has offended us more than seven times. Jesus told Peter seven times seventy. Our God may allow us more opportunities than that... but His forgiveness is not unlimited. We should not purposely test Him presuming that He will overlook our transgression one more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.