Everybody Think They Right

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
imo it would help a lot if new Christians were brought in OT first, since that is where they are spiritually anyway.
then Pharisees/Sadducees could all be applied to self more easily, etc. start at Gen 1 iow
leave the NT for later

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Because many believe that their "revelation" is the only right revelation.

We all should be "happy" to be "proved" wrong, as some of our dross has been removed. Sadly, many opponents play the person rather than the content, their input is no use, even as bile.
oh, they serve God too

but becoming the observer is hard, yeh

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Why are we so mean to each other,yet we call ourselves Christians?
Because many believe that their "revelation" is the only right revelation.
nice, i would phrase it "believers are drawn into employing the same method from which they came into the world--Hegelian Dialectic iow; logic; a winner and a loser--onto their spiritual walk, and thus their interpretation of the Bible also, which is what gives rise to these..." um, i forgot what we were talking about now, but those.

and interpreters employing the correct syntax make themselves known, in their allowance that truth allows for other perspectives,
truth cannot be determined, so to speak, only postulated, assumed, or theorized by us. Iow on the other hand, you could be right

but an institutional Christian cannot go there, see
for obvious reasons, that institution exists on that premise, etc

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
imo it would help a lot if new Christians were brought in OT first, since that is where they are spiritually anyway.
then Pharisees/Sadducees could all be applied to self more easily, etc. start at Gen 1 iow
leave the NT for later

The concrete operational stage....

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The concrete operational stage....
imo the repetition of the same fractal principle over and over would prime one for the Crucifixion--dutiful 'witnesses' to the left and right as always, which will click in if the reader knows of all the previous examples--and the Gospel, which should bring grace personally home to a seeker pretty easily. Paul's way is best iow--three years led by the Spirit first.

As it is we are led right from a remedy for a fear of "hell" to predestination, and OSAS, arg
what a sham

Reactions: aspen

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My empathy has nothing to do with the truth. The truth is the truth, it doesn't adhere to your emotions. If you preach the truth to an unbeliever for instance, which is Jesus Christ, then they will either accept it or they won't. You did your part, the rest will be up to God.

This is true. We only plant seeds of God's Truth to the unbeliever. Only God can water it and make it grow.

God also chooses who is to hear, for He has blinded some for His purpose.

More than once I witnessed to an unbeliever and afterwards I prayed that person would understand. Next time I saw them I asked questions to see if what I was able to show them had sunk in. They remembered; they showed progress. Then the next time I saw them it was as if our previous conversations about The Bible and The Gospel had never taken place. It was like his memory was wiped clean of the things he at one time admitted.

It took me a while to grasp what had happened, but after a while I realized God did answer my prayer that my witness would bear fruit in the person; but only long enough to show me that He is The One That reveals His Truth, and it's not really us, but Him working through us.

So it's a mistake to think that we have the power to make the unbeliever believe, even if we witness to them an infinite number of times. Only God can turn their ear. And once we witness to someone, then it truly is up to God to do the rest.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
This is true. We only plant seeds of God's Truth to the unbeliever. Only God can water it and make it grow.

God also chooses who is to hear, for He has blinded some for His purpose.

More than once I witnessed to an unbeliever and afterwards I prayed that person would understand. Next time I saw them I asked questions to see if what I was able to show them had sunk in. They remembered; they showed progress. Then the next time I saw them it was as if our previous conversations about The Bible and The Gospel had never taken place. It was like his memory was wiped clean of the things he at one time admitted.

It took me a while to grasp what had happened, but after a while I realized God did answer my prayer that my witness would bear fruit in the person; but only long enough to show me that He is The One That reveals His Truth, and it's not really us, but Him working through us.

So it's a mistake to think that we have the power to make the unbeliever believe, even if we witness to them an infinite number of times. Only God can turn their ear. And once we witness to someone, then it truly is up to God to do the rest.

So how do you witness to a believer,when everyone think they are right,and with all the different teachings I see on this and other forums,we dang sure not all right

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
NO! I believe what I believe, I am secure in what I believe...until God shows me something new!!
You will notice in most of my posts that I use the phrase " I believe...blah blah blah.."

My own personal belief is that no one person has all the truth in their basket.
God , just as with the the gifts of the Spirit gives us Truth...for the Body of Christ...together we have it all, but not individually.
We need each other...that is God's Plan.
The arrogant will obviously not agree with this. ;)

Depends what you mean by 'all the truth'.

We do have all the truth we need in order to be saved.

Where it gets debatable is in how much 'other' truth is also needed.

Wanting to Serve

Mar 3, 2018
Northeast United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 18:3 "And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."
James 1:27 “Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.”

Hopefully we are all praying for wisdom as we constantly learning & growing as we study the living word of God. Let us give each other grace & the room to grow in the Lord. Let us become as little children. Everyone has something to learn and room to grow. It seems in some (not all) Christian circles people are sometimes ready to pounce on words and say....SEE you are not a true Christian because you interpret this as...(fill in the blank)...

Remember Christ decided to build his church with Peter, though Peter got things wrong many many times. Peter even provoked Jesus to imply he was saying something from Satan in trying to prevent Jesus from going to Jerusalem. But God gave Peter room to grow again even after Peter denied him 3 times and yet even then STILL built the church on Peter. So shouldn't we give our brothers and sisters in Christ that much grace & room to grow? Life here is certainly not easy and we are to encourage one another and build each other up.

1 Corinthians 13: 12 & 13 "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity."

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So how do you witness to a believer,when everyone think they are right,and with all the different teachings I see on this and other forums,we dang sure not all right

To witness Christ crucified to the non-believer, we should stay with the simplicity of God's Word about Christ crucified

All we can do is plant seeds of God's Truth, and pray for the hearer, and let God do the rest. God determines when each person is to understand His Word with eyes to see and ears to hear. All will eventually, I'm sure of that per His Word. But the when is up to Him. Some will not 'hear' until Christ's future thousand years reign, as Apostle Paul revealed in Romans 11 about a portion of Israel which God Himself blinded to The Gospel. Events about the future Milennium written in the OT prophets reveal it will be a time of teaching doctrine, and no one will have to ask their neighbor if they know who God is.

Reactions: n2thelight

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
To witness Christ crucified to the non-believer, we should stay with the simplicity of God's Word about Christ crucified

All we can do is plant seeds of God's Truth, and pray for the hearer, and let God do the rest. God determines when each person is to understand His Word with eyes to see and ears to hear. All will eventually, I'm sure of that per His Word. But the when is up to Him. Some will not 'hear' until Christ's future thousand years reign, as Apostle Paul revealed in Romans 11 about a portion of Israel which God Himself blinded to The Gospel. Events about the future Milennium written in the OT prophets reveal it will be a time of teaching doctrine, and no one will have to ask their neighbor if they know who God is.

Just want all to understand,we shall be judged for what we teach.....

Reactions: Davy and ScottA

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree well put.
It is a small minded person who believes that they already have everything 'down pat'. I think Pride is the problem.
I have always prayed for a teachable heart.
Over 50 years along the road...and still learning. Nothing is more exciting (for me) than to see someone write something that I had not seen before. :)

I imagine that the majority of us will have egg on our face in the future because we thought we had certain concepts all figured out. I agree that it can be from pride, but also that it is human nature to want to feel right and will fight against being wrong any way we can. And every one of us has been guilty of this at some point.

And what is truly amazing is how some will put so much energy in sparring with others that hold a different position on issues that are not a condition of salvation. Again, we all need to look in the mirror and recognize we have been guilty to one degree or another. One of the joys I look forward to is having Messiah clear up all the details.

Reactions: Helen and lforrest

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you willing to bet your soul on what you teach on these forums,as judgement will start from us,ie,from the pulpit

Why are we so mean to each other,yet we call ourselves Christians?

Well, I think that, maybe unintentionally, you've hit the nail on the head. "What you teach on these forums".

Too many people come here to do just that...use it as a teaching place, when it's only supposed to be a meeting and conversation place. I don't want to preach here and I don't want someone to preach at me here. It drives me nuts when people post and you can just tell it not for a conversation, it's 'cause they're pulling out their soap box. If they really feel the calling to preach that strongly....go to seminary and then GO PREACH! Go get a church and a congregation who will love to listen to you. But I think this place should be for conversations between Christians. "hey, what do you think about this?" ...."what have you heard about that?"....."was really inspired and uplifted by this song, how about you?"...."Am struggling with this, please help"....

And I think it's the fact that so many come here to preach that things get nasty. If you come to a place with something you need to sell, then you are going to get defensive and a little aggressive if people start putting holes in it, or making you look less authoritative then you feel you are, with all your knowledge and teaching up there in your head. It shouldn't be how a Christian should act, and so, in regards to the OP, perhaps they should be judged. All we can do, I suppose, is keep looking at our own hearts as they are reflected by scripture (wanting), and pray that God will keep us humble and open. And that none of us will fall into that trap...as it's fearfully easy to do...

I come from a different cloth than some other Christians. From where I'm coming from, you either believe the Bible or you don't. When someone points out something in scripture that even a ten year old can understand, and you still claim "it doesn't say it", then its not my or anyone else's doctrine said person has a problem with, they have a problem with the scriptures themselves. We see this continually from certain members on here, and I really can't stand it. Its a waste of time even having a simple discussion with their ilk. There is nothing more you can possibly do for them.

While I applaud your desire to stick to the truth, and nothing but the truth, I'm not sure it's so cut and dried as that. The problem being, people seem to think so differently. We see that here, do we not? What you may see as the bible clearly saying x....that person over there may, quite sincerely, see it as reading y. Do we say that it's a case of different life experiences? Different brain chemistry? Different heart yearnings (sin, perhaps, or just hopes). Is it because they were taught something else all their life and are struggling to put on different lenses? Different revelation? How can we know which, and how do we respond? That's the question, really, isn't it? When you come up against someone who disagrees with you, how do you respond? Do you shut them down like a brick wall and leave them feeling bruised and hurt and wondering why the 'truth' just body slammed them? Or do you attempt to find out why they disagree? I think perhaps Aspen is saying that with love and empathy coming into a conversation we have a better chance of discovering where people are at, how they think, where they come from, why they disagree with you, and maybe even the best way to persuade them. Because you shouldn't just want to slap down the truth in a "take it or leave it" way. Regardless of anything else or how stubborn they are, God loves them, and may be wooing them...it's not, ultimately, your call. You don't have to compromise your truth to do this, in fact, you shouldn't, but I don't believe it impossible to do both.