Explanation of the warning in Heb.6:1-8

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 10 says we are sanctified by the offering of Jesus Christ once for all.

Jesus does not reappear every generation to die for them. He mafe one sacrifice for all generations. If after you get that and are enlightened and benefit from it, then turn away its like killing Jesus again. He isn't going to die again because he doesn't habe to. You only have to conquer death once.

If Jesus died once for every generation, he certainly isn't going to die twice for you. In your heart and mind, you may crucify him twice... But he isn't going to resurrect a second time for you. And even though you crucify him again in your mind, he ain't dead. You are dead to him.

That is not true. The sacrifice of Christ, the One Offering, is One in that the believer is eternally secure in Christ. We don't keep trying to bring another sacrifice as they did under the Law. Our One Offering is sufficient.

Stranger

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You stated in post #24 that (Heb. 6:1-6) pertains to eternal life. I have already shown how it does not. My question to you was what makes it pertain to eternal life? You haven't answered.

If you haven't proclaimed anything, what is post #24 and 30? If you haven't proclaimed anything, then why do I need to defend anything.

Stranger

Post #30 answered the question. I absolutely agree there is a "rest" here on earth. But it clearly isn't the main reason for Jesus's death. The scriptures I gave say it is about obtaining everlasting life.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not true. The sacrifice of Christ, the One Offering, is One in that the believer is eternally secure in Christ.
EXACTLY. Its about eternal security, not his rest here on earth though it does bring that.
Our One Offering is sufficient.
No. It was HIS sacrifice that was sufficient.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
EXACTLY. Its about eternal security, not his rest here on earth though it does bring that.

No. It was HIS sacrifice that was sufficient.

(Heb. 10) is not (Heb. 6).

Yes it was His sacrifice, but it was one offering.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post #30 answered the question. I absolutely agree there is a "rest" here on earth. But it clearly isn't the main reason for Jesus's death. The scriptures I gave say it is about obtaining everlasting life.

Every aspect of salvation was the reason for Jesus death.

The Scriptures you gave speak of eternal life. But they don't answer my questions to you. Those questions are: How do you determine that (Heb. 6:1-6) speaks to eternal life? And how is crucifying Christ again losing ones salvation?

Stranger

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly. Nineveh doesn't show repentance was denied...it shows it was granted. Thus in 40 days, God did not destroy Nineveh. Thus God permitted them the repentance they manifested.

Remember, it is God who says He may permit repentance or not. Not me. (Heb. 6:3-6)

Stranger

the point was made showing your wrong incorrect about repentance stranger.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every aspect of salvation was the reason for Jesus death.

The Scriptures you gave speak of eternal life. But they don't answer my questions to you. Those questions are: How do you determine that (Heb. 6:1-6) speaks to eternal life? And how is crucifying Christ again losing ones salvation?

Stranger
You can ask the question as many times as you want but the answer will still be the same. It is speaking of eternal life because falling away is crucifying Christ again. Christ's death and resurrection were for eternal life, not life here on earth.

Look at verse 8:

"But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned."

It goes a little beyond failing to enter "God's rest", doesn't it? Look at verse 9:

"But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak."

This verse confirms that it is speaking of salvation. It speaks of things that "accompany salvation".

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the point was made showing your wrong incorrect about repentance stranger.

You said I was wrong. You haven't made any case to prove your point. I have made a case for mine. Nineveh is a good example.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can ask the question as many times as you want but the answer will still be the same. It is speaking of eternal life because falling away is crucifying Christ again. Christ's death and resurrection were for eternal life, not life here on earth.

Look at verse 8:

"But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned."

It goes a little beyond failing to enter "God's rest", doesn't it? Look at verse 9:

"But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak."

This verse confirms that it is speaking of salvation. It speaks of things that "accompany salvation".

If the answer is the same then you have nothing to offer.

All you are doing is saying to fall away and crucify Christ is speaking of eternal life. Ok. Why? You say because Christ's death and resurrection were for eternal life, not life here. That is a foolish statement. You neglect the walk of sanctification the believer has in this life, which is due to the empowering of the Holy Ghost. See (Rom. 8:13) Such a walk in the Spirit is not possible without Christ's sacrifice. You neglect the maturing aspect of the believer which involves time and experience with God. See (Gal. 3:24-4:6) This is only possible through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

No, (Heb. 6:8) does not go beyond entering the Rest of God. Why should it? Just because the term 'fire' is there. Every time you see the word fire does not mean hell or the lake of fire. Every time you see the word baptism doesn't mean water baptism. Paul is turning to an analogy of the earth to describe what he is saying. The earth brings forth both good herbs and thorns and briers. That earth which brings forth good herbs is blessed. That which brings forth thorns and briers is not cursed...it is nigh unto being cursed. As a result the briars and thorns will be burnt off. The briars and thorns are not burned off to destroy the earth.

Therefore the believer who continues on in his walk of salvation will enter the Rest of God here and produce the correct fruit of the Spirit. The believer who stalls due to lack of faith or worldliness will produce thorns and briers and will not enter the Rest of God. God is then busy with them in destroying those thorns and briers which they have produced. They may die in the wilderness, but they are not cursed. They are still God's people.

Concerning (Heb. 6:9), the question never was did it concern salvation. The question was did it concern only the eternal aspect of salvation? Which is what you said it did. Which it does not. Which (6:9) proves. Things that accompany salvation cannot be produced without Christs sacrifice.

So, why does crucifying Christ again mean one loses his eternal life?

Stranger