Thanks MarkI am opposed to the death penalty but you are misrepresenting what Sondring7 is saying.
Nobody WANTS to kill anyone.
There are situations when Christians can kill ... not because they want to but when there is no alternative in defending the innocent.
There are many Christians in the military and law enforcement agencies.
Jack refuses to be polite, calm & respectful so ignore it is.
Rom 13:1-4, Acts 25:11
Jesus allows the death penalty also Paul accepted it if he was deserving of it
If I live in a death penalty for murder state & I choose to murder someone what right do I have to cry wolf for being put to death for a crime I knew had the death penalty attached to it ?
Yes, there have been and will be unfair occasions where the death penalty is wrongly given and protections must be in place to avoid that.
BUT occasions like the recent Bondi massacre NEED to have the death penalty applied to the gunmen as allowed by Jesus.