Explaining Christ As Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you are not lying about me, back up your opinion with facts.

The fact that you need justification speaks volumes of the fruit of your life. Your response above is all of the facts that I need to support my opinion.

Reactions: bbyrd009

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simply because how we live our lives is a true reflection of our actual relationship with God. Does not the scriptures tell us that by our fruits we will be known?

Actually I think God said that we would know the false teachers by their fruit:

Matthew 7:15-20 KJV
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Were you thinking of a different place?

Much love!

mark

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simply because how we live our lives is a true reflection of our actual relationship with God. Does not the scriptures tell us that by our fruits we will be known?

Isn't there much more to a Christian life than favoring God's chosen people? Since that what they are being judge on, right?

But even so, why describe a judgment of works determining salvation if that's not what's happening?

Conversely, why would we say that it's not actually a judgment on works being as that is exactly what is described?

Much love!
Mark

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually I think God said that we would know the false teachers by their fruit:

Matthew 7:15-20 KJV
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Were you thinking of a different place?

Much love!

mark

What about these references for fruits and fruit: -

Fruits references: - Matt 3:8, 7:15, 7:16, 7:20, 21:41, 21:43, Luke 3:8,2 Cor 9:10, Phil 1:11, James 3:17

Fruit references: - Matt 3:10, 7:17, 7:17, 7:18, 7:18, 7:19, 12:33, 12:33, 12:33, 12:33, 13:23, 21:19, 21:34, 26:29, Mark 4:20, 11:14, 12:2, 14:25, Luke 1:42, 3:9, 6:43, 6:43, 6:43, 6:44, 8:14, 8:15, 13:6, 13:7, 13:9, 20:10, 22:18, John 4:36, 15:2, 15:2, 15:2, 15:4, 15:5, 15:8, 15:16, 15:16, Acts 2:30, Rom 1:13, 6:21, 6:22, 7:4, 7:5, 15:28, 1 Cor 9:7, Gal 5:22, Eph 5:9, Phil 1:22, 4:17, Col 1:6, Heb 12:11, 13:15, James 3:18, 5:7, 5:18, Jude 12

Matt 7:21-23: - 21 "Not everyone who says to Me,'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' 23 And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'

Perhaps the parable in Matt 25 about the separation of the sheep from the goats best describes how those who call Jesus Lord, Lord are to be separated at the time of the GWTJ.

Also in Ezekiel we are told of two judgements. First the people who call Jesus Lord will be separated from the people who do not call Jesus Lord and these people will be immediately dispatched into the lake of Fire. Then of the people who called jesus Lord, they will then be judged to separate the sheep from the Goats. This judgement will be based on what is recorded in the books of their deeds/works.

But if this is not acceptable for you, then you are welcome to form another understanding.

Shalom

D

Dave L

The fact that you need justification speaks volumes of the fruit of your life. Your response above is all of the facts that I need to support my opinion.
“But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man’s judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self. For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.” (1 Corinthians 4:3–5)

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It may be true of relationship I agree, but to judge if another has been born again by their actions, people have become a modern day Pharisee. Stepping out of Christianity into your own religion. There is a high percentage of the religious church world that does this, and are more than happy to help the father along, sad situation because it has driven mutitudes from the Church building

Reactions: Dave L

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man’s judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self. For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.” (1 Corinthians 4:3–5)

Tellem Dave, where these come from all the threads we have done for over a year and this is the first time to hear this um um stuff :) amazing they drop in like outa no where lol and have nothing to say

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They treat a thread like their on a cnn news comment slinging non sense, unbelievable

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

A great verse Dave. So calling someone a liar, as I have read you write often of other posters, is then not a judgement that you have made of them?

What you objected to was not a criticism of you personally, it was a general statement of observation, but you took it as if it was and asked me to justify my statement to show that it was all about just you.

So sad.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They treat a thread like they are {correction made} on a cnn news comment slinging non sense, unbelievable

Be careful that your observation does not also trap you within its web.

D

Dave L

A great verse Dave. So calling someone a liar, as I have read you write often of other posters, is then not a judgement that you have made of them?

What you objected to was not a criticism of you personally, it was a general statement of observation, but you took it as if it was and asked me to justify my statement to show that it was all about just you.

So sad.
If you are not lying about me, verify it with facts.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Tellem Dave, where these come from all the threads we have done for over a year and this is the first time to hear this um um stuff :) amazing they drop in like outa no where lol and have nothing to say

Soul man, as you have observed, I am not the only one who Dave rubs up the wrong way with his style of posting. Perhaps a small correction in Dave's style of posting would correct this apparent issue for you.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

So sad.

If you are not lying about me, verify it with facts.

Dave you are confirming what I had just written/posted above.

And thanks, you are helping me to increase my number of posts without a great effort, just like you do.

D

Dave L

Dave you are confirming what I had just written/posted above.

And thanks, you are helping me to increase my number of posts without a great effort, just like you do.
That's OK, glad to help. But God knows when and if you are lying.

D

Dave L

Soul man, as you have observed, I am not the only one who Dave rubs up the wrong way with his style of posting. Perhaps a small correction in Dave's style of posting would correct this apparent issue for you.
Posting Dave style is a learned skill.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Being in the flesh is not something we do and don't do. We're not in the flesh if we are indwelt by the Holy Spirit, also called the Spirit of Christ. Being "in Christ" is determined by "the Spirit of God dwell in you".

And having the Spirit dwelling in us, so that we are in fact "in Christ", this then means there is no condemnation for us. That's over.

This does not go far enough to being crucified in the flesh. That's the problem with modern Christianity. It's all the free stuff...but no loving response and devotion to God by surrendering one's life in return. It's like...a free sample...good...I'll take that. And then it's see you later. So then minds are not renewed and people become like spoiled children who just judge others and give God a bad name in the process. This happens so much that many people think all Christians are hypocrites.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If this is a judgment for those who are without Christ, how is it that Christ will say to them:

Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
Matthew 25:34

Inheriting the kingdom, isn't that for the redeemed, the saved? Here they "inherit the kingdom" because their works were approved. How can that be?

Much love!
Mark

It takes a human understanding to minimize what God sees in advance. God can do anything. How do you know that God will reject most Christians and save those who suffer and are poor but never sat in a pew? Are we become fully Pharisees so that we judge from ourselves?

Do you see what I mean?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Care to show where "your life" in Christ is.

In Zion. When we are transported (translated or raptured) there we exhibit the fruits of being there...love joy and peace unspeakable and beyond anything in this life.

Reactions: soul man