Exodus International Issues Apology and Shuts Down

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
http://www.christianitytoday.com/edstetzer/2013/june/morning-roundup-062013.html

The above link takes you to a morning listing that shows both articles on Exodus. They issued an apology, the President issued an apology, and then the announcement came that the organization is closing its doors for good.

The obvious charge will be accomodation - but is that the case or are they rightfully closing a ministry that has ceased to be about reconciling sinners?

John S

Jun 4, 2013
Pennsylvania
Apparently, Exodus International USED to believe that they could "convince" homosexuals that they were actually heterosexual. They have since come to the conclusion that this was nonsense and have given up the idea. They,apparently, have come to the conclusion, like the vast majority of Americans, that people do NOT choose to be homosexuals but are, actually, born that way.
It's actually pretty idiotic to think that people would CHOOSE to be abused, beaten up, and even killed for being a homosexual.
Homosexuals have existed in EVERY society, EVERY culture - free or dictatorial, EVERY time period since mankind has a history of such things, on EVERY continent.

Reactions: aspen

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
John S said:
Apparently, Exodus International USED to believe that they could "convince" homosexuals that they were actually heterosexual. They have since come to the conclusion that this was nonsense and have given up the idea. They,apparently, have come to the conclusion, like the vast majority of Americans, that people do NOT choose to be homosexuals but are, actually, born that way.
It's actually pretty idiotic to think that people would CHOOSE to be abused, beaten up, and even killed for being a homosexual.
Homosexuals have existed in EVERY society, EVERY culture - free or dictatorial, EVERY time period since mankind has a history of such things, on EVERY continent.
According to your line of reasoning,the same can be said for pedophiles ,and people who practice bestiality.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
How strange and wonderful it is to have somebody actually admit that they were wrong. Could you imagine of the people promoting the global warming hoax gave such an apology? It might sound like this:

"I'm sorry that we fabricated a myth whose purpose was to give reason to raise taxes, pass more regulations, and use global efforts as a backdoor way to institute a world government.

"I'm sorry that we put more faith in our computer models than the actual data. I'm sorry that we made millions with sham videos like "An Inconvenient Truth" and used staged "evidence" such as a polar bear on a small patch of ice to alarm you into thinking that drastic and immediate action is needed. I'm sorry for the automobile CAFE standards that have killed 2000 Americans annually by making cars less safe. I'm sorry for all the money you had to pay for inflated prices on products and services made by companies forced to pass on the costs of compliance to regulations based on a scam. I'm sorry for brainwashing your children in public schools by telling them they are "saving the planet" by unplugging your refrigerator so your food went bad. I'm sorry for all the coal miners out of work because we shut down their industry in favor of zealous and misguided ideology.

"But most importantly, I'm sorry about our sheer arrogance to think that we could predict and prevent global catastrophes and for our botched philosophy that man was a threat to his planet.

"So in response, we're going to do the right thing. We'll call on Congress to disband the EPA as a federal regulatory agency. We'll rescind all the regulations predicated on a non existent threat. We'll sue Al Gore for all his wealth and return the money to those defrauded by his lunacy. Moreover we will publish a school textbook for every public school student to read that details the scam we pulled.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!"

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you want scientists to apologize for the evidence they have found for the Earth warming up? I think it might be better for all of us if the climate warming big-business corporate execs apologized for their disinformation campaign against global warming.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
aspen2 said:
So you want scientists to apologize for the evidence they have found for the Earth warming up? I think it might be better for all of us if the climate warming big-business corporate execs apologized for their disinformation campaign against global warming.
I reckon would should tax livestock industry or reduce cows as well for all their 'back passage gases' they put up into the atmosphere. Wait a minute the nutjobs thought of that as well. :lol: :blink:

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
JB_ said:
I reckon would should tax livestock industry or reduce cows as well for all their 'back passage gases' they put up into the atmosphere. Wait a minute the nutjobs thought of that as well. :lol: :blink:
They also theorized that dinosaurs caused their own extinction because of dino-farts. Truth is funnier than fiction, for sure.