Evidence of Black Africans in the Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
So you really think that the significant meaning behind the name Adam is ruddy, rather than first? I think I will go with genetic research over your speculation about the word ruddy........

The Bible says David was ruddy, so was is that significant? And in Nazi Germany there were science behind much of the things that took place in natzi Germany under Hitler. Science can be manipulated to serve the interest of whomever interest it might be.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
[/font][/size][/font]

Adam was a man, yes, but his name אָדָם - ʾādām = ruddy.

That was an error I meant Hebrew.

In referring to the first human being, it means "man" because it is used as a noun, and its Lexicon is H120. When using the Hebrew word for "ruddy" (which also means Adam), it is a verb and it's Lexicon is H119. So, the correct meaning for Adam is "man" when referring to the first human being.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
In referring to the first human being, it means "man" because it is used as a noun, and its Lexicon is H120. When using the Hebrew word for "ruddy" (which also means Adam), it is a verb and it's Lexicon is H119. So, the correct meaning for Adam is "man" when referring to the first human being. [/font]

My point is aspen is incorrect when he said all people were black and that the skin of whites is a mutation....Adam was not black.....he was ruddy....that is why God called him Adam.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
My point is aspen is incorrect when he said all people were black and that the skin of whites is a mutation....Adam was not black.....he was ruddy....that is why God called him Adam.

God called the first human being "Adam" simply because he was a man (Lexicon H120). God does not care about the skin color of a person. There is only one race - the human race. All others such as black, white, brown, red, and yellow were all created by man. Even the Bible says that Jesus came down as a man. It never said that He came down as a Middle Eastern or a brown or black person.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
God called the first human being "Adam" simply because he was a man (Lexicon H120). God does not care about the skin color of a person. There is only one race - the human race. All others such as black, white, brown, red, and yellow were all created by man. Even the Bible says that Jesus came down as a man. It never said that He came down as a Middle Eastern or a brown or black person.

The word man is an English word. Was the Bible written in English?

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
The word man is an English word. Was the Bible written in English?

Below is the Hebrew word of Adam (Lexicon H120) taken from Strong's biblical Lexicon, and I provided the weblink below. And by the way, the word "ruddy" is also an English word.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H120&t=KJV

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

םLexicon Results
Strong's H120 - 'adam

אָדָם

Transliteration

'adam

Pronunciation

ä·däm' (Key)

Part of Speech

masculine noun

Root Word (Etymology)

TWOT Reference

25a

Outline of Biblical Usage

1) man, mankind
a) man, human being
B) man, mankind (much more frequently intended sense in OT)
c) Adam, first man
d) city in Jordan valley

Now, let's take a look at "Adam" under Lexicon H119, and I provided the weblink for that as well. If you follow the weblinks, it shows you that when referring to the first man it was Lexicon H120 that was used.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H119&t=KJV

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strong's H119 - 'adam

אָדַם

Transliteration

'adam

Pronunciation

ä·dam' (Key)

Part of Speech

verb

Root Word (Etymology)

Of unknown derivation​

TWOT Reference

26b

1) to be red, red
a) (Qal) ruddy (of Nazarites)
B) (Pual)
1) to be rubbed red
2) dyed red
3) reddened
c) (Hiphil)
1) to cause to show red
2) to glare
3) to emit (show) redness
d) (Hithpael)
1) to redden
2) to grow red
3) to look red

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Below is the Hebrew word of Adam (Lexicon H120) taken from Strong's biblical Lexicon, and I provided the weblink below.

And by the way, the word "ruddy" is also an English word.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H120&t=KJV

The point is, the word Ruddy, Red, is what the word ʾādām means. I could also say the word man means Ruddy or Red since that is what he was called by God.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ם
Lexicon Results
Strong's H120 - 'adam

אָדָם
Now, let's take a look at "Adam" under Lexicon H119, and I provided the weblink for that as well. If you follow the weblinks, it shows you that when referring to the first man it was Lexicon H120 that was used.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H119&t=KJV

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strong's H119 - 'adam

אָדַם

Transliteration

'adam

Pronunciation

ä·dam' (Key)

Part of Speech

verb

Root Word (Etymology)

Of unknown derivation​

TWOT Reference

26b

1) to be red, red
a)
(Qal) ruddy (of Nazarites)
B) (Pual)
1) to be rubbed red
2) dyed red
3)
reddened
c) (Hiphil)
1) to cause to show red
2)
to glare
d)
(Hithpael)
1) to redden
2)
to grow red
3)
to look red

The meaning of words change over time so the word אָדָם‎ - ādām originally meant ruddy as even your post proves. So now, it is applies to all of who came from Adam.

Transliteration: ʾādām

Phonetic Pronunciation:aw-dawm'
Root: from <H119>
Cross Reference: TWOT - 25a
Part of Speech: n m
Vine's Words: Man

Usage Notes:

from <H119> ('adam); ruddy, i.e. a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.) :- × another, + hypocrite, + common sort, × low, man (mean, of low degree), person.

— Strong's Talking Greek & Hebrew Dictionary

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
The point is, the word Ruddy, Red, is what the word ʾādām means. I could also say the word man means Ruddy or Red since that is what he was called by God.

The word "man" does not mean ruddy or red. The Hebrew word for man is "Adam." It is the noun form of Lexicon H120. Ruddy has another Lexicon according to Strong's Biblical Usage and Translation. Ruddy is in the verb tense. Man is a NOUN form. God did not call the first man Adam because of his ruddy or red complexion. God gave him that name because he is a man. God does not look at the skin color of a person.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word "man" does not mean ruddy or red. The Hebrew word for man is "Adam." It is the noun form of Lexicon H120. Ruddy has another Lexicon according to Strong's Biblical Usage and Translation. Ruddy is in the verb tense. Man is a NOUN form. God did not call the first man Adam because of his ruddy or red complexion. God gave him that name because he is a man. God does not look at the skin color of a person.

Wasnt esau ruddy? If so, it seems to speak of his temperment rather than his skin color.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A

That was not the main part of my point/post. Why did you leave the rest of it out? The Hebrew word Adam means Ruddy or Red, which you keep ignoring. It was even in your own post.

1) to be red, red
a)
B) (Pual)
1) to be rubbed red
2) dyed red
3)
reddened
c) (Hiphil)
1) to cause to show red
2)
to glare
d)
(Hithpael)
1) to redden
2)
to grow red
3)
to look red

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
That was not the main part of my point/post. Why did you leave the rest of it out? The Hebrew word Adam means Ruddy or Red, which you keep ignoring. It was even in your own post.

1) to be red, red
a)
B) (Pual)
1) to be rubbed red
2) dyed red
3)
reddened
c) (Hiphil)
1) to cause to show red
2)
to glare
d)
(Hithpael)
1) to redden
2)
to grow red
3)
to look red

I showed you that Adam means "man" as a NOUN, and "ruddy" as a VERB. When God created the first man, God used the meaning of "man" (Lexicon H120). You, on the other hand, focused only on Lexicon H119 and disregarded Lexicon H120, which is a NOUN referring to the first man Adam. Now, why is that? Why should the skin color of Adam be important to you. It wasn't important to God. When God made the first man, he named him Adam.....which means "man." Adam is a person....a NOUN. A human being is not a verb.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
I showed you that Adam means "man" as a NOUN, and "ruddy" as a VERB. When God created the first man, God used the meaning of "man" (Lexicon H120). You, on the other hand, focused only on Lexicon H119 and disregarded Lexicon H120, which is a NOUN referring to the first man Adam. Now, why is that? Why should the skin color of Adam be important to you. It wasn't important to God. When God made the first man, he named him Adam.....which means "man." Adam is a person....a NOUN. A human being is not a verb.

The below is part of what you post. So the Hebrew word אָדָם - ʾādām tells me that his skin color was ruddy= red.

1) to be red, red
a)
B) (Pual)
1) to be rubbed red
2) dyed red
3)
reddened
c) (Hiphil)
1) to cause to show red
2)
to glare