Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone? (Poll included)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, my girls love the ink -:)
@soul man It used to be a man thing years ago but now that it has become also such a woman thing to do what we are seeing really is that it's not because ppl are radicals or typical rebels that they do it, but because they are adults. So well established now is the fact that it's what conservative ppl - of various hues - do.
greenvneck said:
I would be hard-pressed to come up with more than a handful of names of my friends who DON'T have at least one tattoo--and we are all suburban homeschooling moms, ages ranging from early-30s to mid-50s, living in conservative North Texas.
forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

juliannenw said:
I am a nurse in a cardiac ICU. I am also pretty heavily tattooed. I am a well educated, well rounded nurse, and was raised with strong morals and manners. .. I am an extremely traditional person. I've always worn long sleeves .. I love having a professional persona as well as a unique one while I'm not working
source: allnurses dot com

These are the facts now. Not only the tough guys do it. But also the earnest preachers' daughters at college and the homeschooling moms. (I'm sure you and your wife figured this out when or before your daughters started with their ink sessions, right?) And thus generally speaking the scope and opportunity for faith based designs also has grown exponentially. Although the design on my arm - that faded - wasn't. Once Christians really increasingly grasp that it's something that conservative ppl do now, we shall probably see more and more Christians with artistic talent pursuing tattoo artist careers.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well, now you know how I feel about injections, lol!
@Prayer Warrior Well, anyway the overwhelming evidence is that it's not just the tough guys and sailors and bikers that do it now, but also - often in order to receive faith based ink designs - it's the earnest preachers' daughters at college, the homeschooling moms, etc., who have evidently managed to conquer any fears of needles at least for the duration of their parlor sessions, however short.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I do cringe when I see a lot of skin covered by them
Back, you said this; I think what needs to be remembered also is that many Christians get faith based designs - often effective as talking points in conversation, or as practical, personal reminders - and when Godly, prayerful wearers have them they don't regard it as as an act of rebellion but as an act of faith.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think they have more meaning to those that get them than those that see them
@soul man Perhaps so initially, but it's now so undeniable that they can make for highly effective conversation starters; nurses report that sometimes typically only a small minority of nurses now on a team will be untattooed; and nurses use them as highly proven tools as ice-breakers/ conversation-starters. More broadly in witness situations, this very clear fact is clearly has a lot of potential for faith based designs.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back, you said this; I think what needs to be remembered also is that many Christians get faith based designs - often effective as talking points in conversation, or as practical, personal reminders - and when Godly, prayerful wearers have them they don't regard it as as an act of rebellion but as an act of faith.
Sorry, @farouk , but you're not going to convince me that injecting foreign substances into the skin is a wise thing to do--HEALTHWISE. So...I have bowed out of this discussion. Adults can do what they want in regards to tattoos. I'm keeping my skin healthy. :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Sorry, @farouk , but you're not going to convince me that injecting foreign substances into the skin is a wise thing to do--HEALTHWISE. So...I have bowed out of this discussion. Adults can do what they want in regards to tattoos. I'm keeping my skin healthy. :)
@Prayer Warrior Well, okay... :)

PS: I do love your header verse! In our Bible study tonight, we will be looking at prayer as a subject, partly.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
not really keen on starting another thread about it as I have seen how they can go.
@Rita Rightly or wrongly I tend to consider starting a new thread (with a poll) if the poll of a previous thread with a similar topic has expired. This seems to be the way it happens, anyway...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
And I believe this is all states. Now some get tattoos by unlicensed people and are taking a risk and the unlicensed artist doesn't follow the age of consent laws.
@Heart2Soul I think I read in one US state it's 14, with a signature, which is a bit young. Getting the first tattoo is all about becoming an adult, I guess, and at 14 they are not quite there...

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul I think I read in one US state it's 14, with a signature, which is a bit young. Getting the first tattoo is all about becoming an adult, I guess, and at 14 they are not quite there...
A signature from the parent....who is old enough to consent.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
what bothers me more is why when she is hurt by life circumstances she changes her hair color in a dramatic way or gets a new tattoo.
@VictoryinJesus Back; I've not seen her hair LOL; but as for tattoos as GodsGrace says,
GodsGrace said:
almost every young girl I know has some sort of tatoo.
Even those very conservative types

Frankly it's what is done, and so many Christians get faith based designs. If she were already a Christian you might find your dd would still get inked. (Keep praying; I'm sure you and @Waiting on him already do so constantly.)