Eyes Of Understanding

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, - Ephesians 1:17-18

You know what you do as a Christian you don't have to do to be saved, you do what you do as a Christian because you are a Christian. Christians just are, they are who they are because of who they are not because of what they do. You see how easy it is to mix it up and get it confused with salvation. Salvation is a birthing "Christ in you the hope of glory," working out that salvation is based on your love for Christ. Aww!! My love, yes your love for the Christ in you. You know why we preach Christ? so the believer will know him who is in them and ultimately fall head over heals in love. A love affair begins, if you need to have a love affair why not with Jesus.

If you could iron out every line of scripture in the Bible, every word in the bible, the ultimate end of what God is doing is founded in love. You have not known love until the love between the creation and the creator is completely fulfilled. That happens by your knowledge and understanding, experience, all play a factor in love. Everything is a build up to love. You know why we get healed and blessed? Yes you guessed it, it's called father love. You know why you get a miracle at times and other times you don't? You guessed it, father love. The father would like the same kind of love he gives, an unconditional, unending, kind and giving whole heatedly love. It is a reciprocating love that works both ways.

With the believer loving the father back with the same kind of love. It is a love you grow into because you are not born with it, you are not even born again with that kind of love, but that kind of love is in you by Christ and you come into knowledge of it. Time and knowledge, understanding, revelation are on the side of believers willing to grow up in him and be taught by the Spirit. The gospel is a special message to the born again, it is not a man-made product. Just because man gets ahold of something and it gets twisted around does not mean you set idol and hope something good just happens to come along. No sir you go get it, it is written and there is no excuse for believers. If you think you can stand before your father and tell him man led you astray then you are foolish, it is written, believers must dig in. Bless you.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, - Ephesians 1:17-18

I love how the word 'Eye' or 'Eyes' in the Bible are deeply connected to the Holy Ghost and Wisdom.

Example...

Ezekiel 1:18
"As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings were full of eyes round about them four"

Not only was the Spirit in the wheels, but there was Wisdom and Understanding in them as well.

Another example...

Matthew 6:22
"The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light"

Or how about...

Revelation 2:18
"And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass"

Is 'Flame of Fire' connected to the Holy Ghost? Yes!

Matthew 3:11
"I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire"

Acts 2:3
"And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them"

:cool:

Reactions: soul man and Not me

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
May we have a heart that is ever open to the anointing of the Holy Spirit.

Hey there, and Amen.

I notice that you are from my homeland :)
Lived there for the first 34 years of my life....been here 44yrs..in a month..so shows you how old I am haha!!

welcome-sign-smiley-emoticon.gif

Reactions: soul man and Not me

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @Cooper ,
Welcome to the forum!
Thank you, Nancy, I have only just found this forum and think I shall enjoy being here. Just a thought, the opening post reminded me of a hymn I sang from childhood, I expect you know it well:

Open my eyes, that I may see
Glimpses of truth Thou hast for me;
Place in my hands the wonderful key
That shall unclasp and set me free.

Chorus:
Silently now I wait for Thee,
Ready, my God, Thy will to see;
Open my eyes, illumine me,
Spirit divine!

God bless.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you, Nancy, I have only just found this forum and think I shall enjoy being here. Just a thought, the opening post reminded me of a hymn I sang from childhood, I expect you know it well:

Open my eyes, that I may see
Glimpses of truth Thou hast for me;
Place in my hands the wonderful key
That shall unclasp and set me free.

Chorus:
Silently now I wait for Thee,
Ready, my God, Thy will to see;
Open my eyes, illumine me,
Spirit divine!

God bless.

Wow..that takes me back for sure. Lovely. ( Oh to be young again lol )

If you stick with the polite ( mature) and friendly people on this Forum you will continue to enjoy it. If you trip over some of the Uglies...learn to side step them , and you will remain in peace. :)

Bless you...H

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there, and Amen.

I notice that you are from my homeland :)
Lived there for the first 34 years of my life....been here 44yrs..in a month..so shows you how old I am haha!!

View attachment 8545
Working that out, I am about two years younger than you, blessings.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's nice to have you guys posting and visiting with each other. I get tired of listening to my self all the time :) I imagine you do too!! It's what it is all about, so carry on lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's nice to have you guys posting and visiting with each other. I get tired of listening to my self all the time I imagine you do too!! It's what it is all about, so carry on lol

Yes it is. It is a blessing to see and taste Christ in other believers.

Be blessed as we grow in Him, Not me

Reactions: Helen and soul man

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

You know what you do as a Christian you don't have to do to be saved, you do what you do as a Christian because you are a Christian. Christians just are, they are who they are because of who they are not because of what they do. You see how easy it is to mix it up and get it confused with salvation. Salvation is a birthing "Christ in you the hope of glory," working out that salvation is based on your love for Christ. Aww!! My love, yes your love for the Christ in you. You know why we preach Christ? so the believer will know him who is in them and ultimately fall head over heals in love. A love affair begins, if you need to have a love affair why not with Jesus.

If you could iron out every line of scripture in the Bible, every word in the bible, the ultimate end of what God is doing is founded in love. You have not known love until the love between the creation and the creator is completely fulfilled. That happens by your knowledge and understanding, experience, all play a factor in love. Everything is a build up to love. You know why we get healed and blessed? Yes you guessed it, it's called father love. You know why you get a miracle at times and other times you don't? You guessed it, father love. The father would like the same kind of love he gives, an unconditional, unending, kind and giving whole heatedly love. It is a reciprocating love that works both ways.

With the believer loving the father back with the same kind of love. It is a love you grow into because you are not born with it, you are not even born again with that kind of love, but that kind of love is in you by Christ and you come into knowledge of it. Time and knowledge, understanding, revelation are on the side of believers willing to grow up in him and be taught by the Spirit. The gospel is a special message to the born again, it is not a man-made product. Just because man gets ahold of something and it gets twisted around does not mean you set idol and hope something good just happens to come along. No sir you go get it, it is written and there is no excuse for believers. If you think you can stand before your father and tell him man led you astray then you are foolish, it is written, believers must dig in. Bless you.
When people one day wake up to what Christ has to offer because of what He did and our Fathers love for us, they would leave church in there droves.

Reactions: soul man and Nancy