Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone? (Poll included)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faith-based tattoo: as a result of one, did you ever talk with someone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Taken

Anyway, others on here do recognize the joy that it can bring:

In her post, Acolyte said:
My son had 7 or 8 tattoos before I even thought about it. ... Those who get scripture must be overjoyed. The money and pain are outweighed by the message they witness to... No more ink for me. ...

(Even if Brakelite doesn't recognize it; well, fine...)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It use to be rather common to see TATS on men who served in the Wars & Conflicts, and so also now not unusual to see TATS on older women as well as young.

@Taken

Yes, well, as UnrulyBeauty affirmed in her post, tattoos have been a woman thing for many, many years:

The last one I got was many, many years ago. I would love to get a few more before I'm old and wrinkly..Tattoos have been "non-taboo" for a good 20 years or so. I think a lot of older people (and I'm not young to begin with lol) still think that tattoos are this grungy, rough, male trend. But that hasn't been the case for many, many years.

This is also why Christian women get faith based designs inked in with a lot of confidence.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It use to be rather common to see TATS on men who served in the Wars & Conflicts, and so also now not unusual to see TATS on older women as well as young.
@Taken It's also historically attested how women participated in it in the 19th century:

Surprisingly, one of the major resurgences of interest in tattoos in Europe occurred among 19th century high society Victorian women (as well as men), after British explorers .. brought back the practice to Britain. .. grew during the 19th century, and even Winston Churchill’s mother had a tattoo .. on her wrist. Queen Victoria was also believed to have had a tattoo of a Bengal tiger.. . From Victorian Europe...to America. In 1897, (art critic, Margot) Miffin says that an estimated 75% of American society women were tattooed..
(Black Fire: Women, Tattoos, and the Transformative Power of Body Art )

It goes to show that the idea of women in the Victorian era supposedly being shrinking violets and fainting waifs is rather a myth. Probably many conservative women today who might like to have it done, but are wondering whether they have the confidence to go ahead, might be surprised at how far back it goes.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have regrets from life but my tattoo isn't one of them. .. I have a tattoo that I got 30 years ago. .. It serves as a memory of an achievement I made back then.
from back a bit @devin553344 You can see how for ppl who might have a really strong reason to get tattooed - military service; faith - it's often done with confidence and without regret, right?