Faith God can work through…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's what I've found!

So then, understanding our deep need now, not walking by sight, where everything seems good, but to recognize the continuing hopelessness of our state without Him, without His forgiveness, without His love, we then rely more heavily upon Him. Drawing near to Him, He draws near to us.

Much love!!!
KJV John 15:5
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Reactions: marks

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I'd say to exercise our faith is to simply assume to be true the things we are told in Scripture.

Assuming we are free from sin. Assuming we are completely forgiven. Assuming we are oh so very beloved of God. Assuming He is here with me Right Now, upholding me, guiding me, loving me.

Much love!

I would not say assuming- but knowing. chrisatian faith is not a hope so, but a know so that governs who we are and how we live.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would not say assuming- but knowing. chrisatian faith is not a hope so, but a know so that governs who we are and how we live.
Very true!

The reason I used the word "assume" is because, well, speaking for myself, I needed to assume something to be true that I didn't "feel" the innate confidence that it was so. To me, "assuming" is having knowledge without evidence. It seems to me more of a "choosing faith" word.

I didn't really "know", I had not experienced such faith, or it's result. But I could assume that what God said about me was true. First I assumed, and now I know. Hopefully this will clarify what I mean!

Much love!

Reactions: Ronald Nolette