Everyone will be best friends with everyone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is Ekklesia

"Perhaps we should start speaking what we really mean to say: The church needs to be the ekklesia. It may initially seem to be a trivial discrepancy, but the differences are staggering."

Ekklesia are those who are abiding in Jesus, called by God, His Own people, born again by His Will. (not by what men do nor will nor think), with circumcised hearts (made not with human hands).

Good News Translation
"Do your best to go in through the narrow door; because many people will surely try to go in but will not be able.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
"Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because I tell you, many will try to enter and won't be able

International Standard Version
"Keep on struggling to enter through the narrow door, because I tell you that many people will try to enter, but won't be able to do so.

NET Bible
"Exert every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to.

Jennifer Augustine

Mar 27, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Perhaps we should start speaking what we really mean to say: The church needs to be the ekklesia. It may initially seem to be a trivial discrepancy, but the differences are staggering."

Ekklesia are those who are abiding in Jesus, called by God, His Own people, born again by His Will. (not by what men do nor will nor think), with circumcised hearts (made not with human hands).

Good News Translation
"Do your best to go in through the narrow door; because many people will surely try to go in but will not be able.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
"Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because I tell you, many will try to enter and won't be able

International Standard Version
"Keep on struggling to enter through the narrow door, because I tell you that many people will try to enter, but won't be able to do so.

NET Bible
"Exert every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to.
Why not just say what you mean? The misplaced and rejected church replaced by the precious body of Christ. The church isn't the Ekklesia because it's truth is rejected by its own body...you can not function with a head less body ..the head is where the mind works

Jennifer Augustine

Mar 27, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The head is the most important part of the body..it's where the eyes ears and mind works...you need eyes to see a mind to know and ears to hear..
So who has the mind of Christ and how is the body functioning now without the church if the church is dysfunctional now

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not just say what you mean? The misplaced and rejected church replaced by the precious body of Christ. The church isn't the Ekklesia because it's truth is rejected by its own body...you can not function with a head less body ..the head is where the mind works
That's not what it is at all.

The errors in all you were taught are showing now.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So are you telling me your already in the kingdon of heaven right now? I'm pretty sure I'm on earth

The bible tells us ( 2 Cor ) we are a kingdom people...and not of this kingdom..God says we are His Ambassadors here. So we don't belong here..as Hebrews 11 says - we have the Promises..." ..but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth."

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So who is the Ekklesia
It is a Greek word used in scriptures prior to translation into English. Because of sometimes poor translations or understanding sometimes people use the original word instead of 'church' or some other English word. You may look up the meaning yourself but below is one that I copied and pasted:.

"What is the definition of ekklesia?"

Answer:
Understanding the definition of ekklesia (and its alternate spelling ecclesia) is an important component of understanding the church. Ekklesia is a Greek word defined as “a called-out assembly or congregation.” Ekklesia is commonly translated as “church” in the New Testament. For example, Acts 11:26 says that “Barnabas and Saul met with the church [ekklesia]” in Antioch. And in 1 Corinthians 15:9 Paul says that he had persecuted the church [ekklesia] of God.” The “called-out assembly,” then, is a congregation of believers whom God has called out of the world and “into His wonderful light” (1 Peter 2:9). The Greek ekklesia is the basis for our English words ecclesiastical (“pertaining to the church”) and ecclesiology (“the study of doctrine concerning the church”).

The word in the New Testament was also used to refer to any assembly of people. In his address to the Sanhedrin, Stephen calls the people of Israel “the assembly [ekklesia] in the wilderness” (Acts 7:38). And in Acts 19:39, ekklesia refers to a convening of citizens to discuss legal matters. However, in most contexts, the word ekklesia is used to refer to the people who comprise the New Testament church.

It is important that the church today understand the definition of ekklesia. The church needs to see itself as being “called out” by God. If the church wants to make a difference in the world, it must be different from the world. Salt is different from the food it flavors. God has called the church to be separate from sin (1 Peter 1:16), to embrace fellowship with other believers (Acts 2:42), and to be a light to the world (Matthew 5:14). God has graciously called us unto Himself: “‘Come out from them and be separate,’ says the Lord. ‘Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you’” (2 Corinthians 6:17).

Reactions: Helen and Joseph77

Jennifer Augustine

Mar 27, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a Greek word used in scriptures prior to translation into English. Because of sometimes poor translations or understanding sometimes people use the original word instead of 'church' or some other English word. You may look up the meaning yourself but below is one that I copied and pasted:.

"What is the definition of ekklesia?"

Answer: Understanding the definition of ekklesia (and its alternate spelling ecclesia) is an important component of understanding the church. Ekklesia is a Greek word defined as “a called-out assembly or congregation.” Ekklesia is commonly translated as “church” in the New Testament. For example, Acts 11:26 says that “Barnabas and Saul met with the church [ekklesia]” in Antioch. And in 1 Corinthians 15:9 Paul says that he had persecuted the church [ekklesia] of God.” The “called-out assembly,” then, is a congregation of believers whom God has called out of the world and “into His wonderful light” (1 Peter 2:9). The Greek ekklesia is the basis for our English words ecclesiastical (“pertaining to the church”) and ecclesiology (“the study of doctrine concerning the church”).

The word in the New Testament was also used to refer to any assembly of people. In his address to the Sanhedrin, Stephen calls the people of Israel “the assembly [ekklesia] in the wilderness” (Acts 7:38). And in Acts 19:39, ekklesia refers to a convening of citizens to discuss legal matters. However, in most contexts, the word ekklesia is used to refer to the people who comprise the New Testament church.

It is important that the church today understand the definition of ekklesia. The church needs to see itself as being “called out” by God. If the church wants to make a difference in the world, it must be different from the world. Salt is different from the food it flavors. God has called the church to be separate from sin (1 Peter 1:16), to embrace fellowship with other believers (Acts 2:42), and to be a light to the world (Matthew 5:14). God has graciously called us unto Himself: “‘Come out from them and be separate,’ says the Lord. ‘Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you’” (2 Corinthians 6:17).
But who is the church

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are you telling me your already in the kingdon of heaven right now? I'm pretty sure I'm on earth
did you read what Jesus said, or are you just going by your own judgement of where Heaven (God's Throne) is. where did Jesus say the Kingdom of God is?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But who is the church
Here is something I wrote down a number of years ago, which may help:

What is Church [Ekklesia]?

God can come to us alone in our closet with Him in prayer, but a very precise promise is given to us by Jesus in these words:

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matt 18:20

When we are gathered in his name, He is there with us. Not less than two in this promise. What is a Church or the Church? The word usually translated as church is ekklesia, an assembly of people. This is plural, not singular.

The prophet Elijiah went away alone and presumptuously indicated that he was the only one of God's side. God set him straight on that advising that 7000 in Israel had not bent their knee to Baal.

We should never presume that "I" am the only one close to God that alone "I" am able to draw as close to God as I need to get.

We must come together "in his name", whether it is in a building designated as a church or it is in a home or it is on a street corner or it is on an Internet forum.

Why?

One reason is for strength and mutual comfort.

"Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up. Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone? And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken." Ecc 4:9-12

A second reason is as per the 1st verse I quoted above: To assure that He is in our midst. [Without Him in our midst we have no more that secular social gathering]

A third reason is that we are to be a Body of members, not individuals flying with the Lord alone.

"For the body is not one member, but many.
If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing?
If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
And if they were all one member, where were the body?
But now are they many members, yet but one body.
And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:" I Cor 12:14-22

As the natural body of each of us has many members joined together and working together to accomplish the purposes of the whole, so is the Body of Christ.

"For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom;
to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ." I Cor 12:8-12

Alone, we cannot be a part of the Body of Christ and this means not Jesus alone or with God alone or with the Holy Ghost alone... but with other individuals like you and like me: the Church [Ekklesia]!

Reactions: Helen and friend of

Jennifer Augustine

Mar 27, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God can come to us alone in our closet with Him in prayer, but a very precise promise is given to us by Jesus in these words:

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matt 18:20

When we are gathered in his name, He is there with us. Not less than two in this promise. What is a Church or the Church? The word usually translated as church is ekklesia, an assembly of people. This is plural, not singular.

The prophet Elijiah went away alone and presumptuously indicated that he was the only one of God's side. God set him straight on that advising that 7000 in Israel had not bent their knee to Baal.

We should never presume that "I" am the only one close to God that alone "I" am able to draw as close to God as I need to get.

We must come together "in his name", whether it is in a building designated as a church or it is in a home or it is on a street corner or it is on an Internet forum.

Why?

"Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up. Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone? And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken." Ecc 4:9-12

A second reason is as per the 1st verse I quoted above: To assure that He is in our midst. [Without Him in our midst we have no more that secular social gathering]

A third reason is that we are to be a Body of members, not individuals flying with the Lord alone.

If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:" I Cor 12:14-22

As the natural body of each of us has many members joined together and working together to accomplish the purposes of the whole, so is the Body of Christ.

To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ." I Cor 12:8-12

Alone, we cannot be a part of the Body of Christ and this means not Jesus alone or with God alone or with the Holy Ghost alone... but with other individuals like you and like me: the Church [Ekklesia]!
But what is the purpose of the body of the Christ and the church

Jennifer Augustine

Mar 27, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why?

Nobody rejecting nobody but it seems like people are rejecting this church and people been living on earth for a while, and I have yet to see any kind of movement in this world, I still see the same old cliche teachings men preach and people still trying to predict doomsday when in reality Jesus said it will come like a thief in the night..will people still trying to figure things out then ...what is a body of Christ without real truth in it and y'all wonder why we live in a lost world because people are being decieved by false teachers and teachings