F.I.T.B.O.A.L

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Are we just needles following a pre-recorded groove on a record?

Some studies have suggested that our thoughts originate from outside of our bodies. In other words, every though we have and action we take is transmitted to us from an 'outside source', like an avatar in a video game following the commands of the player.

Is this proof of a 'Higher Self' controlling us like something out of a sci-fi movie?

Perhaps we are merely Particles following the Pilot Waves emanating from the Spirit Winds of a Higher Dimension, without the ability to control them as some are able to...

Mark 4:39
"And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm."
The reason that the origin of thought is still undiscovered, is due to overlooking one crucial sensory department of the human brain (Internal emotional input) Thoughts arise from what we feel about our external environment, the missing 6th sense.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it by my effort that I believe in God, or does my belief in him originate from him?
Sorry I missed this, @Entanglement I don't always receive notifications for some reason.

I believe that it's both.

The Holy Spirit convicts of sin, and it's up to the person to heed that conviction. Many refuse to heed the Spirit's conviction and to believe in Jesus Christ. This is what Jesus spoke:

John 16:8-11--"And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me; and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me; and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged."

John 3:16-21--“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil. For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God.”

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
But I don't mistake my imagination to be real (Ever) It is not possible to fantasize to the point that my brain doesn't know the difference between fact and fiction.

Then what are humans interpreting which has you concerned?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If God created Adam and Eve in his/her own image, then every other living creature in the universe is created in the image of who?
well not sure why you would be asking me that, but my guess would be the same image?
IMG_0366.JPG IMG_0421.JPG
But I don't mistake my imagination to be real (Ever) It is not possible to fantasize to the point that my brain doesn't know the difference between fact and fiction.
lol, ok
its sure possible for me i guess
The reason that the origin of thought is still undiscovered, is due to overlooking one crucial sensory department of the human brain (Internal emotional input) Thoughts arise from what we feel about our external environment, the missing 6th sense.
"the man comes from the woman"
The serious flaw of this faith movement is that human beings are doing all the interpreting.
well, we are told to come out of her, my ppl though right
Paul set an example for that even

Last edited:

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Then what are humans interpreting which has you concerned?
The fact they expect everyone to measure up to what beliefs are true to them. Beliefs work the same way for each person, that whatever you believe is true for you is undeniably true for everyone else.

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Sorry I missed this, @Entanglement I don't always receive notifications for some reason.

I believe that it's both.

The Holy Spirit convicts of sin, and it's up to the person to heed that conviction. Many refuse to heed the Spirit's conviction and to believe in Jesus Christ. This is what Jesus spoke:

John 16:8-11--"And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me; and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me; and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged."

John 3:16-21--“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil. For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God.”
That's my understanding also. (That Jesus has to do something before we can do something)

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
The fact they expect everyone to measure up to what beliefs are true to them. Beliefs work the same way for each person, that whatever you believe is true for you is undeniably true for everyone else.

If you have a friend, and that friend has other friends, you and these other people have that friend in common.

Your friend's occupation, personal traits, hobbies, likes, dislikes do not change. But their relationships do vary person to person. It is the same with God.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If you have a friend, and that friend has other friends, you and these other people have that friend in common.

Your friend's occupation, personal traits, hobbies, likes, dislikes do not change. But their relationships do vary person to person. It is the same with God.
and as a corollary, we have a perspective of ourselves--a relationship, if you will--that i guess is not shared by anyone else either; if i were to describe myself w/o using physical specifics, i guess none of my familiars would be able to pick me based upon the description?

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia

God has hobbies? :D

Reactions: lforrest

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
and as a corollary, we have a perspective of ourselves--a relationship, if you will--that i guess is not shared by anyone else either; if i were to describe myself w/o using physical specifics, i guess none of my familiars would be able to pick me based upon the description?
Maybe human beings should be more involved in relationships with each other, rather than their friend in the sky.

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Not by your own effort, but by your own choice. Once you make the choice to follow Jesus, then you should be making additional choices to follow Jesus more closely. That is, to follow His teachings: to seek the help of the Holy Spirit so as to manage hatefulness in our hearts, to manage lustfulness in our minds, to manage fearfulness and the desire to accumulate wealth to protect our future (not trusting God), etc. The choice to follow Jesus is more than just a statement of truth. "Faith without works is dead."
But which Jesus is the correct Jesus to believe in?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Maybe human beings should be more involved in relationships with each other, rather than their friend in the sky.
word
reminds me of an episode of Futurama..."this is the maximum level of being with Me" should get you there
priceless imo
But which Jesus is the correct Jesus to believe in?
No son of man may die for another's sins
i say that one :)

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
word
reminds me of an episode of Futurama..."this is the maximum level of being with Me" should get you there
priceless imo

No son of man may die for another's sins
i say that one :)
Paul who was entrusted with the Gospel of the Christ was sure that what he and the other writers of the Bible knew was partial in all knowledge (That they could only see the full picture through a glass darkly) Not knowing in totality until the very end.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Paul who was entrusted with the Gospel of the Christ was sure that what he and the other writers of the Bible knew was partial in all knowledge (That they could only see the full picture through a glass darkly) Not knowing in totality until the very end.
ha gl selling that to believers tho huh?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Anyone who is infallible in their beliefs please step forward.
Im not infallible, but there are some things I know are indisputable. One of those is Christ crucified. Paul depended not on human wisdom to convince others in this instance. 1 Corinthians 2-5

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Im not infallible, but there are some things I know are indisputable. One of those is Christ crucified. Paul depended not on human wisdom to convince others in this instance. 1 Corinthians 2-5
Jesus wouldn't have been crucified if the people of that age didn't believe silly thing's. So if the people of this age believe that Jesus sacrifice saves them from all the silly thing's they have done, then that's just one more silly belief. Right?