Equality is Evil

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do realize that for every biological classification of 'genus,' all related species are equal in terms of meeting the requirements for that genus, right?

This does not mean the different species are equal to each other. In fact, the whole reason for the lowest level of biological classification is precisely to differentiate how they are not equal.

Jesus died for mankind, generally, but will judge some as sheep and others as goats. Sheeps ≠ Goats.
Yes because of our actions. He gives us free will. We aren't different species, not seeing the connection there.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes because of our actions. He gives us free will. We aren't different species, not seeing the connection there.

You are not seeing because you do not want to see. What is this reference to our actions? Different actions is analogous to different species. Not equal.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just watching How Then Should We Live. Blaise Pascal considered people special. Special means not equal. We are special because Christ died for us.

Christ did not die for tulips or humpback whales.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not seeing because you do not want to see. What is this reference to our actions? Different actions is analogous to different species. Not equal.
What does species have to do with anything? We aren't animals.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just watching How Then Should We Live. Blaise Pascal considered people special. Special means not equal. We are special because Christ died for us.

Christ did not die for tulips or humpback whales.
Of course we aren't equal to animals. When did animal rights get into the topic? I thought we were talking about all people being equal.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does species have to do with anything? We aren't animals.

If you ONLY look at the genus level, then all things are equal. Study how species are not equal in the same genus. I'm rooting for you!

Let me ask you this; is the Holy = unholy?

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you ONLY look at the genus level, then all things are equal. Study how species are not equal in the same genus. I'm rooting for you!

Let me ask you this; is the Holy = unholy?
Again, we are humans made in God's image. You want to reduce us to our genes? That's another discussion, and an atheist argument.

Holy and unholy are equally loved by God. If God didn't love sinners, we'd never become his.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idk about anyone else, but I'm tired of the cult-owned media promoting hatred and racial division. How about just love your neighbor as yourself like Jesus said?!
I don't care what color my brothers and sisters are. The blood of Jesus that cleansed me is the same blood of Jesus that cleansed them. At the foot of the cross, the ground is level. You can't make that unequal.

Reactions: Renniks

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not talking about sinners. I am talking about equality.

The weakness of your position is seen in your refusal to answer my question. Holy = unholy?
I really have no idea what you're trying to say. Equality can mean many things. Holy and unholy are equally human. They aren't equal spiritually. But with all your talk of species, and so on, I didn't suppose you were merely talking about spiritual things.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God demonstrated the righteousness of inequality right off the bat in Genesis 1. He created light. Darkness is the default condition without the blessings of God.

Not only did God then separate the light from the darkness, he proclaimed the light to be good. This is unequal with respect to the darkness for God made no such proclamation of goodness for what he did not create.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You're mixing up a bunch of different topics here.

Equality can be about so many different things these days, some of those things are right and others are wrong.

The growing gap between the low income earner and high income earner is certainly not a good thing.....

A female worker and a male worker in the same role, should both be paid the same hourly rate.

Men dressed as women should not be able to compete with women in women's sport.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Leviticus 22:11, there is equality in both subjects being allowed to equally eat of the sacred donations.

However, the bigger observation is the relationship between the subjects. One is a priest. The other subject is the slave of the priest.

The obvious conclusion is equality is not endorsed in the Bible. Certainly not as that term is construed today.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The symbol of justice are scales, that when used result in an imbalance, an inequality, that is made balanced by the order of the court.

If the scales remain equal by decree, despite the evidence, then there is no possible justice. Bringing justice begins by recognizing inequality exists.

upload_2021-2-27_8-56-43.jpeg

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A female worker and a male worker in the same role, should both be paid the same hourly rate.

I don’t think so. Clearly, equality today is tied to social justice, which is a term that perverts justice. Justice is what is earned, what is deserved. “Equality” aims to displace justice with dispensation independent of what is deserved.

It used to be the rallying cry of feminists to want equal pay for equal work. Now they just want equal pay. In your post, 2 people having the same title does not automatically mean they ought to be paid the same. Lebron James has a title of basketball player but nor all get paid as he does, not should they.

When the 2 people in question are in the groups Cultural Marxists proclaim as oppressor group and oppressed group, it changes nothing regarding deserving pay.

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The obvious conclusion is equality is not endorsed in the Bible. Certainly not as that term is construed today.

Yeah, I think the whole "equal" thing has been pushed by a darwinist lens, which pierced through pretty much every other field of study, e.g., psychology, politics, etc...

Recently, after losing three family members this last year, I had this thought:

People aren't lost or gained...they're either experienced for a time...or not. To lose or gain would imply possession.

*I think about when David wanted to quantify people...

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I think the whole "equal" thing has been pushed by a darwinist lens, which pierced through pretty much every other field of study, e.g., psychology, politics, etc...

Recently, after losing three family members this last year, I had this thought:

People aren't lost or gained...they're either experienced for a time...or not. To lose or gain would imply possession.

*I think about when David wanted to quantify people...

So, to think of people with a mathematical lens...is not good.

*Yeah, I know I said "losing"...that's how ingrained this thinking is...