False Prophets are everywhere and in numbers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to say I am astonished at the number of people that are false prophets around the internet. Many have visited this forum and attempted to prophesy.

The one common factor I can see is that it's not a new prophecy. It's usually something from the bible that they try to apply to our modern age. And it always comes up false.

Anybody else seeing that?

It seems many people have delusions of grandeur and think they are prophets of God. This is so strange. I'm sure there are many people that have real prophecies from God, but it would be more like this:

Acts 2:17-18

New King James Version

17 ‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams.
18 And on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days;
And they shall prophesy.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to say I am astonished at the number of people that are false prophets around the internet. Many have visited this forum and attempted to prophesy.

The one common factor I can see is that it's not a new prophecy. It's usually something from the bible that they try to apply to our modern age. And it always comes up false.

It seems many people have delusions of grandeur and think they are prophets of God. This is so strange. I'm sure there are many people that have real prophecies from God, but it would be more like this:

Acts 2:17-18​

New King James Version​

And they shall prophesy.
What if a true prophet of The Lord came to CB. Would any one know it? And how would they be received? Would they come in ringing a bell or blowing a horn, or would they be doing our Fathers will, here a little and there a little. I brought this just for food for thought,not as questions to be answered.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if a true prophet of The Lord came to CB. Would any one know it? And how would they be received? Would they come in ringing a bell or blowing a horn, or would they be doing our Fathers will, here a little and there a little. I brought this just for food for thought,not as questions to be answered.
We've had many people share prophecies that have come true. It's usually something personal to their lives. It's not from the bible as something interpreted and given a date to.

Reactions: Debp and GTW27

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Acts 2:17-18​

New King James Version​

And they shall prophesy.
In my experience it is commonplace for false prophet types seeking attention to harass Christians in our own communities.

Then when that which they foretold doesn't occur, they make excuses that lay the blame on us for not rightly understanding the scriptures they used.

As soon as they claim to be a prophet, we should know they're a fake.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Moses wasn't exactly recognized by his own people either until he did some miracles. Moses and Aaron. The two witnesses in Egypt.

He was rebelled against in the wilderness too.

No true prophet will be readily accepted anywhere in today's body of Christ, the church/es, because what he says will be too unpopular. The prophets almost all castigated God's people for sin and warned them of their impending punishment when God will give them over to their enemies to purge and refine.

People prefer the prophecies of their own imaginations equally to the interpretations of their own imaginations.

Reactions: GTW27