Equality is Evil

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The growing gap between the low income earner and high income earner is certainly not a good thing...

This certainly deserves its own thread.

I watched an episode of How Then Should We Live. He talked about how the church failed in the industrial revolution to prevent what he termed unBiblical use of money.

For me, I am against government coercing redistribution of wealth. Ted Turner once talked about leveraging billionaires inherent competitiveness to compete to giving the most to charities.

With the 19th century Robber Barons and today’s Big Tech oligarchs, one must wonder how government allowing monopolies is complicit in income inequality.

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Math goes with measurement. Measurement reveals equality is not reality.

Yeah it's a useful abstraction for objects, but not for people.

"Lies, damn lies, and statistics"

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah it's a useful abstraction for objects, but not for people.

"Lies, damn lies, and statistics"

Well, you can also tell the truth with statistics. For instance, men die 8 years earlier but more money is spent researching female only diseases.

This reveals feminists are OK with inequality when it benefits them.

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, you can also tell the truth with statistics. For instance, men die 8 years earlier but more money is spent researching female only diseases.

This reveals feminists are OK with inequality when it benefits them.

Yeah, but you have to first subscribe to the thought.

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What thought is that?

What aspect of reality depends on you first subscribing to that aspect of reality?

The thought about using the abstraction to speak on any particular aspect of being. Or even trusting that the numbers are correct and that they may somehow say something to our own existence.

Any one that involves more than our own perception...I guess.

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In another thread I made the statement that in reality, most things are not equal and that (false or artificial or forced) Equality is evil, which is why there is scant reference in the Bible. The Bible emphasizes the importance of the unequal at nearly every turn, i.e., Holy.

In the booklet, Know Your Bible, it summarizes each book in 10 words or less. Genesis is summarized as God chooses a Special People. A special people are not an equal people.

To this, another poster invoked Godwin's Law by asking if a certain German leader believed in equality. The question is irrelevant. Romans 1:30 informs us they invent ways of doing evil, by going too far to the Left or Right of the narrow path. The Bible is clear, while we are equal in the body of Christ, we are not all a mouth or foot. See 1 Corinthians 12:15-26.

The angle of attack by the enemy is clear. On the political front, Leftism via Cultural Marxism is attempting to indoctrinate everyone to accept 'equality' as a public good and shame anyone who disagrees by calling them <INSERT INSULTING SLANDER HERE>. The paradox is they deny White is a color. This is because Cultural Marxism must have an oppressor group and an oppressed group.

So, while we are supposedly all equal, by 'people of color', they most assuredly exclude White as a color. White people are non-people in Cultural Marxism, dehumanized people. The absurdity of the false doctrine of equality is further seen in the contradiction that we are to value diversity, while simultaneously proclaiming our equality. Leftism is full of contradictions.

The greatest inequality is to hold unequal things as equal.
Aristotle, 380 BC.

The problem is "equality" and "progress" can mean so many things in Western society today. For example, some Americans could argue that legalizing gay marriage, abortion or drugs nationwide is a sign of equality and progress (marriage equality, women equality, etc.) but Christians might not necessarily agree. I believe that we should strive to earnestly engage with others, including those from diverse backgrounds, and strive against prejudice and bigotry. But again, it is a very slippery slope, and even Christians disagree on what constitutes true "equality".

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is "equality" and "progress" can mean so many things in Western society today.

The most important meaning of "equality" and "progress" is advancing evil via totalitarian ideology.

“Equality” is un-American. It is a market tested term least offensive to freedom loving Americans whose founding principle is equal rights, not equality of outcomes.

The meaning between equal right and equality is deliberately blurred, as is the difference between right and wrong.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The majority of society is brainwashed daily by the Left Wing media. Even many Christians.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Worth putting here ...

I'm finding too many non-responsive replies on this forum; a generic response, like 'God is good and we should all strive to get along' or 'I trust God even if I do not understand all the things he says or does' that doesn't remotely address the topic under discussion.

It makes me wonder why people bother making such posts. I wonder if their idolatry, such as equality, supersedes all else. This is why I started the thread on equality is evil.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Idk about anyone else, but I'm tired of the cult-owned media promoting hatred and racial division.
The only response is to TOTALLY BOYCOTT all the social media and MSM.

There are plenty of reliable conservative news sources, which these people are trying to shut down.