Eternity minded

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bartholomew Jones

Nov 6, 2020
Uniontown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does it mean to be eternity-minded as opposed to earthly-minded? How does on practice eternal-mindedness today?

In light of Romans 12:2

Romans 12:2 - And do not be conformed... - Verse-by-Verse Commentary

Blessings
Earthly minded: "I hope I get a good 80 or 90 years out of life. My retirement is in shape." That's a good earthly perspective.
Heavenly minded: "What good can I leave behind me? I've already ... Is my posture right to give an account before God?" Do you think this might qualify for a good heavenly perspective? I'm not there yet.

Reactions: friend of

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does it mean to be eternity-minded as opposed to earthly-minded? How does on practice eternal-mindedness today?

In light of Romans 12:2

Romans 12:2 - And do not be conformed... - Verse-by-Verse Commentary

Blessings

Easy! to be heavenly minded is to realize that this world is no longer our home! We are no where as ambassadors of the Kingdom of God! We are to keep focus on the ethos of that kingdom and not the ethos of this fallen world.

Romans 12:2 is one of my life verses. We need to learn how to think as citizens of heaven working here on earth! To stop thinking like we did prior to our salvation and now to think according to the word!

Reactions: friend of

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
To me it means realizing who we have become in Christ. That this world is fleeting, and if we were to see through the veil for an instant we would be forever changed.

So how well can we see with the eyes of our faith?

I think to me being "eternity minded", or I'd say "heavenly minded" means to be aware of Jesus here with me now, and to remember that the day is coming when I'll stand before His judgment seat.

To remember that what I see isn't want matters, that I base my life on what the Bible tells me. That I'm dead to sin and alive to God. That in Him I am fruitful.

Much love!
@Ferris Bueller Ephesians speaks of the heavenly character of the church...

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heavenly minded: "What good can I leave behind me? I've already ... Is my posture right to give an account before God?" Do you think this might qualify for a good heavenly perspective?
Yes, but think of the work you do here in terms of what you're going to send ahead of you.

Matthew 6:20
store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.

1 Timothy 6:18-19
18Instruct them to do good, to be rich in good works, and to be generous and ready to share, 19treasuring up for themselves a firm foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life.

I'm not there yet.
One step at a time, one step at a time.

Reactions: Bartholomew Jones

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me it means realizing who we have become in Christ. That this world is fleeting, and if we were to see through the veil for an instant we would be forever changed.

So true. when we look at the Scriptures and see all those who had an encounter with God- it radically and unalterably changed their lives.

so many people today claim to have seen the Lord, died and met Jesus, had special revelations etc.etc.etc. But yet we see only marginal change in their lives. What radically changed for many of them is the balance of their bank accounts as it went up and up!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The idea that heaven is going to be on earth only bores me.

Your choice if you want to be part of it or not. This is how it's going to be though, whether you like it or not. What God said He will do will come to pass.

Rev 21:1-4
21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
KJV