Faith is not enough

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul writes faith is a gift from God. And God gives to us a measure of Faith as he wills. Not if faith is a gift faith is a gift from God! How do some of you imply that your faith is the result of your own action?

everything is gift from God
We have a part to play
Free will to corespond to Grace

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are errors that occur when applying human reasoning to certain words. It is taught that salvation can be secured by just saying, I believe, which only involve acknowledgment that God exists. This type of belief is generated by knowledge unaccompanied by actions, it won’t save you. This type of reasoning teaches hearers that they can have a Savior but don’t have to love Him. They honor God with their lips, but their hearts are far from Him.

As it is written;

Luke 6:46

“Why call me Lord if you don’t do my will?”

James also wrote;

James 2:14

“What good is it, my brothers, if someone claims to have faith (trust) but has no actions to prove it? Is such faith (trust)able to save him?”

The example James give us is this;

James 2:15 (jnt)

“Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food and someone says to him, peace! Keep warm and eat hearty! Without giving him what he needs what good does it do? Faith (trust) by itself, unaccompanied by actions, is dead.”

James goes on to say to those who confess they have faith (trust) without actions are not alone, the demons believe too but they are not going to be saved.

Listen how he says it;

James 2:19

“You believe that God is one? Good for you! The demons believe it too – the thought makes them shudder and fear.”

Remember what the Apostle said, the righteous are known by the works of righteousness.

There are words such as, believe, believing, faith verses trust, when not understood brings condemnation. These words are defined, depending on who you ask, will offer different opinions.

We hear those use such scriptures as;

Romans 10:9 (jnt)

“That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved.”

When this scripture is applied only through acknowledgment, absent of trust, you will not be saved.

If we teach, to believe is an acknowledgment only, how than will the Holy Spirit reveal to them this error. Those who know the truth must stand up and tell them of their errors. Truth comes from those preaching the truth. It is through preaching the truth that God has chosen to save the world. God will hold those accountable who preach untruths. Knowledge alone, will not give you the righteousness of God. Trusting in God is the only way to his righteousness.

Listen to what is written in Psalms and how trust is required.

Psalms 16:1

“Preserve me O Lord; for in you I put my trust.”

It isn’t written as an acknowledgement only, but trust is required.

Faith means to trust which is not acknowledgment obtained through human reasoning. Human reasoning says, I acknowledge there is a God. It gives you the false assurance that you’re alright. This is so far from the truth.

Again;

Psalms 17:7

“Show your marvelous loving kindness O Lord that saves by the right hand them that put their trust in you.”

Again;

2 Samuel 22:31

“He is buckler to all those that trust in Him.”

Again;

Matthew 12:21

“In his name shall the Gentiles trust!”

Psalms 9:10:

And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee:

And again;

Hebrews 2:13

“I will put my trust in Him.”

The root of belief, believing or faith really means we have trust in God. This is true belief, those who truly believe have trust in God.

The trust I'm referring to, comes as a gift from God. The error is when we confuse human trust with the trust that comes from God. It is the trust that comes through the Holy Spirit, as a gift, that opens our heart to depend on God.

Paul tells us, trust comes from hearing, hearing the word of God.

The fruit of the of the Holy Spirit are love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith (trust) meekness and temperance.

So, where then is boasting! We are God’s workmanship, in Christ, created a new, through the Holy Spirit, not of ourselves but it is a gift from God.

It is only by the gifts from God we are able to keep His commands. The fascinating thing about the first command – without it you are not able to keep the second. The obedience to the first allows the Holy Spirit to enter to give you the Gifts of God.

Understand not every man has the same level of Faith (trust). Paul tells us that the Father gives each one of us accordingly. Paul tells us that we should hold dear to what we have received.

Roman 12:3 (JNT

“For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God has dealt to every man the measure of trust.”

If you desire more trust ask for more understanding because with it, trust will increase. But also know this, the more trust that you are given, the more God requires of you.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are errors that occur when applying human reasoning to certain words. It is taught that salvation can be secured by just saying, I believe, which only involve acknowledgment that God exists. This type of belief is generated by knowledge unaccompanied by actions, it won’t save you. This type of reasoning teaches hearers that they can have a Savior but don’t have to love Him. They honor God with their lips, but their hearts are far from Him.

As it is written;

Luke 6:46

“Why call me Lord if you don’t do my will?”

James also wrote;

James 2:14

“What good is it, my brothers, if someone claims to have faith (trust) but has no actions to prove it? Is such faith (trust)able to save him?”

The example James give us is this;

James 2:15 (jnt)

“Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food and someone says to him, peace! Keep warm and eat hearty! Without giving him what he needs what good does it do? Faith (trust) by itself, unaccompanied by actions, is dead.”

James goes on to say to those who confess they have faith (trust) without actions are not alone, the demons believe too but they are not going to be saved.

Listen how he says it;

James 2:19

“You believe that God is one? Good for you! The demons believe it too – the thought makes them shudder and fear.”

Remember what the Apostle said, the righteous are known by the works of righteousness.

There are words such as, believe, believing, faith verses trust, when not understood brings condemnation. These words are defined, depending on who you ask, will offer different opinions.

We hear those use such scriptures as;

Romans 10:9 (jnt)

“That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved.”

When this scripture is applied only through acknowledgment, absent of trust, you will not be saved.

If we teach, to believe is an acknowledgment only, how than will the Holy Spirit reveal to them this error. Those who know the truth must stand up and tell them of their errors. Truth comes from those preaching the truth. It is through preaching the truth that God has chosen to save the world. God will hold those accountable who preach untruths. Knowledge alone, will not give you the righteousness of God. Trusting in God is the only way to his righteousness.

Listen to what is written in Psalms and how trust is required.

Psalms 16:1

“Preserve me O Lord; for in you I put my trust.”

It isn’t written as an acknowledgement only, but trust is required.

Faith means to trust which is not acknowledgment obtained through human reasoning. Human reasoning says, I acknowledge there is a God. It gives you the false assurance that you’re alright. This is so far from the truth.

Again;

Psalms 17:7

“Show your marvelous loving kindness O Lord that saves by the right hand them that put their trust in you.”

Again;

2 Samuel 22:31

“He is buckler to all those that trust in Him.”

Again;

Matthew 12:21

“In his name shall the Gentiles trust!”

Psalms 9:10:

And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee:

And again;

Hebrews 2:13

“I will put my trust in Him.”

The root of belief, believing or faith really means we have trust in God. This is true belief, those who truly believe have trust in God.

The trust I'm referring to, comes as a gift from God. The error is when we confuse human trust with the trust that comes from God. It is the trust that comes through the Holy Spirit, as a gift, that opens our heart to depend on God.

Paul tells us, trust comes from hearing, hearing the word of God.

The fruit of the of the Holy Spirit are love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith (trust) meekness and temperance.

So, where then is boasting! We are God’s workmanship, in Christ, created a new, through the Holy Spirit, not of ourselves but it is a gift from God.

It is only by the gifts from God we are able to keep His commands. The fascinating thing about the first command – without it you are not able to keep the second. The obedience to the first allows the Holy Spirit to enter to give you the Gifts of God.

Understand not every man has the same level of Faith (trust). Paul tells us that the Father gives each one of us accordingly. Paul tells us that we should hold dear to what we have received.

Roman 12:3 (JNT

“For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God has dealt to every man the measure of trust.”

If you desire more trust ask for more understanding because with it, trust will increase. But also know this, the more trust that you are given, the more God requires of you.

true
We still need the grace merited by Christ on the cross and applied to our souls in the church thru the sacraments

Jn 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
true
We still need the grace merited by Christ on the cross and applied to our souls in the church thru the sacraments

Jn 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

The Grace is from God. Christ his only begotten Son is our savior. God has declared all those who have trust in their heart receive his righteousness. God defines Sin as because men had no trust in Christ. Man defines sin as things in the flesh. Man did not understand sin. This is why it is written that when the HS comes he will teach men of their sin against God. That sin is not having trust in Christ. God’s grace gives us the gift of trust. This is Grace and the purpose of it that God will save you through his Son if when hearing the Food News you call upon his name. This is grace.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Grace is from God. Christ his only begotten Son is our savior. God has declared all those who have trust in their heart receive his righteousness. God defines Sin as because men had no trust in Christ. Man defines sin as things in the flesh. Man did not understand sin. This is why it is written that when the HS comes he will teach men of their sin against God. That sin is not having trust in Christ. God’s grace gives us the gift of trust. This is Grace and the purpose of it that God will save you through his Son if when hearing the Food News you call upon his name. This is grace.

the promise of the spirit is found in the sacraments

The promise (sacred oath or sacrament) of the Father acts 2:38-39 with reference to ez 36:25-27

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Jn 3:5 born again by water and the spirit.

Heb 7:21 For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec
(Oath = sacrament)

Hebrews 8:6
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. Based on Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

A promise is a sacred oath or sacrament!
Baptismal regeneration is the promise of the Father for union in the new covenant!

The church and the seven sacraments are necessary for salvation

Better covenant on better promises

2 Timothy 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

Life of supernatural grace merited by Christ in His passion and death!

An oath to sacramental life in the new covenant in union with the mediator and communion with God, and the saints!

Promise of the Father acts 2:23-39
Promise is an oath and an oath is a sacrament! This promise of the sacrament of baptism refers to ez. 36:25-27

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the promise of the spirit is found in the sacraments

The promise (sacred oath or sacrament) of the Father acts 2:38-39 with reference to ez 36:25-27

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Jn 3:5 born again by water and the spirit.

Heb 7:21 For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec
(Oath = sacrament)

Hebrews 8:6
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. Based on Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

A promise is a sacred oath or sacrament!
Baptismal regeneration is the promise of the Father for union in the new covenant!

The church and the seven sacraments are necessary for salvation

Better covenant on better promises

2 Timothy 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

Life of supernatural grace merited by Christ in His passion and death!

An oath to sacramental life in the new covenant in union with the mediator and communion with God, and the saints!

Promise of the Father acts 2:23-39
Promise is an oath and an oath is a sacrament! This promise of the sacrament of baptism refers to ez. 36:25-27

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

I will walk in Christ with the trust God has put in my heart. As it is written the just shall walk by trust. You sir can walk by sight I chose to walk by trust. And when that day comes will see who stands and falls.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will walk in Christ with the trust God has put in my heart. As it is written the just shall walk by trust. You sir can walk by sight I chose to walk by trust. And when that day comes will see who stands and falls.

the just shall Live by faith yes