Evidence of Black Africans in the Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So those interracial couples I see on a daily basis here in little old backward SC are just figments of my imagination, right? I suppose I should tell my family members their marriages really don't exist and that they're treated completely different for who they are and regardless of my now cousin's skin color. It will be a shock to them.

And, unfortunately the bias surfaces, I'll simply point out who brought what up in the first place.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
So those interracial couples I see on a daily basis here in little old backward SC are just figments of my imagination, right? I suppose I should tell my family members their marriages really don't exist and that they're treated completely different for who they are and regardless of my now cousin's skin color. It will be a shock to them.

And, unfortunately the bias surfaces, I'll simply point out who brought what up in the first place.

I am comparing that with Countries that have far more percentage of people intermarrying than the U.S. In those Countries that I am thinking about there is only one culture within or at least a blending of cultures into one.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Christian 1488,
Since the templars and Masons have maintained control over the banks of Europe and then of America, and provide financing for most institutions, scholarly and otherwise, there is no extra biblical source of "history" that I could ever trust completely. Authors typically have their own agendas. Published authors meet the agenda of those in control, and the agenda of those in control has typically been the enslavement of every one else. In your little dissertation you neglected to make any mention of the Falashas of Ethiopia which are a black people, practiced the ancient Jewish rites and have been welcomed back to Israel as decendants of Jacob. Do you think that they were slaves of the Christians that displaced them? If so, how did they become Jews and have familiarity with the forms of temple worship?
The clansmen were never of the body of Christ, and were no more than racists who like to wear dresses and masks to hide their evil deeds. The Nazis were never members of the body of Christ (and they also indulged themselves in sexual perversion and imagined themselves superior to everyone else.) The Lord will deal with them all. Such men made it their goal in a post Lincoln america to destroy the native american population in the name of progress and of the Monroe doctrine. Why or how "The Sign and the Seal" was published is somewhat baffling to me, but the author included his sources, literary and otherwise, and much of the evidence is hidden in plain site.
You also miss the simple point that everyone alive is descended from Noah, and all the races were contained in Noah's seed. I would trust my black brothers in Christ with my back, I can't say that for some of those of European origins. I've read excerpts from writings of the founding fathers who owned large plantations, and while they "recognized" slavery to be a great evil, they also "recognized" the need for slavery in the agrarian south in the local economy of the day, where their plantations were generally located, and left the burden to future generations to deliver the people that they built their wealth upon. Evil men always build their wealth on the backs and with the blood of those that they can enslave, physically, economically, or mentally. All men are slaves, and who rules in the world of men? It was for freedom that Christ set us free.
Don't be deceived, all men have the same potential built into them, and where the "races" have intermixed there is always a richer store of genetic variation in the gene pool. A narrow genotype is one destined to extinction when environmental conditions become harsh. Genetic variability is the key to population success, hybrid vigour is a reality demonstrated through husbandry and agrarian science. Racism is just biggotry inspired by the devil to keep men seperated from each other and make them easier targets for destruction and enslavement. God seperated the Jews, not for genetic reasons, but to be a Holy people under His blessings and His curses and as an example before the nations; The law commanded the tribes to welcome the stranger. The slave under the law was eventually to be given his freedom, or made a part of the family at the slave's choice. The only race that really exists is the Human Race; we are all of the same kind, and "race" is only phenotypic variations of the gene pool for humanity.
Men can't stand upon the rock which is Christ Jesus while trying to push their brothers off it and deny them their inheritance. The days of reckoning are coming and our God is equitable and just. He will reward each according to their labors, and thieves and liars will certainly be expelled.
I hope and pray that all who enter these discussions are found faithul, but some need to repent, and some need to lift their noses out of books and meet Christ for the first time.
In His name,
Michael

Reactions: Angelina

Christian1488

Sep 25, 2011
It’s one thing for people who live in another Countries to have different cultures, but when two sets people live in the same Country under the same government, and speak the same language and is separated by culture, that is sad.

But I would say that whatever misunderstanding blacks might have of whites was caused by the way whites treated blacks. The vast majority of blacks only wanted to be accepted and respected, the same way most whites were treated by each other…..but blacks could not get the respect they deserve.

Look at this website,to see how blacks treat whites....in South Africa

http://www.southafricaproject.info/ - The South Africa Project

http://www.southafri...ect_fliers.html - fliers
(look at the fliers....)

Diversity or Deception

HTML:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1COGn2tiKjk

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK...since yawl seemed to have covered the subjects of Moses' second wife from Cush
And the Eunuch from Ethiopia from where we get what the preacher says at every Baptism service...

I really don't see anything else to add to the discussion. Those two are the most famous blacks in the Bible.

I can't remember where Stephen was from...

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
It’s one thing for people who live in another Countries to have different cultures, but when two sets people live in the same Country under the same government, and speak the same language and is separated by culture, that is sad.

But I would say that whatever misunderstanding blacks might have of whites was caused by the way whites treated blacks. The vast majority of blacks only wanted to be accepted and respected, the same way most whites were treated by each other…..but blacks could not get the respect they deserve.

I truely wish it were that easy to explain or find the root cause. It's truely not that simple. White people weren't "kind" to black people, that's true. There were many people who had no opinion of race.

Where things get fuzzy is in the political movements after the Civil War. (A war which is written off as being about Slavery) The Emancipation Proclimation wasn't for all states. It was only for the Confederate States. At the same time during the Civil War, all Union states were allowed, and promised, to be able to have slaves indefinately.

What happened after the Civil War was an attempt by men in high places, to keep the southern states from becoming "successful" and rising again. During this time after the Civil War, supplies, education, and money was kept from the southern states. Black people were pitted against white people and vice versa. Government propaganda saw to it.

Now in this day and age, we're still holding that many of the standards apply. I've heard that things haven't changed much in all this time. Maybe it's because I'm not black that I don't experience some of what is claimed to be still happening. In all but one of the places in my life, there hasn't been even a hint of racism.

Granted, betwen the races, our history (or rather, our heritages) are different, but not as much as you would think. We as a nation assimilate all those who live here. When people immigrate, they eventually become a part of American culture. Some traditions remain, such as celebrations and types of food.

The problem we have now is actually seeing race, not just seeing another person. Seems to me that we all do that. "White culture does this, Black culture does that." etc.

The heritage of my family doesn't affect who I am as a person today. The color of my skin doesn't affect who I am as a person today. I honestly believe, In America, you are expected to act a certain way, or do, a certain thing based on what color your skin is. Although, I do see race becoming less of an issue these days than in the past. Alot of the things that were associated with races are blending together.

What I said and the above only proves that there is no such thing as American exceptionalism. But there are other Countries where people of different skin color live in peace and intermary with each other, that will never happen here in the U.S under the courrent mindset here in the U.S.

Have you ever been to Califorinia, or Texas?

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so Dear Chrstian1488,
You smear the name of Jesus Christ, even as you burn your crosses. Your house will be left desolate. I call you to repentance. I need no other proof than the filth you've reproduced here, but then, you're only human.
I call upon the body of Christ to bear testimony to the Lord and give this one up for the destruction of the flesh, so that his soul might be saved.
In His sorrow and grief,
Michael

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm....it is hard for me to admit that racists like xtian1488 still exist, but here it the evidence. We have more knowledge at our fingertips then in anytime in history, yet some choose to hang on to their ignorance at all costs. What a shame.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009

There's alot of diversity in Texas. Seems to me that cultural diversity is celebrated in Texas. California is a whole nother deal on it's own, atleast in LA. Alot of the younger crowd doesn't seem to have a race at all. Almost everywhere you look you see a bunch of different races hanging out together, dating and getting married. I don't live there just visit. From what I've seen it's fantastic.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello everybody,
Grace and peace to you. I just wanted to add one last comment, which is just an observation. Not too long ago, my wife and I were attending a local church where the Pastor was both a nice guy and theologically sound. I think that he had his training from J. MacArthur's school, and you won't find many preacher/teachers as sound as MacArthur (though I still disagree with some interpretations that require mental gymnastics and ignore what scripture plainly says.) Brother John is an amazing scholar just the same, and in that respect I don't hold a candle to him. But, this local Pastor, sound as he is in doctrine, gets more than a little self righteous at times, and most definitely has unresolved personal issues. In the past, this guy was a motocycle mechanic, a bit of a biker, and an excellent percussionist. I don't know what else the man went through in the world, but it's left noticeable scars in his behavior and in his preaching. We all tend to carry baggage from our life before salvation, and some more than others. That church had a relatively small congregation that met in the main sanctuary and another Hispanic congregation that met in the basement. The division was due to language, but I noted that the traditional sanctuary, the more comfortable one, was used by those who came first with respect to the historical founding of that congregation. It takes time for the Spirit of God to heal and renew our minds, this is a big part of what sanctification is about. If the Lord allowed us to see ourselves as we are in the depths of our sin all at once, it would be more than a little difficult to handle.
We left that particular church because the preaching was starting to give my wife doubts in her salvation and in the character of God. While a good Preacher must point out sin, he should also offer grace and mercy through the gospel of salvation in Christ Jesus. We may grow tired of hearing gospel messages at times, but if you bind someone's conscience with the law, you must also offer freedom through the grace of Christ, Who did not come for our condemnation, but for our redemption. I would never suggest softening the truth, as hell and condemnation is a reality, but Jesus suffered and died to spare us the eternal consequence of our sin, and His love is far more effective in bringing wayward sheep back into the fold. However, unregenerate hearts don't desire the love of God, because they are at enmity with God. As beautiful as Jesus may appear to us, He frightens those on the outside and rightly so. If people in the world have no fear of Christ, its because the Lord has been misrepresented to them. We are called to be ambassadors of peace, but an ambassador of peace is uneccessary where there is no war, so our very existence proves the point. We are able to see the Lord as entirely lovely, because we have been made alive spiritually by His own breath, and in this respect our eyes have been renewed before our minds. There is a verse that I read years ago and pondered about for a while: With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself froward Psalm 18:26. This quote is from the King James version (and I don't believe that the translation itself is more inspired than another,) and the reason that it caught my attention was that I didn't have a clue what the word "froward" means. I didn't have Bible study software or multiple translations at my finger tips, but I think I'd already received the gift of an old secondhand copy of Strong's concordance from the Pastor at the church where I publicly confessed my faith and was baptised. The concordance wasn't a great help with this verse. As I don't read Greek and Hebrew, I use the New American Standard for some study as some people claim that it is the most faithful to the original languages (I couldn't say one way or another.) A footnote tells me that the Hebrew word translated as "froward" litterally means "twisted." This causes some theological problems, especially to the eyes of the unregenerate. God does not change and His character is only good, so if He shows Himself one way to one person, then He must show Himself the same way to another. The problem with our understanding here is that some people see God entirely differently than others and this has to do with our eyes being good or evil (regenerate or unregenerate.) Consider this rebuke in the scripture:
21 These things you have done, and I kept silent;
You thought that I was altogether like you;
But I will rebuke you,
And set them in order before your eyes
Psalm 50:21
New King James Version (NKJV)
People have always created their own gods in their own images, and the same is true when unregenerate eyes read the scripture, even when "Christian" commentaries are available. There is one God, One begotten Son, and one Holy Spirit, but unless you receive the Son, and are quickened by His Spirit, you can never grasp what He's like, regardless of the amount of study you might do or resources that you might have. If you haven't yet known Him, this is the time to confess your sin to God and trust Him for your salvation, through the blood of His Son, shed on your behalf, and ask Him to lead you and guide you through the indwelling of His Holy Spirit. The Lord Himself will guide you through His word, to do what is right, but our righteousness is never from what we do (other than confess Him with our mouth and beleive that He is risen from the dead.) It comes from the risen Christ in whom we believe. The Old Testament Scripture calls Him The Lord our Righteosness and indeed He is. We have nothing to offer Him but our obedience and even this is of His grace. Amen.
Well, I missed the first half of the Jets game, so I'll say goodbye for now. May the Lord bless you richly in understanding and give you growth in His grace. Amen.

Reactions: Redeemed86

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Origins of light skin

See also: Human skin color
The main hypotheses which attempt to account for white skin suggest it is an adaptation to inadequate ultraviolet radiation. As humans moved out of the tropics, a conspicuous latitude gradient of skin tones follows the out of Africa dispersion, it is argued natural selection for sufficient ultraviolet penetration to enable vitamin Dproduction gave rise to the evolution of skin pigmentation by the mechanism of evolution by natural selection. Deleterious health effects of insufficient vitamin D are also pointed to as confirmation that skin lightening was in response to strong selection pressure for maximizing vitamin D.[sup][33][/sup][sup][34][/sup][sup][35][/sup] A variation of the vitamin D argument is that humans lived in Europe for several thousand years without their skin lightening and that it only became white after they adopted agriculture.[sup][33][/sup][sup][36][/sup] It is suggested that in Europe the latitude permitted enough synthesis of vitamin D combined with hunting for health, only when agriculture was adopted was there a need for lighter skin to maximize the synthesis of vitamin D, therefore it is suggested the elimination of game meat, fish, and some plants from the diet resulted in skin turning white several thousand years after modern human settlement in Europe.[sup][37][/sup][sup][38][/sup]
Skin color is a quantitative trait that varies continuously on a gradient from dark to light, as it is a polygenic trait, under the influence of several genes. KITLG[sup][39][/sup] andASIP[sup][40][/sup] have been found responsible for skin colour variation between sub-Saharan Africans and non-African populations. SLC45A2,[sup][41][/sup] TYR[sup][42][/sup] and SLC24A5[sup][43][/sup] have been positively shown to account for a substantial fraction of the difference in melanin units between Europeans and Africans, while DCT,[sup][44][/sup] MC1R[sup][45][/sup] and ATRN[sup][41][/sup] have been statistically indicated as possible sources for skin tone differences in East Asian populations.
A 2006 study concluded that light pigmentation in European and Asian populations evolved independently of each other via different genetic mechanisms, meaning that light skin probably arose some time after the initial migration out of Africa after the separation of the M and N mtDNA haplogroups.[sup][46][/sup] The mutation resulting in the light skin version of the SLC24A5 gene has been estimated to have originated in Europe between 6,000 and 12,000 years ago, indicating that at least one of the genes responsible for pale skin colour in Europeans arose relatively recently.[sup][47][/sup]
Mutations in the MC1R gene have been shown to cause variations in human hair colour and skin tones such as red hair and pale skin that doesn't tan. Studies have shown no evidence of positive selection for these alleles in modern day humans, and they do not appear to be associated with the evolution of fair skin in current European populations.[sup][41][/sup][sup][48][/sup]

Not supported in the Bible.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
There's alot of diversity in Texas. Seems to me that cultural diversity is celebrated in Texas. California is a whole nother deal on it's own, atleast in LA. Alot of the younger crowd doesn't seem to have a race at all. Almost everywhere you look you see a bunch of different races hanging out together, dating and getting married. I don't live there just visit. From what I've seen it's fantastic.

Well, I was not really talking so much about diversity as I was talking about people intermarrying. There is far more intermarrying in many other Countries, especially in the Caribbean and Countries like those.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who cares. We are all a bunch of turkeys anyways since the ark came to rest on Mount Ararat (in present day Turkey), of whom and from where the whole human race descended.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Who said it was?

The origin of race is not a topic in ther Bible. This has nothing to do with validity.

The word Adam in the Greek is אָדָם - ʾādām = Ruddy (also called florid) is a reddish-rosy crimson colour, closer to red than to rose.
A brownish shade of ruddy called ruddy brown is often referred to simply as ruddy when referring to animals. A pinkish tone of ruddy called ruddy pink is often referred to simply as ruddy when describing the colour of the cheeks of some.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruddy

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word Adam in the Greek is אָדָם - ʾādām = Ruddy (also called florid) is a reddish-rosy crimson colour, closer to red than to rose.
A brownish shade of ruddy called ruddy brown is often referred to simply as ruddy when referring to animals. A pinkish tone of ruddy called ruddy pink is often referred to simply as ruddy when describing the colour of the cheeks of some.

So you really think that the significant meaning behind the name Adam is ruddy, rather than first? I think I will go with genetic research over your speculation about the word ruddy........

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruddy

That may be so. But the HEBREW word for Adam is "man." And the old Testament was not written in Greek.