Everyone you dislike will end up in heaven having faith in the Gospel?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is the righteous judge.

Sin paid for on the cross.

Freewill choice.

Believers - non believers.

You ever met a Christian who professed he was a believer and you didn’t like him, so you deemed him no good? Hell I’ve done that with plenty of people being a Christian with wrong heart motives.

There are gonna people you probably couldn’t stand in Heaven, but it will be okay, new heavenly bodies, and everything spiritual will abound. There will be people that will be helping possibly those who are outside the kingdom to come into the light (spectulation: Revelation 22).

Everyone who passes this life go on to be judged, and God makes his fair judgment, and he desires none to perish. There will be some outside the kingdom of Heaven, and some coming into the heavenly kingdom.

If I’m wrong I’ll be wrong when I get there though this is what the Bible still suggested a God who is love, who desires for none to perish.

In Christ, peace, mercy, love,

Matthew Gallagher

Reactions: Nancy

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I trust that God will give me a more forgiving heart by the time I see Jesus face-to-face in the World to Come.

Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is. (1 John 3:2)

(But I guess I'm supposed to be practicing in the here-and-now for when I have a truly forgiving heart. Then it won't be such a big shock when it happens.)

Last edited:

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except Esau … Malachi 1:3 & Romans 9:13.
You obviously don’t have a clue what it means when it says god hated Esau.

It does not mean God literally hates Esau, it’s a Jewish idiom that means God loved Esau less, in comparison to Jacob.

Proof of this fact is found in the scripture where Jesus says we must hate our mother and father, and our family To be worthy of Jesus.

Luk 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Jesus is obviously not teaching that we must literally hate our family including our mother and father, but that we must love them less than we love him.

And another Calvinist proof text bites the dust.

Reactions: Nancy

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is the righteous judge.

Sin paid for on the cross.

Freewill choice.

Believers - non believers.

You ever met a Christian who professed he was a believer and you didn’t like him, so you deemed him no good? Hell I’ve done that with plenty of people being a Christian with wrong heart motives.

There are gonna people you probably couldn’t stand in Heaven, but it will be okay, new heavenly bodies, and everything spiritual will abound. There will be people that will be helping possibly those who are outside the kingdom to come into the light (spectulation: Revelation 22).

Everyone who passes this life go on to be judged, and God makes his fair judgment, and he desires none to perish. There will be some outside the kingdom of Heaven, and some coming into the heavenly kingdom.

If I’m wrong I’ll be wrong when I get there though this is what the Bible still suggested a God who is love, who desires for none to perish.

In Christ, peace, mercy, love,

Matthew Gallagher
MT 7 Narrow is the way that leads to life and FEW there be who find it.

Reactions: amadeus

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My encouragement is for anyone to read and look into their Bibles and search for the answers. Have faith in the Gospel of Christ, and love God and love others.

Please be encouraged to read your Bible!

Thank you for everyone who has commented,
God bless you and your families, in Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

Reactions: Lambano and amadeus

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You obviously don’t have a clue what it means when it says god hated Esau.

It does not mean God literally hates Esau, it’s a Jewish idiom that means God loved Esau less, in comparison to Jacob.

Proof of this fact is found in the scripture where Jesus says we must hate our mother and father, and our family To be worthy of Jesus.

Luk 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Jesus is obviously not teaching that we must literally hate our family including our mother and father, but that we must love them less than we love him.

And another Calvinist proof text bites the dust.
What a pity none of the translators knew that and translated the idiom like they did other Jewish idioms … Why would the Holy Spirit quote a Jewish idiom in Greek and not bother to translate the meaning?

Luke 14 is hyperbole … like plucking out your eye (Matthew 18:9) … to emphasize the importance of what is being said.
Read the context of Malachi 1:2-5 and see how God demonstrated His “love” for Esau then try a real exegesis of the verse.

2 “I have loved you,” says the LORD.
“Yet you say, ‘In what way have You loved us?’
Was not Esau Jacob’s brother?”
Says the LORD.
“Yet Jacob I have loved;
3 But Esau I have hated,
And laid waste his mountains and his heritage

For the jackals of the wilderness.”
4 Even though Edom has said,
“We have been impoverished,
But we will return and build the desolate places,”
Thus says the LORD of hosts:
They may build, but I will throw down;

They shall be called the Territory of Wickedness,
And the people against whom the LORD will have indignation forever.

5 Your eyes shall see,
And you shall say,
‘The LORD is magnified beyond the border of Israel.’

[I suppose Revelation is just God “loving sinners less” (Revelation 14:18-20, Revelation 19:15) than those whose names are written in the Book of Life (Revelation 20:15).]

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you, (I may be wrong)

The case as far as Romans 9,

Is a matter of interpretation.

There are different classes of group one being Calvinist which they debate that Romans 9 is pretty much for modern today. When it was actually in context dealing those in the Old Testament in which God is mentioned to hate Esau. Which some say God hated him, then there is a notion of that God loved him, less because of the choice he had made. Like the pharaoh who’s dark continuously became hard by denying the true and living God.

I believe that God so loved the world; he showed his love by sending his Son to reconciled everyone back due Jesus having the victory over Satan, and his Demons, sin, death, grave, Sheol, hell.

God bless, in Christ, peace, kindness, love,
Matthew Gallagher

Reactions: Lambano

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings Matthew,

There is a term … Biblicist … that I am not fond of (because EVERYONE claims to follow the Bible and then argues over what it means), but a “Biblicist” is someone that believes God wrote EXACTLY what He meant and meant EXACTLY what He wrote. They reject fancy explanations that claim “it doesn’t really mean what it says”.

While I am not a “Biblicist”, I simply presented two verses from a “Biblicist” perspective that challenge the premise of the OP. They are set forth for you to address or ignore as YOU deem appropriate. You stated that you believe God loves everyone without exception, and Scripture states twice that “God hated Esau”.

I deliberately made no more of it that presenting the verses and the briefest statement of fact about how they relate to the OP.

God bless you in your quest for truth,
Arthur

PS. Curtis taught error that needed to be challenged for others that might read his error and believe it. The context of Malachi 1 does not support the Jewish idiom “unloved” like Genesis 29:31 does, and Paul would not have used the Jewish idiom when writing a letter in Greek to gentiles living in Rome.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Arthur,

Thank you for comment and sharing.

I’ve heard two different interpretations of Romans 9, like mentioned before.

People have different lines of thinking.

Shouldn’t I hate my brother, and my mother like Jesus stated to?

““If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭14:26‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

God bless you,
Matthew Gallagher

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shouldn’t I hate my brother, and my mother like Jesus stated to?
Hyperbole: exaggeration for dramatic effect or to enhance the point

[Luke 18:25] "For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
[Matthew 18:9] "If your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out and throw it from you. It is better for you to enter life with one eye, than to have two eyes and be cast into the fiery hell.
[Matthew 23:24] "You blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!”
[Luke 14:26] "If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.”
  • Do camels fit through the eye of a needle?
  • Have you plucked out your eye?
  • Do people swallow camels?
If you answered YES to all of the above, then you should probably HATE YOUR MOTHER.
If you answered NO to the above, then you recognize “hyperbole” when you see it and should recognize it in Luke 14:26 as well.

Why would Jesus use hyperbole and tell you to hate your mother (A violation of several commandments)?
[It must be something IMPORTANT.]

(PS. Just for the record, I am not going to tell you how to understand Romans 9: that is the job of the Holy Spirit.)

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello atpollard,

Thank you again for sharing.

May others please feel free to share as well,

In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Already here in hell? Or... are some already here in heaven?
Well with the Holy Spirit I would say we get a taste of heaven. I was just kidding of course. There have been a few people that have been rude to me and made it difficult for me. They have mostly been mentally ill people around me. And I know that's why. Their brains don't work right. So they have an excuse and I'm reminded to forgive them. They will be cured in the resurrection too.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well with the Holy Spirit I would say we get a taste of heaven. I was just kidding of course.
I was only half kidding. Sometimes that way, with God's help, may become the Way, if you understand what I mean. Never be too quick to assume someone is wrong or right at that first meeting. Let God show you how it is.

I remember in high school where I was small for my age and teased by some. Two in particular were always talking about and making fun of me. There was an older boy who was with them talking to them at times... and I presumed he was like they were about me. I have never been more wrong.

Only much later was I to discover that he openly manifested the fruits of the Spirit at a secular school. That was an uncommon thing and he encouraged me greatly, helping me to move farther away from my own little pity parties and toward God.

It was to be many years before God really improved my own discernment of other people.

What a mighty God we serve!

There have been a few people that have been rude to me and made it difficult for me. They have mostly been mentally ill people around me. And I know that's why. Their brains don't work right. So they have an excuse and I'm reminded to forgive them. They will be cured in the resurrection too.
You keep on moving toward God, my friend trusting always in Him. You are in my prayers!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was only half kidding. Sometimes that way, with God's help, may become the Way, if you understand what I mean. Never be too quick to assume someone is wrong or right at that first meeting. Let God show you how it is.

I remember in high school where I was small for my age and teased by some. Two in particular were always talking about and making fun of me. There was an older boy who was with them talking to them at times... and I presumed he was like they were about me. I have never been more wrong.

Only much later was I to discover that he openly manifested the fruits of the Spirit at a secular school. That was an uncommon thing and he encouraged me greatly, helping me to move farther away from my own little pity parties and toward God.

It was to be many years before God really improved my own discernment of other people.

What a mighty God we serve!

You keep on moving toward God, my friend trusting always in Him. You are in my prayers!

It's nice to hear that that boy helped you from them that ridiculed. Kids can be so mean. I think many take lifetimes to grow up and God is needed for them.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every once in a while, I see questions where the whole premise is just wrong!

Are we not supposed to "love our neighbors as ourselves". I am not saying that we have got there, nor will we while in this life in the flesh. Never-the-less, to love our neighbors as ourselves is our objective, is it not? So, then it is not to judge them.

Jesus said He did not judge, but as He heard He judged!!

To say we like or dislike other people is to judge them!!

Still Malichi writing an oracle from God (what God told Him to write) wrote:

Mal 1:2,3 “I have loved you,” says the LORD. But you say, “How have You loved us?” “Was not Esau Jacob’s brother?” declares the LORD. “Yet I have loved Jacob; but I have hated Esau, and I have made his mountains a desolation and appointed his inheritance for the jackals of the wilderness.”

If then you are not judging others but as you hear you judge, then the question in the OP would be, "Will everyone that God dislikes wind up in heaven?"... because we not to be leaning on our own understanding!

Therefore - if we are asking, if "Everyone you dislike will end up in heaven having faith in the Gospel?", the very question shows we are not seeking the Lord like we should! Thus, the question is a wrong question! Of course, the question was supposed to realize things about ourselves, but it reveals a lot more that we might expect!

Let me give an example:

I was talking to the Lord about Putin. It is hard not to dislike him under the current situation, and very hard to like him. Still, we are supposed to take our thoughts captive to Jesus Christ. Yes, he is a lot of trouble. He is a fearful man lack confidence and instead operating out of pride. He is not even leading his people into battle, like the kings of old, but is staying far away from his perceived danger. Yet his danger is not in that battle but in the battle, his is badly losing. It is in the nightmares that effect his sleep. It is in his desire to control and his fear that he might not control as he wants. Indeed, he has already lost that battle because of the spirits that have taken so much control over his life. So it is that spirits of pride and fear have taken over his life, and how now will he turn back to life and the truth (Jesus Christ)? So, it was explained, that Putin is losing control of his life and he can feel it in his spirit. So, the desire to have back control of his life (spiritually speaking) results in the actions that he takes in the flesh.

So, do we dislike Putin? Obviously, we should dislike the actions he has taken, but what about the man who looks like he most likely will spend eternity in hell and who from what I hear is already suffering the effects from the dark forces of this world. As for me, I am quick to take a dislike to him. As for the Lord; from what I hear there is still a great compassion and regret for even a man like Putin.

Then did we "Christians" fail to make it clear that our battle is not with flesh and blood, but with the dark spiritual forces of this world?

And in fact, are we even failing to remember where our battle lies - not with flesh and blood but with the dark spiritual forces of this world?

What does reading a question like, if "Everyone you dislike will end up in heaven having faith in the Gospel?" - are we talking about disliking the dark spiritual forces or have we forgotten where the battle lies? Should we not be "liking people"? The Lord reproves those He love. When I turn and listen to Jesus Christ my Lord, He reproves me - even for not like Putin. He again helps me realize where the battle is!

Eph 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

If we are going to dislike someone - it shouldn't be about flesh and blood should it? So, I got reproved, because I was starting to dislike Putin, forgetting that he is not one of the rulers, or the powers, or the world forces of darkness, and the Russian army is not the spiritual forces of wickedness in heavenly place, but rather they are those control by those we battle with, are they not? So, who do you dislike, when you say you dislike a person?

So to answer the question in the OP - if my likes and dislikes are righteous (being from God) then "No, I don't believe those I dislike we be found in heaven!!"

Still - I don't get everything right. If it is possible that Putin, the man, might still be able to turn back to the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved, could it also be that some of the "world forces of this darkness" might still be able (however unlikely) still turn back to Jesus Christ? It is written that "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son..."

Reactions: amadeus