Every Worthless Word Spoken Will Be Accounted For On That Day

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you guard the words that you speak? We will all, sinner and Saint, give an account of every worthless (idle/careless) word on that day before God. Here is Jesus speaking to the Pharisees (sinners):

Matthew 12
[34] O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
[35] A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
[36] But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
[37] For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

A Message to the Church

James 3
[1] My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
[2] For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
[3] Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.
[4] Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.
[5] Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
[8] But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
[9] Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
[10] Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
[11] Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
[12] Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.
[13] Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

To my brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ, our diligence in conduct and speech is what separates us from the world. We have to let our lights shine before men that the Father may be glorified. The world is growing darker and darker, so our lights should really be brighter than ever.

To my sinner friends, your words and conduct are condemning you before our Great God. He is offering you mercy today. Will you heed the call? Don't put it off. Procrastination is a killer that leads to hell. Turn to Jesus. Confess and forsake your sins.

Romans 10
[13] For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (KJV)

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you guard the words that you speak? We will all, sinner and Saint, give an account of every worthless (idle/careless) word on that day before God. Here is Jesus speaking to the Pharisees (sinners):

Matthew 12
[34] O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
[35] A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
[36] But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
[37] For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

A Message to the Church

James 3
[1] My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
[2] For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
[3] Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.
[4] Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.
[5] Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
[8] But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
[9] Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
[10] Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
[11] Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
[12] Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.
[13] Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

To my brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ, our diligence in conduct and speech is what separates us from the world. We have to let our lights shine before men that the Father may be glorified. The world is growing darker and darker, so our lights should really be brighter than ever.

To my sinner friends, your words and conduct are condemning you before our Great God. He is offering you mercy today. Will you heed the call? Don't put it off. Procrastination is a killer that leads to hell. Turn to Jesus. Confess and forsake your sins.

Romans 10
[13] For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (KJV)
Our words if wrong or evil are condemned right along with fornication, indecency and greed. In the ASV this statement by Paul is one single sentence though in 2 verses. These three translations give us a pretty good picture of what Paul was condemning.

"But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as becometh saints; nor filthiness, nor foolish talking, or jesting, which are not befitting: but rather giving of thanks." (Eph 5:3-4, ASV)

"Fornication and indecency of any kind, or ruthless greed, must not be so much as mentioned among you, as befits the people of God. No coarse, stupid, or flippant talk: these things are out of place; you should rather be thanking God." (Eph 5:3-4, REB)

"Since you are God's people, it is not right that any matters of sexual immorality or indecency or greed should even be mentioned among you. Nor is it fitting for you to use language which is obscene, profane, or vulgar. Rather you should give thanks to God." (Eph 5:3-4, GNB92)

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and marks

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A timely reminder for all Christian discussion forums.
Yes, we all need reminding of the eternal consequences of our actions. Here's even more on this subject by James, an Apostle of Jesus.

James 1
[26] If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, we all need reminding of the eternal consequences of our actions. Here's even more on this subject by James, an Apostle of Jesus.

James 1
[26] If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
1 Peter 4:10-11 KJV
10) As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
11) If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

We have a high calling!

Much love!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Luke 6:31-38

And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them. “If you love those who love you, what benefit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what benefit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. And if you lend to those from whom you expect to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, to get back the same amount. But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil.