Everyone will be best friends with everyone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But what is the purpose of the body of the Christ and the church
So then even what is God's purpose for men?

How much of the plan, God's plan, are we able to see or understand?

God gave Moses the plan to build a tabernacle in the wilderness and Moses using the hands of gifted men accomplished God's purpose, but the plan now is not to be built with hands.

Our vision is to be of His plan... of a stone cut out of the mountain without hands, if we can see it and understand it:

"Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure." Daniel 2:45

What is the mountain? What are the clay, the silver and the gold?

We may see that Jesus is the chief corner stone, but then who are these?

"Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ." I Peter 2:5

This then is the vision, if we can see and understand it, isn't it... or?

What is the function of the stone that you are or that I am? God knows and as we grow with Him we should know or be learning... or?

You see that really there are more questions than answers. God, however, has all of the answers and if are listening carefully to Him will He not show us the Way?

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23
"O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!" Psalm 119:5

Who is, or should, our Director be today?

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

Jennifer Augustine

Mar 27, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then even what is God's purpose for men?

How much of the plan, God's plan, are we able to see or understand?

God gave Moses the plan to build a tabernacle in the wilderness and Moses using the hands of gifted men accomplished God's purpose, but the plan now is not to be built with hands.

Our vision is to be of His plan... of a stone cut out of the mountain without hands, if we can see it and understand it:

"Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure." Daniel 2:45

What is the mountain? What are the clay, the silver and the gold?

We may see that Jesus is the chief corner stone, but then who are these?

"Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ." I Peter 2:5

This then is the vision, if we can see and understand it, isn't it... or?

What is the function of the stone that you are or that I am? God knows and as we grow with Him we should know or be learning... or?

You see that really there are more questions than answers. God, however, has all of the answers and if are listening carefully to Him will He not show us the Way?

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23
"O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!" Psalm 119:5

Who is, or should, our Director be today?

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6
Because people they don't know the truth...God doesn't share his plans with mankind..that's why he sent prophets to correct things

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody rejecting nobody but it seems like people are rejecting this church and people been living on earth for a while, and I have yet to see any kind of movement in this world, I still see the same old cliche teachings men preach and people still trying to predict doomsday when in reality Jesus said it will come like a thief in the night..will people still trying to figure things out then ...what is a body of Christ without real truth in it and y'all wonder why we live in a lost world because people are being decieved by false teachers and teachings
So stop looking at those people in their cliché modes and their false teachings and deceptions. Look rather to Jesus:

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:2

If and when you see the Body of Christ, don't expect to see it with the orbs of flesh in the front of your head. Those are the wrong eyes.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because people they don't know the truth...God doesn't share his plans with mankind..that's why he sent prophets to correct things

There are a few who know truth and want to know more. Remember Elijah who told God that he was the only one. God set him straight on that telling him that were 7,000 besides him. God shares the parts of His plan with you that you need to know when you need to know them... if you are listening to and following Him. Without Him we can do nothing!

Reactions: Helen