Enoch , the Seventh from Adam?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

univac

May 29, 2008
1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these,saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,1. Adam......... Man2. Seth.............. Appointed.3, Enosh... .....................Mortal.4. Kenan ................................Sorrow.5. Mahalalel...................................... The blessed of God.6. Jared....................................................... Shall come down.7. Enoch ..............................................................Teaching.:angel4:God bless

univac

May 29, 2008
Yeah it's pretty cool. It goes even further with the next three sons:Methuselah - .........His death shall bringLamech - ..................................The desparingNoah -.................................................. Rest/Comfort.

univac

May 29, 2008
Yeah the overall picture.1 Meaning............ Father2 Reconciliation .... ......Son3 Creation .....................Holy Spirit4 Teaching .......................... Understanding5 Guidance .................................... Truth6 Choice..............................................To have or not to have7 Destination..................................................................... LifeGod bless

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
The lady who teaches in our church dives very deep into the meanings of words and names, even the English as well as the Hebrew and comes up with behind-the-scene meanings like you just did. I agree that in these end days God is unscrambling the language. Just as there is Bible code and gemetrias, there are also play on words that have multiple deeper meanings.On your line of thought, Enoch was the one that taught---- a type of Christ. And what happened to both Enoch and Christ when they were done? (Taken up).Very good observation.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(univac;63472)
read 1-7 down as a directive sentence
Yes, I did the first time. It was pretty cool. It says, Man Appointed mortal Sorrow. The blessed of God shall come down teaching.I was not sure about the punctuation in the first sentence. However, reading that is what made me think of my teacher at church. That's similar to what she does with words.