Everybody Think They Right

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Are you willing to bet your soul on what you teach on these forums,as judgement will start from us,ie,from the pulpit

Why are we so mean to each other,yet we call ourselves Christians?

Reactions: ScottA

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Because many believe that their "revelation" is the only right revelation.

We all should be "happy" to be "proved" wrong, as some of our dross has been removed. Sadly, many opponents play the person rather than the content, their input is no use, even as bile.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you willing to bet your soul on what you teach on these forums,as judgement will start from us,ie,from the pulpit

Because we mistake opinion for truth and call it Christianity. Proof we will spend countless hours and energy creating our own tower of Babel - tower of opinions, anything to avoid loving God and neighbor.....

Christians are the sick, Jesus came to heal.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well my soul isn't up for a bet, because my soul belongs to God. With that said, if what you state as truth is plainly backed up by scripture, then you have nothing to be concerned about. If the recipient of said truth rejects it, then that's their problem. Its not my job to sit here turning the word of God into a matter of debate. Gods word really shouldn't even be up for "debate" to begin with.

Last edited:

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well my soul isn't up for a bet, because my soul belongs to God. With that said, if what you state as truth is plainly backed up by scripture, then you have nothing to be concerned about. If the recipient of said truth rejects it, then that's their problem. Its not my job to sit here turning the word of God into a matter of debate. Gods word really shouldn't even be up for "debate" to begin with.
I'll debate that last statement with you.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll debate that last statement with you.

I come from a different cloth than some other Christians. From where I'm coming from, you either believe the Bible or you don't. When someone points out something in scripture that even a ten year old can understand, and you still claim "it doesn't say it", then its not my or anyone else's doctrine said person has a problem with, they have a problem with the scriptures themselves. We see this continually from certain members on here, and I really can't stand it. Its a waste of time even having a simple discussion with their ilk. There is nothing more you can possibly do for them.

Reactions: FHII and Davy

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I come from a different cloth than some other Christians. From where I'm coming from, you either believe the Bible or you don't. When someone points out something in scripture that even a ten year old can understand, and you still claim "it doesn't say it", then its not my or anyone else's doctrine said person has a problem with, they have a problem with the scriptures themselves. We see this continually from certain members on here, and I really can't stand it. Its a waste of time even having a simple discussion with their ilk. There is nothing more you can possibly do for them.

So what you are saying here is that you have a lack of empathy......

How do you proceed with your sanctification with no empathy and no idea of its central role in Christianity and redemption?

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what you are saying here is that you have a lack of empathy......

How do you proceed with your sanctification with no empathy and no idea of its central role in Christianity and redemption?

My empathy has nothing to do with the truth. The truth is the truth, it doesn't adhere to your emotions. If you preach the truth to an unbeliever for instance, which is Jesus Christ, then they will either accept it or they won't. You did your part, the rest will be up to God.

Reactions: tabletalk

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My empathy has nothing to do with the truth. The truth is the truth, it doesn't adhere to your emotions. If you preach the truth to an unbeliever for instance, which is Jesus Christ, then they will either accept it or they won't. You did your part, the rest will be up to God.

Oh my.....

If you think empathy is restricted to emotion, we are on different pages. The only truth we need to cultivate and practice continously is love - it is our sanctification and our reason for existing. Doctrine is as important as shoes are to a marathon runner; it will help you get to the finish line, but it will not win the race for you.

There are no armchair Christians

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my.....

If you think empathy is restricted to emotion, we are on different pages. The only truth we need to cultivate and practice continously is love - it is our sanctification and our reason for existing. Doctrine is as important as shoes are to a marathon runner; it will help you get to the finish line, but it will not win the race for you.

There are no armchair Christians

Jesus Christ is the truth, and he doesn't need "cultivating" from me or anyone else. He is the reason why you exist. God loves you, but it doesn't mean much in of itself. He would have never wasted his time creating us to begin with without his atonement. The me're concept of love doesn't change that. I can show "love" to a degenerate dirt bag until the moon turns blood red, it won't make him or her any less a degenerate dirt bag.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ is the truth, and he doesn't need "cultivating" from me or anyone else. He is the reason why you exist. God loves you, but it doesn't mean much in of itself. He would have never wasted his time creating us to begin with without his atonement. The me're concept of love doesn't change that. I can show "love" to a degenerate dirt bag until the moon turns blood red, it won't make him or her any less a degenerate dirt bag.

You are actually arguing against Christianity

Jesus created us to love. The sum of the law is to love. Unless you become perfect at loving God and others, you remain in your sin - sin is the misuse of love. This is Christianity!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because many believe that their "revelation" is the only right revelation.

We all should be "happy" to be "proved" wrong, as some of our dross has been removed. Sadly, many opponents play the person rather than the content, their input is no use, even as bile.

Agree well put.
It is a small minded person who believes that they already have everything 'down pat'. I think Pride is the problem.
I have always prayed for a teachable heart.
Over 50 years along the road...and still learning. Nothing is more exciting (for me) than to see someone write something that I had not seen before. :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are you willing to bet your soul on what you teach on these forums..

NO! I believe what I believe, I am secure in what I believe...until God shows me something new!!
You will notice in most of my posts that I use the phrase " I believe...blah blah blah.."

My own personal belief is that no one person has all the truth in their basket.
God , just as with the the gifts of the Spirit gives us Truth...for the Body of Christ...together we have it all, but not individually.
We need each other...that is God's Plan.
The arrogant will obviously not agree with this. ;)

Last edited:

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus created us to love. The sum of the law is to love. Unless you become perfect at loving God and others, you remain in your sin - sin is the misuse of love. This is Christianity!

Unless Jesus Christ died and rose again to put away sin, the creation remains in sin, now and forever. My love has nothing to do with it.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless Jesus Christ died and rose again to put away sin, the creation remains in sin, now and forever. My love has nothing to do with it.

Your love? Self love has nothing to do with IT......

Loving outwardly is IT.

If not, why did Jesus tell us to do so? Why is it the sum of the law? Why is it provided as the reason for Jesus’s death on the cross? Why is it the reason for obedience to God?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
lol, pray it with me then "we thank you God, that we are like these other people" lol

Reactions: Helen and aspen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

proselytizing is a demonstration of "come here and let me love you, you degenerate dirtbag" lol
Christians are the sick, Jesus came to heal.
word

Reactions: aspen

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
proselytizing is a demonstration of "come here and let me love you, you degenerate dirtbag" lol

word

Yes! Absolutely! Unfortunately, many, many, many Christians have convinced themselves that knowledge of doctrine and scripture comprises the whole of Christianity......so, when it comes to loving others, they’ve tried nothing and remain void of ideas....

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes! Absolutely! Unfortunately, many, many, many Christians have convinced themselves that knowledge of doctrines and scripture comprises Christianity......when it comes to loving others, they’ve tried nothing and remain void of ideas....

Totally!! Keep preaching it brother!! Amen.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yes! Absolutely! Unfortunately, many, many, many Christians have convinced themselves that knowledge of doctrines and scripture comprises Christianity......when it comes to loving others, they’ve tried nothing and remain void of ideas....
the warning is plainly documented in Scripture, "you make them seven times the son of hell you are," "having nowhere to go he returns and brings with him seven worse spirits," all pointing to the dangers of identifying with Christianity for easy personal gain, which is what we all do first right.

"Whew, got that over with, now i don't have to worry about going to hell ever again" is not what Scripture teaches at all