Fall of the American Empire

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Aspen,

I hate to be the one to break the news, -- but the Roman Empire is DEAD, and another (Italy) occupies that ancient geography.

Also, I think the U.S. and "revival" are not synonymous. In fact, I would propose a more difficult future for both that nation and mankind in general.

BibleScribe :)

What is your point?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
All you have said is obvious to our citizens. Awareness seems to be dawning upon a few, but even they do not know which direction to go.

Proverbs 29:18 says something to the effect that "Where there is no vision..." and then the translations diverge.
The KJV says that "the people perish". My RSV says that "the people cast off restraint".

Scholarly examinations aside, both may be true, at least in the American experience of recent decades.

There is now no vision, thus even those who understand that danger is near are unable to correct it.

God help us all if a man with wicked vision arises. All conditions being equal this day, such a scenario is very possible and even likely.

Biblical foundations for human living and governance have been thrown off even by main stream protestant churches. If the church throws God's Word in the gutter, how long will we stand? The Gallup Poll states that protestant decline accelerates every year. Accelerates!

Nationalism is the greatest danger to American liberty. The level of unchecked militarism in this country is such that it blinds everyone. I have seen flags and uniformed gunmen parading through the sanctuary of God's house during worship services. God is not Lord even of our worship when nationalism intrudes.

This coming veterans day will see demonstrations of nationalistic support of the military unrivaled even by 4th of July celebrations of the past. Why do we celebrate and congratuate those who have murdered and destroyed in the name of American foreign policy?
Why do we NOT celebrate those who nurture, build and protect?

Veterans, of which I am one, are often called to stand to their feet IN CHURCH to be recognized. I know you've seen it. This cheap form of entertainment is universal in America. When was the last time you saw ANYONE call teachers, doctors, nurses, carpenters*, or farmers to their feet for recognition of their sacrifice and contribution to society?

Why are the builders and creators among us NOT recognized, but the destroyers and murders are?

America is lost and going the way of nations who have been judged of God in past years.

(*) You all know that Our Lord was once a carpenter by trade. I wonder if anyone would care to recognize His carpentry work in church these days. Instead they'd prefer to recognize Pilate for his efforts to combat terrorism, or perhaps the soldiers that nailed Jesus to the cross.

We have fallen down and can't get up.

Someone has bewitched you into treating military veterans as 'murderers'. What's really funny, is such a view is being force fed to the Churches by world religious summits sponsored by Communism (the 1960's ex-KGB defector Anatoliy Golitsyn documented it in his 1980's work New Lies For Old involving Communism's disinformation strategy for today's western Churches). So evidently, some Churches who no doubt recognize that strategy have decided to pay military veterans special attention.

popeye

Jul 12, 2011
You might be a veteran rjp, but you didn't serve in any capacity other than a truck driver or some lame ass MOS like it. Fact is, carpenters don't generally step into harm's way doing what they do. Veterans deserve all the attention they will get, wherever that may be. ....within reason...

My guess is you're a poser, and not a veteran at all....

Go find a site that reflects your liberalistic ideas so that the blind there can lead other blind folk like yourself, straight into a ditch somewhere.

You're in my crosshairs now, buddy!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
You might be a veteran rjp, but you didn't serve in any capacity other than a truck driver or some lame ass MOS like it. Fact is, carpenters don't generally step into harm's way doing what they do. Veterans deserve all the attention they will get, wherever that may be. ....within reason...

My guess is you're a poser, and not a veteran at all....

Go find a site that reflects your liberalistic ideas so that the blind there can lead other blind folk like yourself, straight into a ditch somewhere.

You're in my crosshairs now, buddy!

You obviously don't know what you're talking about, as your hatred of those of us who have served our nation and people have 'put our lives on the line' so people like you could have the 1st Amendment right to slander us. If you had served, it would have made a man out of you instead of the boyish display you show.

Your misuse of "liberalistic" also reveals how lacking in real education you are.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Many 'Christians' are so busy trying to save their physical lives that they will lose their eternal lives. It's like they don't have a clue that this promise exists. They are controlled by their fear, not by faith.

Hebrews 13:5-6 (NKJV)
5 For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." 6 So we may boldly say: "The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?"

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The ones busy trying to save their flesh are those that refuse to make a 'stand' for Christ, and that also means those who are afraid to put their lives on the line for Him and His people.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
The ones busy trying to save their flesh are those that refuse to make a 'stand' for Christ, and that also means those who are afraid to put their lives on the line for Him and His people.
You mean those who drop bombs on babies to save their own necks?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
No, the ones who are afraid to stand up against Christ's enemies that seek to destroy His people; the wimps that like to just sit back and not get involved in defense of the fatherless and widow.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
No, the ones who are afraid to stand up against Christ's enemies that seek to destroy His people; the wimps that like to just sit back and not get involved in defense of the fatherless and widow.
I see. You are talking about those who don't resist evil people, love their enemies and do good to those who hate them, as Jesus commanded.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I see. You are talking about those who don't resist evil people, love their enemies and do good to those who hate them, as Jesus commanded.

Loving one's enemies is not the same thing as allowing a serial murderer and child-rapist-murderer go free on the streets to do it again, and again, and again. So, do you like to watch all those movies that Hollywood Communists push to idolize serial killers like Bandy, the fictional Hannibal Lecter, etc.? Like to watch that kind of stuff maybe?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Loving one's enemies is not the same thing as allowing a serial murderer and child-rapist-murderer go free on the streets to do it again, and again, and again. So, do you like to watch all those movies that Hollywood Communists push to idolize serial killers like Bandy, the fictional Hannibal Lecter, etc.? Like to watch that kind of stuff maybe?
Those who are so afraid of evil resort to violence. They know God won't answer their prayers so they answer their own prayers.

Matthew 6:13 (NKJV)
13 And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Those who are so afraid of evil resort to violence. They know God won't answer their prayers so they answer their own prayers.

Matthew 6:13 (NKJV)
13 And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one.

Those who FEAR evil are those that bury their head in the sand, leaving their body exposed.

Matt 10:28
28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear Him Which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
(KJV)

Luke 22:36
36 Then said He unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
(KJV)

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Those who FEAR evil are those that bury their head in the sand, leaving their body exposed.

Matt 10:28
28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear Him Which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
(KJV)

Luke 22:36
36 Then said He unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
(KJV)
I don't use violence against others because I trust God. How about you?

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
But those who won't care for their relatives, especially those in their own household, have denied the true faith. Such people are worse than unbelievers. 1Tim.5:8

I think this would also include providing protection.

There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends. John 15:13

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
If someone came into my house and tried to hurt my grandchild, I would defend them with my life if we could not escape. I'm so thankful for America and that I live here! I don't worship it or believe that we always do right, but how many of us came for protection? The right to be free spiritually. If the religous have freedom then so do the sinners. I just can not wait for what God is going to do! I am so excited about it. I believe he is in control! I believe we should pray hard for our country! We should really pray for every country on earth! God's will be done! Come Lord Jesus! We need you! We need you! Protect every country and your will be done! Let us each be in submission to your will! Let us not judge each other. Teach us to love Holy Father! Please bless America and every other country! May your will be done on earth just like it is in heaven. Our Father rules! HalleluYAH!

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
You would do violence to answer your prayers?

It's not a matter of "doing violence to answer prayers". I have a S&W hammer-less 38 (Actually, I have others but that is my favorite) and I pray I never have to use it, however...If someone breaks into my home, car, threatens me or mine on the street, etc. you better believe I will not hesitate.