Falling for the romance scammers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We had a scammer here pretending to be a Christian who had lost his wife and spun a sad tale of loss and of being unemployed….I felt sorry for him and offered sympathy, but it wasn’t long before he was hitting me up for rent money……I smelled a rat and when I questioned him and suggested that he was scamming me he got defensive and I reported him. Turns out he has hacked someone’s FaceBook profile and had been hitting on other women here as well. These jerks are everywhere….:no reply:

When they finally get around to asking for money, someone should say "I was just about to ask you for some money."
I bet they would drop you like a hot potato!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First part of the video is the victim's story...lady from Texas. Second part is the team that investigates these scammers.

At the very end she sees an actual photo of the scammer (after she confronts him). It's a young African guy.

Reactions: Nancy

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually I knew scammers in my life. It's not that they think little of themselves, rather you are treated like property so in fact they think little of you.
Also a fair point.
The person I knew was a malignant narcissist. I found out much later.