Eternal Security

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It isn't those of us who preach the hard truth "he that covereth his sin (the OSAS crowd) shall not prosper, but whosoever confesseth and forsaketh his sins shall have mercy" who make OSAS people "feel broken and timid" - it is their own stubborn refusal to turn from the sinful ecstasy they love so much to indulge, their stubborn refusal to obtain power from Christ to resist the devil until he flees from their presence, which makes them feel that way.

That's why they invented the false security of OSAS - so they can have their sin and Jesus too and obtain by dead faith that which can only be obtained by living faith: eternal life.

Well it seems to me..that when we go back for a few hundred years or so, 'we' are in good company! :)

If you choose to only see a harsh, hard God...then that is your choice, I cannot read scripture and find 'your' God in there!

I liked what Stranger said the other day...( something like) .."neither camp is less or more saved because of what they believe." Or words to that effect...he can correct me if I quoted him wrong...and he is from 'your camp'.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well it seems to me..that when we go back for a few hundred years or so, 'we' are in good company! :)

If you choose to only see a harsh, hard God...then that is your choice, I cannot read scripture and find 'your' God in there!

I liked what Stranger said the other day...( something like) .."neither camp is less or more saved because of what they believe." Or words to that effect...he can correct me if I quoted him wrong...and he is from 'your camp'.
We all know that God is sweet, kind, loving, forgiving, and of the many other wonderful attributes. What we need to be reminded of is that He is also a God of JUSTICE.

For instance, Jesus Himself warns us of the most fearful curse to ever grace the pages of Scripture, the most terrible consequences which He will inflict upon those who refuse to "keep the commandments of God" in Revelation 14:9-12.
Also, following His declaration of His wonderful attributes of patience, mercy, longsuffering, etc., He declares these wonderful attributes "will in no wise clear the guilty" in Exodus 34:7.

Jesus is the fulfillment of that great Psalm of Scripture which says "righteousness (law) and peace (mercy) have met together, mercy and truth (law) have kissed".

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We know of God's wonderful attributes of love, kindness, mercy, forgiveness, longsuffering, etc., but the church has forgotten that He is also a God of Justice.

For instance, Jesus Himself warns us of the most fearful curse to ever grace the pages of Scripture, the most severe consequences He Himself will inflict on those who refuse to "keep the commandments of God" in Revelation 14:9-12.
Also, in Exodus 34:6-7, God Himself immediately declares after listing these same wonderful attributes of Himself that they "will in no wise clear the guilty" and goes on to pronounce fearful curses upon those who presume upon His merciful character.

It's about awakening the church to the OSAS robe of false security in which it has clothed itself.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's about awakening the church to the OSAS robe of false security in which it has clothed itself.

You say this and talk about "awakening the church to OSAS"..
You obviously know many more people who believe it than I do.
Not even among my friends do I know more than TWO...let alone in any "church".
But, I am glad to hear it if more of "us" are around than I myself have come across.
Thanks for the encouragement, even though it wasn't intended as such. :D

Bless you!!

Reactions: mjrhealth

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
2Ti 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

God is not the evil one that men make Him out to be.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple truth is those who reject OSAS for conditional salvation nailing Christ to the cross every day. And they require works for salvation.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Simple truth is those who reject OSAS for conditional salvation nailing Christ to the cross every day. And they require works for salvation.
Faith in Messiah Yeshua is required for salvation, not works. If one loses faith in him and renounces him, there remains no more sacrifice for sin. Such a person will be lost forever since they cannot repent and crucify Messiah to themselves again.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say this and talk about "awakening the church to OSAS"..
You obviously know many more people who believe it than I do.
Not even among my friends do I know more than TWO...let alone in any "church".
But, I am glad to hear it if more of "us" are around than I myself have come across.
Thanks for the encouragement, even though it wasn't intended as such. :D

Bless you!!
I think the evidence for most people being adherents to OSAS is that these do not believe a Christian can choose to be lost, turning back to their old life of sin service to Satan.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we can reverse this.

Is there such a thing as ES, if so why so?
If it's by genuine faith in Jesus, forgiveness of sins, reconciliation to the Father then what?

That's where discipleship must come in.

What it actually means to walk the walk, be a follower of Jesus, a disciple.
your right it does involve discipleship there is a E. S here is what peter wrote
peter is trying his best to encourage those scattered going through tough times. thinking they had lost there salvation .it is kept by the power of God .can we be eternally secure ? yes but to say i am saved secure so if i decide to fall back live how i want... is not Bible you have those who live it walk it talk it. those who are just around ..i compare it to the time we went to the state of ALABAMA we crossed the state line from Tenn had our picture took in front of the sign welcoming us to the state. many are just at the state line only .

i love to discuss this but so often it draws fire and the what if questions comes in. i can only tell you that you can know you have eternal life. i also often think this subject is took out of context . a story i heard of a old time preacher man who had be glorious saved delivered from alcoholism. pastored started several churches .one day the battering rams of hell came against him. the urge to drink hit him.. he stopped in at a 24/7 store was about to pick up a bottle of whiskey purchase it .start drinking then out of the Blue a little girl ran up grabbed him around the leg. saying mommy this is eh man who took me to church and told me about Jesus.
i realize not every one who falls to temptation has this happen. but we can be secure in him.. one thing it is not a reason to sin... a buddy of mine i worked with had a daughter who was rebellious ran off got married . her husband a bum she was supposed be saved.. my buddy said im afraid she is not saved..he was a independent baptist
1 Peter 1:4-6 King James Version (KJV)
4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: