Evidence that only the sins prior to conversion are forgiven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
Tex said:
@Evangelist-7
I'm wondering what consequences you conclude from "habitual sins are absolutely not forgiven".
Yes, if habitual sins are not forgiven through sincere repentance, and the forgiven are the saved,
then those who will be saved will be those who do not have unrepented-of habitual sins.
Huh?

But, if you desire that I speak baby talk, I will gladly oblige.

lforrest said:
Here is part of the summary from the video: "Renowned Pastor in Uganda with a "successful ministry" in saving many souls, many healed and many delivered was SHOCKED when JESUS told him "if I came today to take my Bride...I WOULD NOT TAKE YOU." At that moment, he said "ALL HIS THEOLOGIES COULD NOT ACCEPT THAT", but JESUS is still saying: "I WOULD NOT TAKE YOU."" He lost sight of the prize. He and others from his ministry still had sinful ways that they needed to repent of.
Thank you! ... I am not in the least bit SHOCKED.
There are all kinds of reasons for believers to be shut out of heaven.
Doesn't that shock 99% of American church-goers?

Tex

Jun 29, 2014
evangelist-7 said:
Yes, if habitual sins are not forgiven through sincere repentance, and the forgiven are the saved,
then those who will be saved will be those who do not have unrepented-of habitual sins.
How many times can a Christian commit a particular sin before it becomes a "habitual sin" and they are not forgiven? Seven times? Seventy seven times? Seventy times seven times?

John Zain

Newbie trainee
Sep 16, 2010
San Diego, CA
Tex said:
How many times can a Christian commit a particular sin before it becomes a "habitual sin" and they are not forgiven?
Seven times? Seventy seven times? Seventy times seven times?
If you're asking God, how about ...
[SIZE=16.5pt]Heb 10:26-27 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16.5pt]If we sin willfully after receiving knowledge of the truth, [/SIZE]
[SIZE=16.5pt]we can expect God’s fiery judgment.[/SIZE]

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
evangelist-7 said:
[SIZE=16.5pt]If we sin willfully after receiving knowledge of the truth, [/SIZE]
Context, context, context. This is the first rule of hermeneutics. This passage isn't about struggling with pet sins as we all do. It's about "setting aside" or walking away from Christ, the final and only sacrifice for sin, after learning the truth. Please pay close attention to the passage in bold type.

Heb 10:26 For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 Anyone who has set aside the law of Moses dies without mercy on the evidence of two or three witnesses.
Heb 10:29 How much worse punishment, do you think, will be deserved by the one who has spurned the Son of God, and has profaned the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has outraged the Spirit of grace?

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
evangelist-7 said:
Hi, John,

Did you read Hebrews 10:26-27 and then ignore the verse right before it that names your sin of churchlessness? Start going to church like the rest of us and submit to imperfect earthly authority as God commands and maybe we'll all start taking you seriously.

Reactions: FHII

Tex

Jun 29, 2014
I think he ignores Matthew 18:21-22.

Forgiveness is always given to the repented person.