Ezekiel Chapters 47-48 Is The Eternal Kingdom, Dont Be Deceived

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus Christ States (The Last Day) That Means No More Are To Follow, Its (The End)

John 12:48KJV
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
Try looking it up in the Greek, it can mean age not just day as it’s the end of the age

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try looking it up in the Greek, it can mean age not just day as it’s the end of the age
When Jesus Christ States (The Last Day) That Means No More Are To Follow, Its (The End)

48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

The Judgement Above, Is The Last Day Judgement Seen Below (The End)

Revelation 11:11-15KJV
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Last edited:

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Jesus Christ returns in fire and final judgement, dissolving the heavens and earth by fire (The End)... There wont be a Millennial Kingdom on this earth as many claim, it will have been dissolved..."
Well, sort of, if I understand your thinking correctly. To clarify, the fire is not literal fire. God is a consuming fire, right? Fire, all through the Bible, is symbolic of God's protection and judgment that purifies. When Jesus returns, the millennium, the current age, will be ended and the final Judgment will ensue. So again, the Kingdom, which came at Jesus's birth and will have been growing since the coming of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, will finally be consummated. In Revelation 21, God does not say, "Behold, I am making all new things" (as if He's literally destroying all things that existed before), but rather, "Behold, I am making all things new" -- restoring and renewing existing things, all that He created in Genesis 1 and pronounced "good," and even "very good." So, yes, I agree with what is said here about the millennial reign. Christ's reign will continue, of course, in person and no longer from heaven, through eternity. But the millennium will not continue, as God's Israel will finally be complete and all sin and death, the final enemy, crushed.

"it can mean age not just day as it’s the end of the age"
"When Jesus Christ States (The Last Day) That Means No More Are To Follow..."
Both of these statements are true. Yes, when Jesus returns, the present age -- the millennium of Revelation 20 -- will be ended... its days will be no more.

"Christ's 'thousand years' reign of Revelation 20 has not yet started. It only begins on the day of His return, which is about His 2nd coming on the 'day of the Lord.'"

Well that would beg the question, then, why Jesus told His listeners during His public ministry here on earth 2000-plus years ago (several times over, actually) that the Kingdom was at hand (here) then. Was He lying? Well, of course not. Was He mistaken? Again, of course not. And when asked shortly before His crucifixion by Pontius Pilate if He was a king, Christ Jesus answered in the affirmative (and that His kingdom was not of the world -- He was not an earthly king).

Having said that, I think we all agree that Jesus being King and the millennium itself are concurrent. The only question is whether this reality is future only, and in light of the above, the answer is no. The millennium began with the coming of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost. Jesus was King in His day (as He Himself said), and is now King, seated at the right hand of the Father and reigning from heaven -- this is His millennial reign. And it will continue until Christ's triumphant return -- the day of the Lord -- at the close of this age. This is Revelation 20:4-6... the millennium is a metaphorical picture of the present reign of Christ, analogous to Revelation 6:9-10. Christ's return and final victory over Satan -- the Day of the Lord, very much analogous to Zechariah 14 -- is described metaphorically in Revelation 20:7-10. The final Judgment (depicted graphically by Jesus Himself in Matthew 25:31-46) is described, again, metaphorically, in Revelation 20:11-15. Then all things will be made new, as described in Revelation 21:1-8, as per above; this is the new heaven and new earth, which are then finally one.

"Chapter 20 is about after the Second Coming. It cannot be moved around on a whim..."
Again, only Revelation 20:7-10 specifically depict Christ Jesus's second coming and final victory over Satan. Revelation 20:4-6 -- the millennium -- is prior to that. Nobody is "moving (anything) around," whimsically or otherwise.

"(The millennium) has been 1991 years since the Cross. Not sure how you can make that a solid Millennium."
The millennium is an age -- the present age -- not a literal 1000 years.

Grace and peace to all.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Jesus Christ returns in fire and final judgement, dissolving the heavens and earth by fire (The End)... There wont be a Millennial Kingdom on this earth as many claim, it will have been dissolved..."
Well, sort of, if I understand your thinking correctly. To clarify, the fire is not literal fire. God is a consuming fire, right? Fire, all through the Bible, is symbolic of God's protection and judgment that purifies. When Jesus returns, the millennium, the current age, will be ended and the final Judgment will ensue. So again, the Kingdom, which came at Jesus's birth and will have been growing since the coming of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, will finally be consummated. In Revelation 21, God does not say, "Behold, I am making all new things" (as if He's literally destroying all things that existed before), but rather, "Behold, I am making all things new" -- restoring and renewing existing things, all that He created in Genesis 1 and pronounced "good," and even "very good." So, yes, I agree with what is said here about the millennial reign. Christ's reign will continue, of course, in person and no longer from heaven, through eternity. But the millennium will not continue, as God's Israel will finally be complete and all sin and death, the final enemy, crushed.

"it can mean age not just day as it’s the end of the age"
"When Jesus Christ States (The Last Day) That Means No More Are To Follow..."
Both of these statements are true. Yes, when Jesus returns, the present age -- the millennium of Revelation 20 -- will be ended... its days will be no more.

"Christ's 'thousand years' reign of Revelation 20 has not yet started. It only begins on the day of His return, which is about His 2nd coming on the 'day of the Lord.'"

Well that would beg the question, then, why Jesus told His listeners during His public ministry here on earth 2000-plus years ago (several times over, actually) that the Kingdom was at hand (here) then. Was He lying? Well, of course not. Was He mistaken? Again, of course not. And when asked shortly before His crucifixion by Pontius Pilate if He was a king, Christ Jesus answered in the affirmative (and that His kingdom was not of the world -- He was not an earthly king).

Having said that, I think we all agree that Jesus being King and the millennium itself are concurrent. The only question is whether this reality is future only, and in light of the above, the answer is no. The millennium began with the coming of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost. Jesus was King in His day (as He Himself said), and is now King, seated at the right hand of the Father and reigning from heaven -- this is His millennial reign. And it will continue until Christ's triumphant return -- the day of the Lord -- at the close of this age. This is Revelation 20:4-6... the millennium is a metaphorical picture of the present reign of Christ, analogous to Revelation 6:9-10. Christ's return and final victory over Satan -- the Day of the Lord, very much analogous to Zechariah 14 -- is described metaphorically in Revelation 20:7-10. The final Judgment (depicted graphically by Jesus Himself in Matthew 25:31-46) is described, again, metaphorically, in Revelation 20:11-15. Then all things will be made new, as described in Revelation 21:1-8, as per above; this is the new heaven and new earth, which are then finally one.

Grace and peace to all.
We will partially disagree Pin

However I agree the symbolic 1,000 years is taking place presently, and will cease at the second coming and consummation

Jesus Christ returns in literal fire and final judgement, dissolving this heaven and earth by fire, no symbolic allegory as many claim

The earth wont be "Restored" or "Renewed" as claimed, but will be "Dissolved" by the Lords fire in judgement 2 Peter 3:10-13, and a completely "New Creation" will be revealed in the New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem Revelation 21:1-5

A literal Millennial Kingdom on this earth is found no place in scripture

Revelation 20:1-6 is 100% in the spiritual realm (The Souls) (The Dead), no literal Kingdom on this earth is seen, one day is a thousand years, no literal time in the Lords spiritual realm seen

Zechariah 14 represent the eternal kingdom after the day of the Lord has taken place, Zechariah 14:8 shows the river of life present, "Eternal" Revelation 21:1, not on this physical earth, but in the New Heaven and Earth

Matthew 25:31-46 & Revelation 20:11-15 represent the literal final judgement, (The End)

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

In John 12:48, Jesus was referring to the Judgment described in Revelation 20:11-15
God will base His Judgment on whether people have accepted Jesus or not.

The Last Day is the final day of Gods 7000 year Plan for mankind.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In John 12:48, Jesus was referring to the Judgment described in Revelation 20:11-15
God will base His Judgment on whether people have accepted Jesus or not.

The Last Day is the final day of Gods 7000 year Plan for mankind.
Jesus Christ Defined The (Last Day) And It Takes Place At The Second Coming In Final Judgement And Resurrection Of All

(THE LAST DAY RESURRECTION)

John 5:28-29KJV
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth
; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 6:39-40KJV
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

1 Corinthians 15:21-24KJV
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

(THE LAST DAY JUDGEMENT)

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ returns in literal fire and final judgement...
This is a contradiction of what the two men said to the apostles immediately after Jesus's ascension. They said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven" (Acts 2:11). Jesus did not ascend to heaven in literal fire, so, based on Acts 2:11, He will not return in literal fire, either, but rather in the same way as He was seen going into heaven.

...dissolving this heaven and earth by fire...
Nothing of God's creation is dissolved. Again, God says in Revelation 21 not that He is "making all new things," but that He is making all things new.

...no symbolic allegory as many claim.
Many portray it as symbolic allegory, that is either a misperception or just... well, demagoguery. Very real things are described, but most all of Revelation is metaphorical.

The earth won't be "Restored" or "Renewed" as claimed, but will be "Dissolved" by the Lords fire in judgement 2 Peter 3:10-13..., and a completely "New Creation" will be revealed in the New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem Revelation 21:1-5
Peter says the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, but concerning the earth and the works that are done on it, they will be exposed -- seen for what they were/are. The earth is not dissolved or burned up in any sense, but will finally be rid of all sin and death and fully renewed, restored to its original state before the Fall of Adam and Eve. Again, God says in Revelation 21:5 not that He is "making all new things," but that He is making all things new. And Peter is saying the same thing in 2 Peter 3:13, that "...according to his promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells."

A literal Millennial Kingdom on this earth is found no place in scripture
Much agreed.

Grace and peace to you.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a contradiction of what the two men said to the apostles immediately after Jesus's ascension. They said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven" (Acts 2:11). Jesus did not ascend to heaven in literal fire, so, based on Acts 2:11, He will not return in literal fire, either, but rather in the same way as He was seen going into heaven.

Nothing of God's creation is dissolved. Again, God says in Revelation 21 not that He is "making all new things," but that He is making all things new.

Many portray it as symbolic allegory, that is either a misperception or just... well, demagoguery. Very real things are described, but most all of Revelation is metaphorical.

Peter says the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, but concerning the earth and the works that are done on it, they will be exposed -- seen for what they were/are. The earth is not dissolved or burned up in any sense, but will finally be rid of all sin and death and fully renewed, restored to its original state before the Fall of Adam and Eve. Again, God says in Revelation 21:5 not that He is "making all new things," but that He is making all things new. And Peter is saying the same thing in 2 Peter 3:13, that "...according to his promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells."

Much agreed.

Grace and peace to you.
We Will Disagree

Jesus went up in a cloud, and will return in a cloud with "Fire", will you ignore the presented scripture below as non-existent?

Jesus Christ Returns In Fire And Final Judgement, Dissolving This Existing Earth By Fire, Immediately After The Tribulation?

This Existing Heaven And Earth Will Be (Replaced) By The New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, A New Creation, At The Return Of Jesus Christ?

(Behold, I Make All Things New)

2 Peter 3:10-13KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 21:1-5KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Matthew 24:29-30KJV
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

1 Corinthians 3:13KJV
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Luke 17:29-30KJV
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-9KJV
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance
on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Malachi 3:2KJV
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

Psalm 46:6KJV
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

Psalm 50:3KJV
3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

Psalm 97:5KJV
5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

Isaiah 66:15KJV
15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Zechariah 14:12KJV
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Nahum 1:5-6KJV
5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
6 Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.

Revelation 20:9KJV
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much agreed.

Grace and peace to you.
We Will Disagree, The Heavens And "Earth" are "Dissolved" by the Lords fire

(All These Things Shall Be Dissolved) The Earth Also And The Works That Are Therein

"Dissolved"

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

It Will Be A Completely New Creation, In The New Heavens, Earth, Jerusalem

(Behold I "Create" New Heavens And A New Earth)

Isaiah 65:17KJV
17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually from the time Jesus returns and sets foot on Mount olive, his reign will be forever from David’s throne in Jerusalem.

The millennium isn’t a temporary thousand year reign of Jesus, the millennium is only that part of the eternal reign of Jesus where Satan is bound for a thousand years before being released and the final Battle happens.

Jesus keeps on ruling after that, forever.

Shalom Aleichem
Jesus dosent begin the "Eternal Reign" until the last enemy death is destroyed

You have Jesus in the Eternal kingdom, with satan waiting a thousand years to be loosed for one last evil rebellion

Satan is death, and will be destroyed at the second coming, not 1,000 years after this

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus dosent begin the "Eternal Reign" until the last enemy death is destroyed

You have Jesus in the Eternal kingdom, with satan waiting a thousand years to be loosed for one last evil rebellion

Satan is death, and will be destroyed at the second coming, not 1,000 years after this
That might be in your Bible, but it’s not in any bibles I have.

Jesus doesn’t have to rule His own people on earth with a rod of iron when his eternal reign on earth starts in Zechariah 14:5, but the heathen nations such as Egypt found in Zechariah 14, who come up to worship Him in Jerusalem.

Why would His own people need ruled with a rod of iron? They obviously don’t need to be ruled in that manner.

You are forced by your eschatology to ignore the fact of heathen nations left on earth when He returns to Jerusalem. I’ve given you those verses before.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus doesn’t have to rule His own people on earth with a rod of iron when his eternal reign on earth starts in Zechariah 14:5, but the heathen nations such as Egypt found in Zechariah 14, who come up to worship Him in Jerusalem.

Why would His own people need ruled with a rod of iron? They obviously don’t need to be ruled in that manner.

You are forced by your eschatology to ignore the fact of heathen nations left on earth when He returns to Jerusalem. I’ve given you those verses before.
You fail to recognize, when Jesus Christ returns its (The End) as you build your complete defense around the word (Heathen), and give disregard to the scripture below

As scripture clearly teaches below in 1 Corinthinas 15:23-24 , when Jesus Christ returns then comes (The End)

Many disregard (Then Cometh The End) as they desire to see a mortal Millennial Kingdom on earth, after the coming of Jesus Christ

afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Then cometh the end, not a Millennial Kingdom on this earth as many falsely claim

(Then Cometh The End)

(Death Is Swallowed Up In Victory)

1 Corinthians 15:21-26 & 51-54KJV
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end,
when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You fail to recognize, when Jesus Christ returns its (The End) as you build your complete defense around the word (Heathen), and give disregard to the scripture below

Jesus Christ Returns In Fire And Final Judgement, Dissolving This Existing Earth By Fire, Immediately After The Tribulation?

This Existing Heaven And Earth Will Be (Replaced) By The New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, A New Creation, At The Return Of Jesus Christ?

(Behold, I Make All Things New)

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Matthew 24:29-30KJV
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

1 Corinthians 3:13KJV
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-9KJV
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance
on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Malachi 3:2KJV
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

Psalm 46:6KJV
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

Psalm 50:3KJV
3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

Psalm 97:5KJV
5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

Isaiah 66:15KJV
15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Zechariah 14:12KJV
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Nahum 1:5-6KJV
5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
6 Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.

Revelation 20:9KJV
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody is "disregarding" or "ignoring" anything, Truth7t7. And the "fail to recognize" stuff... Come on. Yes, we disagree. The fire is symbolic of God's judgment and condemnation of the unrepentant. This is true throughout the Bible and throughout all time; we see this in Psalm 11:

"The LORD tests the righteous, but his soul hates the wicked and the one who loves violence. Let him rain coals on the wicked; fire and sulfur and a scorching wind shall be the portion of their cup." (11:5-6)​

This judgment will be final in this Judgment of Revelation 20 (touched upon by Peter in 2 Peter 3). Christ will return and execute this judgment, and there will be no place to hide from it. I love how Malachi says it:

"But who can endure the day of his coming, and who can stand when he appears? For he is like a refiner’s fire..." (3:2).​

Grace and peace to you.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, we disagree. The fire is symbolic of God's judgment and condemnation of the unrepentant. This is true throughout the Bible and throughout all time; we see this in Psalm 11:

"The LORD tests the righteous, but his soul hates the wicked and the one who loves violence. Let him rain coals on the wicked; fire and sulfur and a scorching wind shall be the portion of their cup." (11:5-6)​

This judgment will be final in this Judgment of Revelation 20 (touched upon by Peter in 2 Peter 3). Christ will return and execute this judgment, and there will be no place to hide from it. I love how Malachi says it:

"But who can endure the day of his coming, and who can stand when he appears? For he is like a refiner’s fire..." (3:2).​

Grace and peace to you.
Yes We Disagree

Gods word clearly teaches the fire will be literal and not symbolic as you claim

Just as Sodom and Gomorrah were "Literally" destroyed by fire and brimstone from God out of heaven, the same will take place at the second coming, as clearly seen below

Genesis 19:23-25KJV

23 The sun was risen upon the earth when Lot entered into Zoar.
24 Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven;
25 And he overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground.

Last edited:

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth, generally speaking, you're missing what the function of the Old Testament was as opposed to the New. This is surely not to say that the Old Testament is any less important, or any less relevant to us, than the New Testament. Nor is it to say that there is no continuity from the Old Testament to the New; certainly, the opposite is true. God is certainly the same God in both testaments; God's Word is surely God's Word. But the purpose of the Old Testament was and is different than the New. Grace and peace to you.

Last edited:

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Revelation 11:v.15and18
15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
18 And the nations will be angry., and GOD's wrath is come,...

Revelation 5:v.10 - And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we will reign on the earth.

Matthew 5:v. 5 - Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Reactions: PinSeeker

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth, generally speaking, you're missing what the function of the Old Testament was as opposed to the New. This is surely not to say that the Old Testament is any less important, or any less relevant to us, than the New Testament. Nor is it to say that there is no continuity from the Old Testament to the New; certainly, the opposite is true. God is certainly the same God in both testaments; God's Word is surely God's Word. But the purpose of the Old Testament was and is different than the New. Grace and peace to you.
Fact is, Luke 17:29-30 references fire and brimstone upon Sodom that literally destroyed the city and people, as your two paragraphs posted dont mention this fact, "Why"?

Gods word clearly teaches the fire will be literal and not symbolic as you claim

Just as Sodom and Gomorrah were "Literally" destroyed by fire and brimstone from God out of heaven, the same will take place at the second coming, as clearly seen below

24 Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven;
25 And he overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fact is, Luke 17:29-30 references fire and brimstone upon Sodom that literally destroyed the city and people...
Right, but Jesus is pointing out the permanence of God's judgment, which is displayed graphically by what happened there.

God's word clearly teaches the fire will be literal and not symbolic as you claim.
I fully understand your assertion. What will happen will surely be literal, and no one is denying that.

...Sodom and Gomorrah were "Literally" destroyed by fire and brimstone from God out of heaven...
No one is denying this. But what was literally true of Sodom and Gomorrah graphically portrays something (several things, actually) really, really important about the totality and permanence of God's final Judgment when this age is over, and that's exactly what Jesus is saying there in Luke 17.

...the same will take place at the second coming...
In a sense, yes, but in another sense, absolutely not.

I'll offer this: We know that God Himself is a consuming fire (Deuteronomy 4:24, 9:3; Hebrews 12:29). So is God literally fire? No, He is Spirit, as John tells us in John 4:24. I'm certain you agree with this.

Grace and peace to you.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, but Jesus is pointing out the permanence of God's judgment, which is displayed graphically by what happened there.

I fully understand your assertion. What will happen will surely be literal, and no one is denying that.

No one is denying this. But what was literally true of Sodom and Gomorrah graphically portrays something (several things, actually) really, really important about the totality and permanence of God's final Judgment when this age is over, and that's exactly what Jesus is saying there in Luke 17.

In a sense, yes, but in another sense, absolutely not.

I'll offer this: We know that God Himself is a consuming fire (Deuteronomy 4:24, 9:3; Hebrews 12:29). So is God literally fire? No, He is Spirit, as John tells us in John 4:24. I'm certain you agree with this.

Grace and peace to you.
Smiles!

You agree Sodom and Gomorrah were literally destroyed by fire and brimstone, but deny that Luke 17:29-30 will be the same literal destruction, and use the phrase (God is a consuming fire) to erase the literal into symbolism in allegory, Bigger Smiles!

We Disagree, No Further Explanation Is Needed, We Have Run Around The Bush Several Times In Our Positions

Just as Sodom and Gomorrah were "Literally" destroyed by fire and brimstone from God out of heaven, the same will take place at the second coming when Jesus is "Revealed", as clearly seen below

Last edited: