Every thought captive....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 10:5 (NKJV)
casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As one learns to reckon oneself dead to sin and alive unto God at all times, the mind seems to have a mind of its own.. It takes trips as it were, in this imagination and that imagination, some more blatantly sinful then others, but all are exalting themselves above the knowledge of God... It is these thoughts one is instructed to bring into captivity...

When the mind realizes it has gone on a vain imagination trip as it were, then to bring itself back to the cross of Christ by once again reckoning itself dead to sin and alive unto God...

This action may need to be repeated many times in one day... There may be days of more and days of less.. But this is fighting the fight of faith... To continually bring every thought captive into the obedience of Christ... That is into the obedience of righteousness manifested both inwardly and then outwardly...

The fruit of which will be seen as growth in the life of the inner man.. The fruit of the Spirit will become more and more manifested outwardly... One will find themselves being more patient with people, more loving with people.. And in the course of time one will find the law being fulfilled in them but not by them...

Then, if it’s me, it’s sin, if it’s Christ, it’s not, becomes very real in the life...

This is the learning to walk in newness of life...

Be blessed in the learning...

A fellow learner, Not me

Reactions: Azim and Nancy