Faith God can work through…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 5:5 (NASB20)
For we, through the Spirit, by faith, are waiting for the hope of righteousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paul is putting forth the proper attitude of heart for the Christian…. Those that are His, waiting before Him in faith… This is the end result of those believers that have learned the difference between faith and the works of the flesh, that being the works of self effort… For the letter to the Galatians is a instruction between the effort of self to build its own righteousness and the righteousness that comes from walking after the Spirit, which is walking before God in faith… For this is his final summary of what the proper faith of the heart towards God looks like, with the ‘for we, etc..’, drawing a distinction between the two…

For this is why Paul was accused of preaching a gospel of ‘let us do evil that good may come’.. Because He put forth faith in the operation of God in the life in real time, as what the gospel of Christ was… He preached that he had been crucified with Christ, it no longer was He that lived, but Christ that lived in Him… He preached faith in this truth was the gospel of Christ, therefore was He accused of such by those who’s hearts did not see…

For there is one faith before God that God can work through, it is the same faith that was around from the beginning… The faith of one’s heart turned towards God continually as one goes through their day…

Be blessed all in the faith God can work through…

A fellow follower of His, Not me

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I go through my day, I have increasing victory over my flesh and sin.

Instead, I

Give thanks
Praise God
Worship God
Read God's Word
Encourage my husband
Do chores with a good attitude
Encourage my friends

Jesus all day every day.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Instead, I

Give thanks
Praise God
Worship God
Read God's Word
Encourage my husband
Encourage my friends

Jesus all day every day.

As the peace of Christ in your heart directs your relationship with Him, may the fruit of that relationship overflow to all those around you..

Be so blessed in the Beloved, a fellow believer, Not me

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Instead, I

Give thanks
Praise God
Worship God
Read God's Word
Encourage my husband
Encourage my friends

Jesus all day every day.

Awesome attitude sister.

Reactions: Wynona

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Instead, I

Give thanks
Praise God
Worship God
Read God's Word
Encourage my husband
Encourage my friends

Jesus all day every day.

Wonderful! And I add, and I'm sure you do, fill our hearts with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs.

Much love!

Reactions: Wynona and Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The faith of one’s heart turned towards God continually as one goes through their day…
This really does say what is the heart of our Christian walk. And in coming to understand how fully forgiven we are, we realize we can do this!

Much love!

Reactions: Taken and Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This really does say what is the heart of our Christian walk. And in coming to understand how fully forgiven we are, we realize we can do this!

Much love!

Yes, it is a growing into, the more, the more joy, blessings and the more of Him does one know and experience..

Be blessed in the knowing and experiencing…..

A fellow grower, Not me

Reactions: marks

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't have any faith in myself. And there are times I don't have a lot of faith that everything is going to turn out all right, especially when I contemplate my own weaknesses, and the evils and corruptions and wickedness that is coming upon this world. How will I stand?
Then I realize it isn't about me. It isn't my faith that I need to have faith in. It's Christ's faithfulness toward me. What is going to see through these last days is
  • His faith
  • His grace
  • His mercy
  • His love
  • His righteousness.
It's all about Jesus and what He has already accomplished, and what He has promised to accomplish. Christ in us, the hope of glory.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have any faith in myself. And there are times I don't have a lot of faith that everything is going to turn out all right, especially when I contemplate my own weaknesses, and the evils and corruptions and wickedness that is coming upon this world. How will I stand?
Then I realize it isn't about me. It isn't my faith that I need to have faith in. It's Christ's faithfulness toward me. What is going to see through these last days is
  • His faith
  • His grace
  • His mercy
  • His love
  • His righteousness.
It's all about Jesus and what He has already accomplished, and what He has promised to accomplish. Christ in us, the hope of glory.

Yes, be blessed in the experiencing of the all of Him and the nothing of us…

Reactions: Brakelite

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
  • His faith
  • His grace
  • His mercy
  • His love
  • His righteousness.
Yes, Australia is doing it hard at the moment, harder than NZ that's for sure, but with the Word of God continually dwelling in us richly the outcome is faith continually welling in us richly . . .

Col 3:12-17 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; (13) bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. (14) But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. (15) And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. (16) Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. (17) And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

Reactions: Brakelite

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • His faith
  • His grace
  • His mercy
  • His love
  • His righteousness.
Amen!!

It seems to me, the longer I live, the more weakness in myself I see. Just like you, I get discouraged, knowing I lack the strength to get by on a good day! I too see what may be coming soon, and wonder. But I do know that as circumstances become more difficult, to the point of perplexity and impossibility, God just has ways of revealing His love and care for us, that even if we are dying in the flames we will know He hasn't left us, hasn't deserted us, is there with us carrying us home.

After my sister died a couple of years ago, my brother found a letter she had written to me. One of the things she wrote was that she had never really understood how much God loves her until she was dying of cancer.

I've found that true in my life. The worse the hardship, the greater the power of God through our faith. He strengthens us to rejoice in suffering. He likes to make the weak strong.

Much love!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Amen!!

It seems to me, the longer I live, the more weakness in myself I see. Just like you, I get discouraged, knowing I lack the strength to get by on a good day! I too see what may be coming soon, and wonder. But I do know that as circumstances become more difficult, to the point of perplexity and impossibility, God just has ways of revealing His love and care for us, that even if we are dying in the flames we will know He hasn't left us, hasn't deserted us, is there with us carrying us home.

After my sister died a couple of years ago, my brother found a letter she had written to me. One of the things she wrote was that she had never really understood how much God loves her until she was dying of cancer.

I've found that true in my life. The worse the hardship, the greater the power of God through our faith. He strengthens us to rejoice in suffering. He likes to make the weak strong.

Much love!
I'm thinking that is not in our goodness, our strength, nor in those times when we are doing well and are full of confidence and faith; nor is it when we are even witnessing a move of the holy Spirit in our church, or when we are preaching to the lost, or witnessing in the streets, that the Lord draws closest to us. No. I believe the Lord draws closest to us when we need Him most. As you said, He comes when we are weakest. Fearful. Guilt ridden. Walking in shame because of some sin or demonstration of bad judgement. In fact, the only qualification we have to offer God for His love, grace, and mercy, is our great need of it.

Reactions: Truman and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm thinking that is not in our goodness, our strength, nor in those times when we are doing well and are full of confidence and faith; nor is it when we are even witnessing a move of the holy Spirit in our church, or when we are preaching to the lost, or witnessing in the streets, that the Lord draws closest to us. No. I believe the Lord draws closest to us when we need Him most. As you said, He comes when we are weakest. Fearful. Guilt ridden. Walking in shame because of some sin or demonstration of bad judgement. In fact, the only qualification we have to offer God for His love, grace, and mercy, is our great need of it.
That's what I've found!

So then, understanding our deep need now, not walking by sight, where everything seems good, but to recognize the continuing hopelessness of our state without Him, without His forgiveness, without His love, we then rely more heavily upon Him. Drawing near to Him, He draws near to us.

Much love!!!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For there is one faith before God that God can work through, it is the same faith that was around from the beginning… The faith of one’s heart turned towards God continually as one goes through their day…
I keep coming back to this statement, I suppose, because I know I need to keep coming back to that rememberance, that acknowledgment of God with me, Christ in me, my certain expectation of glory!

He will not fail me!!!!

Much love!

Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I keep coming back to this statement, I suppose, because I know I need to keep coming back to that rememberance, that acknowledgment of God with me, Christ in me, my certain expectation of glory!

He will not fail me!!!!

Much love!

The joy the heart will experience that sees…

Be blessed in the seeing and experiencing…

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 5:5 (NASB20)
For we, through the Spirit, by faith, are waiting for the hope of righteousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paul is putting forth the proper attitude of heart for the Christian…. Those that are His, waiting before Him in faith… This is the end result of those believers that have learned the difference between faith and the works of the flesh, that being the works of self effort… For the letter to the Galatians is a instruction between the effort of self to build its own righteousness and the righteousness that comes from walking after the Spirit, which is walking before God in faith… For this is his final summary of what the proper faith of the heart towards God looks like, with the ‘for we, etc..’, drawing a distinction between the two…

For this is why Paul was accused of preaching a gospel of ‘let us do evil that good may come’.. Because He put forth faith in the operation of God in the life in real time, as what the gospel of Christ was… He preached that he had been crucified with Christ, it no longer was He that lived, but Christ that lived in Him… He preached faith in this truth was the gospel of Christ, therefore was He accused of such by those who’s hearts did not see…

Be blessed all in the faith God can work through…

All we need is to exercise the faith we have been given (even the size of a mustard seed) and we will walk from flory to glory in victory over our flesh in our practice.

Reactions: Not me and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All we need is to exercise the faith we have been given (even the size of a mustard seed) and we will walk from flory to glory in victory over our flesh in our practice.
And I'd say to exercise our faith is to simply assume to be true the things we are told in Scripture.

Assuming we are free from sin. Assuming we are completely forgiven. Assuming we are oh so very beloved of God. Assuming He is here with me Right Now, upholding me, guiding me, loving me.

Much love!