false?,,,,,,why?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said unless you believe that I am HE you will die in your sins.

John 8:24 KJVS
I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he , ye shall die in your sins.

I pray you be delivered from delusion and turn to the true and living God.

Jesus came to seek and save that which was lost.

Satan through his faithful servant Mohammad, came to kill, steal and destroy.
Mohammad was deceived by a demon who gave him the corrupt words of the Muslim belief.

Murder, rape and persecution of what are called infidels by this demonic cult are called for by your false and deceiving God. Your book says that your God is the greatest deceiver of them all. And so he is.

Only through the shed blood of the savior, Jesus the Christ, can a man be saved and washed from his sins. There is no remission of sin without the shedding of the blood of the perfect sacrifice, the Lamb of God Jesus the christ.

The violence of Islam stands opposite to the words of Jehovah God and His Holy son Jesus the Christ, and prince of peace.

You have been steeped in Islam since birth and only God can change you into a new creation and give you the peace which you have never ever had and are empty without.

How many times have you asked your false God for peace and never received it? Yes, many many times. Jesus Christ is the prince of peace.

Abandon your false ways and seek him for his forgiveness through his shed blood. ONLY THEN WILL YOU RECEIVE THE PEACE YOU SEEK YET HAVE NEVER EVER DISCOVERED.
And I know that I have the spirit of God within me through the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(it's like thisss
and like that...)

:rolleyes: ok, if you say so, but wadr i would read the part where It says that that is exactly what did not happen, ok, i think the keywords are "animal sacrifices..." ya, Bible Search: animal sacrifices NT

and since the passage might lead one to believe that God accepted Jesus' sacrifice,
i will say that that cannot be Quoted anywhere, bc it is not true!

I am not going to recite the Bible to you.

Heb 9 & 10 speaks much about the First Testament (OT) given men, and sacrificing of animals blood year after year....
and Christ's Blood of the New Testament for the remission of Sin, as also told in:

Matt 26:28
For this is MY BLOOD of the New Testament, which IS SHED for man FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS.

Telling me what WAS, as though it still IS, is not correct.

Animal blood WAS for forgiveness of sin...and repeated Yearly....under the Law, according to the Law....Those sacrifices were NOT Perfect, nor PerfectED a man...
Those animal sacrifices were a SHADOW of the GOOD things to come...Heb 10:1

Glory to God,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I am not going to recite the Bible to you.

Heb 9 & 10 speaks much about the First Testament (OT) given men, and sacrificing of animals blood year after year....
and Christ's Blood of the New Testament for the remission of Sin, as also told in:

For this is MY BLOOD of the New Testament, which IS SHED for man FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS.
wadr none of this is really addressing the point,
and since the passage might lead one to believe that God accepted Jesus' sacrifice,
i will say that that cannot be Quoted anywhere, bc it is not true!
so imo you are repeating all of the assumptions, yes, and i see another one below,
Animal blood WAS for forgiveness of sin
from the human pov yes, but we are informed that God did not need those, and that the whole point of instituting the law was to show that it is not adequate, that the human pov would fail. Humans needed to sacrifice animals; God did not need any humans to sacrifice any animals
Telling me what WAS, as though it still IS, is not correct.
um well i didn't tell you that, right, Scripture tells us that,
so maybe i'm not getting you, and let's note also that Christ is referring to the blood of the grape there, He had a cup in His hand that we know He had not literally drained any of His blood into iow

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wadr none of this is really addressing the point,
so imo you are repeating all of the assumptions, yes, and i see another one below,
from the human pov yes, but we are informed that God did not need those, and that the whole point of instituting the law was to show that it is not adequate, that the human pov would fail. Humans needed to sacrifice animals; God did not need any humans to sacrifice any animals

As before indicated, conversing with you is like trying to figure out what your splinted words are actually trying to convey.

So, yes, it is guesswork it trying to comment to your posts.

um well i didn't tell you that, right, Scripture tells us that,

Scripture tells us MANY things.
Not everthing TOLD us, APPLIES to us.

so maybe i'm not getting you, and let's note also that Christ is referring to the blood of the grape there, He had a cup in His hand that we know He had not literally drained any of His blood into iow

Matt 20:22
Jesus said...
Are ye able to drink of the cup that I drink of.

You are focused on a cup and wine and blood.

Scripture Reveals the question, ARE ye able to Drink of the cup that Jesus Drinks of.

Scripture also Reveals what Drinking OF the same CUP as Jesus is talking about....

It is not drinking wine or blood....but it is something Literal.

Glory to God,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
As before indicated, conversing with you is like trying to figure out what your splinted words are actually trying to convey.

So, yes, it is guesswork it trying to comment to your posts.
i understand, which is why every now and then i do try to pose a serious Q, in plain English.
And wadr the one at hand is "Why do you think you cannot literally Quote God accepting any literal sacrifices anywhere, you who i feel safe assuming would consider themselves a literalist, relying solely on God's 'Word,' etc?"

and since i get that that puts you in a position, pls feel free to take it as rhetorical, ok, i'm not expecting an answer to this per se
Scripture tells us MANY things.
Not everthing TOLD us, APPLIES to us.
i agree that there are perspectives presented in Scripture that are not meant to be taken as instructions to be followed, ya.
but wadr i don't see how that might apply to your Quote,

you mentioned an issue with the syntax, there @ "IS," that i maybe didn't quite get? And i agree, several better words suggest themselves there, "will be shed" or maybe from our pov even "was shed" would work better, if any blood was shed that is, other than the blood of the grape that He held in His hand.

But then all this Precious Blood that no one can seem to actually Quote or Find anywhere has already been remarked upon i guess, there's even a thread; all i can say to that is that "we" are not trying to lead anyone away from Christ, and even if we are that will become apparent soon enough i guess, may God strike me down if that is even accidentally the case, is my prayer

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I pray you be delivered from delusion and turn to the true and living God.

Jesus came to seek and save that which was lost.
i appreciate it Frank, i know you are not a bad person, and you were instrumental in manifesting the current standard of living that the whole world enjoys thanks to the US, ok, the progress in your lifetime alone has been no less than staggering...
Satan through his faithful servant Mohammad, came to kill, steal and destroy.
...however, being as how you already know that your gen was deceived in many things, right, this pov just hurts to read coming from you, ok, tbh i find it hard to believe that you even really believe this "certain other people are your enemies" jazz Frank?

i mean you are a saver of unwanted puppies i bet, and you would give even a Muslim the shirt off your back i bet too
let's face it ok, Muslims did not hollow out the Treasury or rob your Gen of their pensions, right

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i understand, which is why every now and then i do try to pose a serious Q, in plain English.
And wadr the one at hand is "Why do you think you cannot literally Quote God accepting any literal sacrifices anywhere, you who i feel safe assuming would consider themselves a literalist, relying solely on God's 'Word,' etc?"

and since i get that that puts you in a position, pls feel free to take it as rhetorical, ok, i'm not expecting an answer to this per se

i agree that there are perspectives presented in Scripture that are not meant to be taken as instructions to be followed, ya.
but wadr i don't see how that might apply to your Quote,

you mentioned an issue with the syntax, there @ "IS," that i maybe didn't quite get? And i agree, several better words suggest themselves there, "will be shed" or maybe from our pov even "was shed" would work better, if any blood was shed that is, other than the blood of the grape that He held in His hand.

But then all this Precious Blood that no one can seem to actually Quote or Find anywhere has already been remarked upon i guess, there's even a thread; all i can say to that is that "we" are not trying to lead anyone away from Christ, and even if we are that will become apparent soon enough i guess, may God strike me down if that is even accidentally the case, is my prayer

Allow me to give my position as clearly as possible.

1) Gods Word ONLY for Knowledge?
Absolutely.

2) Gods Word is Truth?
Absolutely

3) Gods "WRITTEN" Word for "Understanding"?
No

4) Gods Understanding of His Word, a gift to "particular" men?
Absolutely

5) Literal pure animals for a burnt Offering for atonement for sin.
Yes.

6) Literal blood of a pure animal sprinkled on the alter and the people for an Offering for atonement for sin.
Yes.

7) Literal Offering In the Temple of the pure animal's body and animal's blood for atonement of sin Against God, and forgiveness of sin and trespass.
Yes.

8) A Forgiveness for Future sin Against God?
No

9) An immediate salvation of their soul?
No

10) Atonement and reparation for their sin? Yes

11) Jesus offered Once His pure body, as the death payment required of every man naturally born man.
Yes.

12) Jesus gave Once His pure blood, for the forgiveness of sin.
Yes.

13) As any man in the OT, could accept Gods direction to bring, pure animals, kill their bodies, accept forgiveness via its blood...
Yes.

14) So also could any man in the NT, and forward accept Gods direction to accept Jesus' offering of His pure body, and His pure body, and become Converted ONCE and Forever In Christ, which DOES include receiving forgiveness, Salvation of their soul, and Quickening of their spirit and the indwelling Spirit of God to Keep them Forever with Him.
Yes.

15) In the OT, repeatedly the Written word, informs mankind, of mankinds repeated INDIGNATION TOWARD GOD.
Yes.

16) The same INDIGNATION continued TOWARD Jesus in the NT.
Yes.

17) And IF a man is willing and able to Believe, Ask for Forgiveness, Accept His forgiveness, Agree to have His body crucified with Christ, have his soul restored, (saved) have his spirit quickened, (born again) receive the Spirit of God.....<---- that IS a man who is willing and able to drink of the cup of the Lord Jesus.......which means that man is Able to accept the SAME INDIGNATION (from men, as did God, as did Jesus), FOR that mans Standing with thee Lord God.
Yes.

18) In short, the Lord revealed, you follow Him, the world at large, will hate you....are you able to deal with that?
Yes.

19) If a man has accepted the conversion and indwelling Spirit of God .... God is within the man .... unseen to the world.
Yes.

19) Outwardly Eat unleavened bread, drink wine....
'in remembrance of Jesus"....an outward tribute to He who is within you.
Yes.

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You have been steeped in Islam since birth
ah, not even close, sry, i obv would not be ashamed to claim Islam were i a Muslim ok Frank

you might take this opp to list the many atrocities committed upon you by all those evil Muslims you are going on about, while you are at it.
Just to put me in my place or whatever
feel free to use the back of the page too, k
:D

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hey, you have my permission to Quote the ref anytime you are ready bro :)
you could maybe check those "pleasing aroma" ones, might get lucky
i have not so much as checked btw, hoping someone might hand me a fish! :D

Lev 17:11

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Lev 17:11
i would DQ that bc imo "I have given it to you" is not "and God accepted their blood offering," although if that works for you i wouldn't blame you sort of.

amazing though, huh, you'd think somewhere in all that Pleasing Aroma jazz or esp the one where they soak the sacrifice with water first you could Quote "And God accepted a blood sacrifice" somewhere, huh? One time? Or even
"the blood sacrifice was pleasing to God?"

sacrifices are always given iow, they don't seem to be accepted anywhere
hmm

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i would DQ that bc imo "I have given it to you" is not "and God accepted their blood offering," although if that works for you i wouldn't blame you sort of.

amazing though, huh, you'd think somewhere in all that Pleasing Aroma jazz or esp the one where they soak the sacrifice with water first you could Quote "And God accepted a blood sacrifice" somewhere, huh? One time? Or even
"the blood sacrifice was pleasing to God?"

sacrifices are always given iow, they don't seem to be accepted anywhere
hmm

Not unusual for men to decide in what Manner God "should" have Revealed His Word.

You are basically requesting a Statement from God, in His Words, that says.... "I accept your blood sacrifice".

I personally find that juvenile.

God expressly reveals explicit words of what pleases Him For OT men TO DO.

God expressly reveals His pleasure, and His displeasure TOWARD men, WHO follow His directional words, and WHO do not.

If you do not comprehend What God directs a man TO DO, (and a man DOES) IS acceptable to God...
AND
What God directs a man TO DO, (and a man AGREES, but DOES NOT DO), IS not acceptable to God.

Ex 19:8
And all the people answered together, and said;
"All the LORD hath spoken WE WILL DO".
And
Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.

You can read and study the OT, (of God speaking and men agreeing) and then read and study the NT (of Jesus speaking and men agreeing).....

NONE, being FORCED to AGREE.

However, those WHO AGREE....

...SUCH men being greatly blessed FOR "DOING" what they AGREED to DO, and being chastised FOR "NOT DOING" what they AGREED TO DO.

Glory to God,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You are basically requesting a Statement from God, in His Words, that says.... "I accept your blood sacrifice".
ha no, sorry, let me be clearer, i am demanding that Statement from a literal/determinist believer--God has already made plain, more than once, that He neither desires nor requires any blood sacrifices, and never, ever did, not even OT, that is all expalined later see--and then whatever rejoinder is employed against that i will then be justified in using against them elsewhere, when they suddenly wanna go all "spiritual" at some other interp,

but really i mean pls, if you can't Quote God accepting any literal blood sacrifices anywhere yet it is such a required premise of your belief system i hardly expect you to agree that it literally needs to be in there ok, the point is more for others to witness how literalists flip to spiritualists arbitrarily, in order to retain their premises at all costs, and to hell with what the cards actually say, something we all do ok

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha no, sorry, let me be clearer, i am demanding that Statement from a literal/determinist believer--God has already made plain, more than once, that He neither desires nor requires any blood sacrifices, and never, ever did, not even OT....

Not so.

Have already given you references to specific Scriptures. Not going to read them FOR you, and can not understand them FOR you.

Glory to God,
Taken

yasoooo

Oct 15, 2017
usa
Faith
Muslim
Country
Andorra
This is what the non-Muslims say read, and think about it, if you follow the scientific method of thinking is, get this result ....

You may have heard of the book, wrote a researcher from the West on "The one hundred most influential people in history," The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History, and what I noticed is that this classification itself surprised the author, before anyone else!

This author has to stay away great effort from this classification, made, and in particular, because the image of Islam has been distorted in the West bad, and because it could hurt the book, but he was able to escape this truth that Muhammad "peace and blessings of Allah upon Him was the most influential man "in the history of mankind is!

Michael H. Hart, author of the book says:

Dear readers, they may wonder why I have the name "Mohammed" is placed on the top of the list in this book, but there are compelling arguments that Muhammad is the only man who succeeded on both levels, religious and secular is. The influence of Muhammad's still as strak despite the passage of 14 centuries, and Muhammad is the only political leader who has managed to create a sovereign, who was very religious and scientifically successful, so he deserves the single most influential person in history to be:

It is this unparalleled combination of secular and religious influence which i feel entitles Muhammad to be Considered the most influential single figure in human history.

The author of this research laid the foundation for the scientific work that is not of religion or faith, fame, or otherwise affected, but the method in the book is a selection of a person who is most influential in the course of centuries. Therefore, the scientific method led him to the Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him to put on the top of the list, because he was the biggest political, military and social person. This means that everyone who looks to the Prophet of Islam through scientific perspective, see him as the best inspiration.

This also means that those who represent Islam and its prophet as a terrorist religion, or assert that Islam violence, backwardness and ignorance support, they build their image or their views on conjecture, passion and ignorance. The Holy Prophet's view of itself as a servant of Allah, and the Messenger of Allah, and that he is just as human as we are, and this is a proof of its truth, because no one like him in the history of mankind a great book (the Koran) , Blessed Embassy and innovative ideas has made, and established a strong state, and did so much .... and then says, all of this is not mine, but from The Almighty Allah!

If we look at the writers, poets and inventors through the centuries, we find that none of them, the new invention or creation has made, and it has attributed to someone else! Just as it is with an illiterate man who lived in a society that prizes and bragging very loved, and came with all these achievements, and led her back to the Almighty Allah ... Why? The logic requires us to say: He is the Messenger of Allah.

Why is a non-Muslim scholars like Michael H. Hart, who did not convert to Islam, and then says: Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the only political leader who succeeded on both the religious and the secular level? ! The answer is very simple, Muhammad (peace be upon him) is breits good! I'm going to ask this question to anyone who doubts the sincerity of the Prophet: Is there a man in all of history that has made something great, and then attributed to someone else?

Yes, there are the prophets of Allah peace be upon them, including the Prophet Mohammad, who had been the last of the prophets, and Allah said about him ("Say," "O people, I am a messenger of Allah to you all, enabling the Kingdom of the heavens and the earth. there is no god but Him. He gives life and causes death. So believe in Allah and His Messenger, the Prophet who is illiterate, of Allah and His words believes, and follows him, that ye may be guided "") [Al-Araf: 158]..

MashaAllah what a wonderful role model for all humanity we have in our beloved Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

\\\

Someone told me

I find little to argue with about this. Mohammed was one of the most influential figures in history not only because he inspired a religion, but because that religion swept across the world. During the Dark Ages, Islam led the world in science and technology, and for that reason is entitled to respect. It’s truly a tragedy that certain hateful and war-like factions are giving it such a bad name today

yasoooo

Oct 15, 2017
usa
Faith
Muslim
Country
Andorra
In the Quran Allaah informs us that He revealed a number of books, including the pages of Prophet Abraham (Ibraaheem may Allaah exalt his mention), the Psalms of Prophet David (Daawood may Allaah exalt his mention), the Torah of Prophet Moses (Moosaa may Allaah exalt his mention), the Injeel (Gospel) of Prophet Jesus (‘Eesaa may Allaah exalt his mention), and finally, the Quran of Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ).

Of these revealed texts only the Quran remains intact in its original form. All of the others (as complete books) have been lost, their remains have survived only as fragments or tampered with in some way so as to make their authenticity doubtful. Nowhere in the Quran is the Bible even mentioned, to say nothing of its being among the revealed texts of Allah, or as Christian claim “The Word of God.” Further, we know from respected scholars that although some fragments of the Psalms, the Torah, and the Injeel (the teachings of Prophet Jesus) may be found in the Bible, comprised of the Old and New Testaments, the Bible cannot rightfully be called “The Word of God.” Why is this so?

As one publisher (Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois) stated: “The Bible may look like one book, but it is actually sixty-six books in one. Thirty-nine books make up what we call the Old Testament, and twenty-seven make up the New Testament. It is possible that more than forty writers were used by God to write all sixty-six books.” (Quoted from the “Holy Bible” – New Living Translation, Gift & Award Edition, l997, p. vii)

So if the Bible is neither narrated by God nor written by Him, and, as such, is not ‘the word of God,’ then what is it? By any objective criteria, the Bible is a book containing a compilation of stories, legends, folk tales, folk lore, myths, sagas, narratives,

poetry, fragments of scriptures (fragments from the Psalms, the Torah, and the Injeel as already mentioned), letters (esp. in New Testament), visions, dreams, accounts of events from doubtful sources (not eye witnesses), editors’ or scribes’ notes, as well as human errors.

For those who believe in it, it is a book that has historical, cultural, moral and ethical values, and a source of spiritual teaching and guidance. It is a book held in high esteem, primarily by Christians who see it as a divine book and the source of their religious beliefs. But, in the final analysis it is only a book with many limitations and imperfections which disqualify it from being called “The Word of God.” Whoever makes such a claim then the burden of proof rests with him. On the contrary, the Glorious

Quran is the Speech of Allaah and, through the Angel Gabriel, was revealed to Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ); later compiled into a book more than 14 centuries ago it remains preserved in its original form until today.

Some common misunderstandings about the Bible include the following:

The Bible is one book, the Old Testament. The Bible contains sixty-six books (or more depending upon the denomination one belongs to).

The Old Testament (OT) is the Torah followed by the Jews. The OT contains some fragments of the Torah which was lost and the Psalms, but the Talmud is the book followed by the Jews and is totally unrelated to the Bible.

The New Testament (NT) is the Gospel of Prophet Jesus, or the Injeel. It is neither. It is made up of twenty-seven books, none of which was narrated or written by Prophet Jesus although the NT may contain fragments of the Injeel (sayings and teachings of Prophet Jesus). The Injeel as revealed through Prophet Jesus has been lost. The fragments which may be cited in the NT may not be authentic or in their proper context. So it is erroneous to equate the NT with the Injeel mentioned in the Quran.

The Bible is a holy book, narrated, dictated by God and is infallible. While this is a claim, this misconception has already been addressed. Since the Bible is ‘only’ a book, there is no need to call it a forgery, a corrupted text, etc. The Quran is the only authentic “Word of God,” His Speech, and Allah has promised to protect it from distortion of any kind until the Day of Judgment and He has kept His promise. Not one letter or syllable has been changed over the past l4 centuries

yasoooo

Oct 15, 2017
usa
Faith
Muslim
Country
Andorra
the rite of sacrifice also owes its origin to the Prophet Ibrahim (peace be upon him) and his obedient son. He had received a Divine Command to sacrifice his beloved son. Both of them stood the test with credit. The Prophet Ibrahim (peace be upon him) decided to fulfil the vision on one hand whereas the Prophet Isma'il (peace be upon him) was ready with alacrity to lay down his life to win the favour and pleasure of Allah. While they were proceeding towards Mina for the performance of the solemn duty, Satan tried to dissuade them from their firm resolve but to no effect. The Prophet Ibrahim

(peace be upon him) passed the sharp knife over the throat of his son but an angel turned the knife upside down and a heavenly message forbade the act. The Prophet Ibrahim (peace be upon him) was desired to sacrifice in lieu of his son, a ram. So he slaughtered a well-fed ram presented by Allah.

The Story of Prophets Ibrahim and Ismail (as) - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpyH3rP5jNY

yasoooo

Oct 15, 2017
usa
Faith
Muslim
Country
Andorra
Intoxication risks

Intoxication is the most common cause of alcohol-related problems, leading to injuries and premature deaths. As a result, intoxication accounts for two-thirds of the years of life lost from drinking. Alcohol is responsible for:

30% of road accidents
44% of fire injuries
34% of falls and drownings
16% of child abuse cases
12% of suicides
10% of industrial accidents

As well as deaths, short-term effects of alcohol result in illness and loss of work productivity (e.g. hangovers, drink driving offences). In addition, alcohol contributes to criminal behaviour - in Australia over 70% of prisoners convicted of violent assaults have drunk alcohol before committing the offence and more than 40% of domestic violence incidents involve alcohol.
Long-term effects

Each year approximately 3000 people die in Australia as a result of excessive alcohol consumption and around 65 000 people are hospitalised. Long-term excessive alcohol consumption is associated with:

heart damage
high blood pressure and stroke
liver damage
cancers of the digestive system
other digestive system disorders (e.g. stomach ulcers)
sexual impotence and reduced fertility
increasing risk of breast cancer
sleeping difficulties
brain damage with mood and personality changes
concentration and memory problems

In addition to health problems, alcohol also impacts on relationships, finances, work, and may result in legal problems.
Tolerance and Dependence

A regular drinker may develop tolerance and dependence. Tolerance means that they feel less effect than they used to with the same amount of alcohol. Dependence means that the alcohol becomes central in their life - a lot of time is spent thinking about alcohol, obtaining it, consuming it and recovering from it. The person will find it difficult to stop drinking or to control the amount consumed.
Withdrawal

Someone who is physically dependent on alcohol will experience withdrawal symptoms when they stop drinking or substantially reduce their intake. Symptoms usually commence 6-24 hours after the last drink, last for about 5 days and include:

tremor
nausea
anxiety
depression
sweating
headache
difficulty sleeping (may last several weeks)

Alcohol withdrawal can be very dangerous; people drinking more than 8 standard drinks a day are advised to discuss a decision to stop drinking with a doctor as medical treatment may be required to prevent complications.
The Mother of Every Evil

One day, as he came out from his mosque, the Prophet Muhammad, may God send praises upon him, noticed his cousin and son-in-law, Ali b. Abi Talib, visibly upset. When the concerned Prophet asked Ali what was troubling him, Ali simply pointed to the bloody carcass of his dearly cherished camel - no ordinary camel, but the war-weathered camel that Ali would mount in his valiant defense of the Prophet and Islam on the battlefield. Ali told the Prophet that one of their uncles had been responsible for the unsanctioned slaughter of his animal, and so the Prophet went to ascertain his (i.e. the uncle's) side of the story.

Entering in the presence of his uncle, the Prophet found him drunk with wine. Upon seeing the displeasure in his nephew's face, the uncle knew at once, despite his intoxication, that the Prophet had come to question him about Ali's beast of war. With nothing good to say in his defense, the guilt-ridden, drunken uncle blurted out to his nephew: "You and your father are my slaves!" The Prophet's only response to the blasphemous outburst was to exclaim: "Truly, alcohol is the mother of every evil!"

And so, from the biography of the Prophet Muhammad we learn a weighty lesson as regards the colossal and evil consequences of alcoholic drink. Any one of the alcohol-inspired acts in this short episode from the blessed Prophet's life would suffice the reader as an admonition: whether it be the culling of Ali's camel, the drunken state of an uncle of a Prophet of God - let alone His last and final messenger to mankind - or the wicked insult he spewed out against him and his own

deceased brother, who was no less than the father of the Prophet of God. How much worse then when we consider all these crimes together? Not to mention the many evils indirectly resulting from the uncle's consumption of the alcohol, such as the loss to the Muslim community of one its battle-hardened steeds of war, or the pain, anguish and, perhaps, embarrassment that Muhammad must have felt at this tragic family affair. No doubt, it was precisely because the Prophet recognized that it was the alcohol that gave birth to and nurtured all these foul sins that he denounced it as: "the mother of every evil