F.I.T.B.O.A.L

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Can I become a Christian by my own effort?
There is an interaction with God, so I can't say it is by your own effort.

But if you feel convicted by the Holy Spirit, the process has already started. The next step is to believe the word about Christ. If you believe and are willing, respond by giving your life to Christ (repent). Be baptised, and pray for the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Sometimes the Holy Spirit is given before, and sometimes after water baptism.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
There is an interaction with God, so I can't say it is by your own effort.

But if you feel convicted by the Holy Spirit, the process has already started. The next step is to believe the word about Christ. If you believe and are willing, respond by giving your life to Christ (repent). Be baptised, and pray for the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Sometimes the Holy Spirit is given before, and sometimes after water baptism.
You can't say there is anything I can do?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
No, I don't. But why do Christians feel I need to do something?
Because Jesus is the only way to God, and in him is eternal life. It is your choice to accept or reject Jesus knocking at the door to your heart. God doesn't want you to remain dead in sin.

John 3:16-18
"16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son."

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Because Jesus is the only way to God, and in him is eternal life. It is your choice to accept or reject Jesus knocking at the door to your heart. God doesn't want you to remain dead in sin.

John 3:16-18
"16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son."
But do I actually choose to believe in Jesus myself without his assistance?

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But do I actually choose to believe in Jesus myself without his assistance?

“And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.” — Joshua 24:15 (KJV)

Romans 10 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ⁹ That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. ¹⁰ For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. ¹¹ For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

“(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)” — 2 Corinthians 6:2 (KJV)

Reactions: 2 Chr. 34:19

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
The serious flaw of this faith movement is that human beings are doing all the interpreting.
There are spiritual experiences and miracles which defy being explained away as simply ones imagination.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Actually- Yes.
1)You can choose to hear, read, listen, following His Teaching....or Not.

2)

3)You can choose to become Converted...(Saved /Born Again) or Not.

It's what happens inbetween 1)...& ...3)
That is Not your doing.

2) Every person who hears/reads the Word of God, is given a Gift of Faith from God.

The Gift is in measures.
Hear/ read occasionally...receive small measures.

Hear/read frequently...receive increased measures.

Proportional.

These measures are called "tasting".
What one IS "tasting" IS the Effects of the Holy Spirit upon the person.

Continuing, obviously measure is increased-
Conversion is a choice many choose because of an abundance of Faith they have received.

Faith is not tangible, and How each individual is effected leads to how a person "feels" and expresses their "feeling"...
Such as...Tugging on their heart; drawn; weighing heavy on their heart; compelled; emotional, joyful...etc. leading to 3)...Conversion.
Choice to Convert is yours. The Conversion itself is Gods Doing.

Glory to God,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The serious flaw of this faith movement is that human beings are doing all the interpreting.
Jesus said go, and do likewise in ref to a "pagan," and also praised the faith of the Centurion, a Mithraist, so yes, salvation is not quite as clear as it is made out to be prolly
a better q might be "is 'Christian' the way we define it now a standard that Yah would accept?"

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your question reminds me of this...

"Predestination, in Christian theology, is the doctrine that all events have been willed by God, usually with reference to the eventual fate of the individual soul."

"Explanations of predestination often seek to address the "paradox of free will", whereby God's omniscience seems incompatible with human free will. "

Predestination - Wikipedia

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are we just needles following a pre-recorded groove on a record?

Some studies have suggested that our thoughts originate from outside of our bodies. In other words, every though we have and action we take is transmitted to us from an 'outside source', like an avatar in a video game following the commands of the player.

Is this proof of a 'Higher Self' controlling us like something out of a sci-fi movie?

Perhaps we are merely Particles following the Pilot Waves emanating from the Spirit Winds of a Higher Dimension, without the ability to control them as some are able to...

Mark 4:39
"And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm."

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
There are spiritual experiences and miracles which defy being explained away as simply ones imagination.
But I don't mistake my imagination to be real (Ever) It is not possible to fantasize to the point that my brain doesn't know the difference between fact and fiction.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
But I don't mistake my imagination to be real (Ever) It is not possible to fantasize to the point that my brain doesn't know the difference between fact and fiction.
well, you might contemplate Yah as more of a force or even a concept, over anthropomorphizing Him? It is the religious who seem to be the most roundly condemned in the Bible, after all

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
well, you might contemplate Yah as more of a force or even a concept, over anthropomorphizing Him? It is the religious who seem to be the most roundly condemned in the Bible, after all
If God created Adam and Eve in his/her own image, then every other living creature in the universe is created in the image of who?