Famine In The Last Days

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What did Jesus free us from?
Death and the consequence of sin, it no longer has any bearing once one believes, you know this part,

Joh_16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh_16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Are you the Holy Spirit or dont you believe, it can only be one or teh other.

When Christ comes will HE find faith upon the earth, its going to be a struggle, there seems to be a famine of that.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Death and the consequence of sin, it no longer has any bearing once one believes, you know this part,

Joh_16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh_16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Are you the Holy Spirit or dont you believe, it can only be one or teh other.

When Christ comes will HE find faith upon the earth, its going to be a struggle, there seems to be a famine of that.

So Christians can sin with no consequences of death? Is that what you believe?

Or is the reason there are no consequences because a Christians does nothing that requires judgment, because supernaturally a Christian no longer desires to sin?

Which do you believe? I hope you are not so ignorant of the power of God or so foolish as to believe the first one!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What separated man from God in the first place?

SIN!

That is why Jesus came, to repair the damage done by sin, and to make us children of God and no longer sinners who commit the one thing that could separate us again from God. Sin!

You seem to believe that Jesus came to just take our punishment, so we can go on sinning. What foolishness! You have no idea about the absolute holiness of God. Heaven will be filled with the righteous and holy, not those who love sin. It is either obedience to Jesus, or obedience to the devil and sin. Which will you keep choosing, because you can't mix the two.
I have wondered about this. Eve allowed herself to hearken to the voice of the serpent, and then Adam allowed himself to hearken to Eve. They lost their spiritual covering. I see Jesus as coming to give us the correct spiritual covering.

We need to be very careful about who or what we listen to. We are on safe ground only when we listen, hear and obey what we hear from God.

Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Genesis does not explicitly use the word "idolatry" about it; but it seems to me that Adam and Eve allowed something to stand in the "holy place" where God should have been. Is it a stretch to see it as an abomination that made them desolate?

Those who have never heard the Voice of God can be excused temporarily. There is hope for them that they can be brought to the point where they receive the Holy Spirit. Those who have heard the Voice of God should never hearken to other voices when they urge people to disobey God.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So Christians can sin with no consequences of death? Is that what you believe?

Or is the reason there are no consequences because a Christians does nothing that requires judgment, because supernaturally a Christian no longer desires to sin?

Which do you believe? I hope you are not so ignorant of the power of God or so foolish as to believe the first one!!!

The only thing in this place that will get you and everyone into heaven is Gods grace and faith, so if you for one moment t think you are going to be able to stand before God and boast of sinlessness, you are in for a rude shock, you sin everytime you come here and tell people they are sinners, you sin every time you oppose God and declare to Him that those who believe in Him are not good enough, because that says to Him that His Grace is not enough and neither was the works He did, and that their faith according to you is worth nothing,

Luk 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
Luk 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
Luk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

We are justified because of what Christ did, not because of what we do. Be careful you dont put yourself in that high seat at the table its a long way to the bottom

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only thing in this place that will get you and everyone into heaven is Gods grace and faith, so if you for one moment t think you are going to be able to stand before God and boast of sinlessness, you are in for a rude shock, you sin everytime you come here and tell people they are sinners, you sin every time you oppose God and declare to Him that those who believe in Him are not good enough, because that says to Him that His Grace is not enough and neither was the works He did, and that their faith according to you is worth nothing,

Luk 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
Luk 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
Luk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

We are justified because of what Christ did, not because of what we do. Be careful you dont put yourself in that high seat at the table its a long way to the bottom

You still don't get it do you, even when I spelled it out for you. It is not ME striving to be sinless, it is because supernaturally a Christian no longer desires to sin. Am I supernatural, or is the Holy Spirit INSIDE me supernatural? And that is BECAUSE of what Christ did and the gift He gave us, if, indeed you have repented to become born again. And I will repeat, I hope you are not so ignorant of the power of God or so foolish as to believe the first one!!! Which was, "So Christians can sin with no consequences of death? Is that what you believe?"

Yep, you chose door number one, and it was a zonko!

You are absolutely clueless of the baptism of the Holy Spirit and being born again. You better wake up, or put on sunscreen!

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You still don't get it do you, even when I spelled it out for you. It is not ME striving to be sinless, it is because supernaturally a Christian no longer desires to sin. Am I supernatural, or is the Holy Spirit INSIDE me supernatural? And I will repeat, I hope you are not so ignorant of the power of God or so foolish as to believe the first one!!! Which was, "So Christians can sin with no consequences of death? Is that what you believe?"

Yep, you chose door number one, and it was a jonko!

You are absolutely clueless of the baptism of the Holy Spirit and being born again. You better wake up, or put on sunscreen!
Go on tell Christ that what HE did was not good enough, go tell Hm that those who believe are not good enough, than when you are done telling Him that His works are worthless and grace is nothing than you can go tell us we are all sinners, because it is only if grace has no power that we are. A famine yes, of Grace, truth, and love, man wanted a world without God, now he has his Godless world, and religion to make it worse.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go on tell Christ that what HE did was not good enough, go tell Hm that those who believe are not good enough, than when you are done telling Him that His works are worthless and grace is nothing than you can go tell us we are all sinners, because it is only if grace has no power that we are. A famine yes, of Grace, truth, and love, man wanted a world without God, now he has his Godless world, and religion to make it worse.

Wow, it is BECAUSE OF WHAT CHRIST DID that He can give us His Spirit to empowers us to be sinless and reconciled to the Father. Those who still sin have never received His Spirit, and do not belong to Christ. Romans 8:9; John 8:34-36

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wow, it is BECAUSE OF WHAT CHRIST DID that He can give us His Spirit to empowers us to be sinless and reconciled to the Father. Those who still sin have never received His Spirit, and do not belong to Christ. Romans 8:9; John 8:34-36
YE I know you havnt figured it out yet, so you are going to sit there and tell all the believers who trust Him they are not good enough because they are not like you, Jesus doesnt want us to be like you, He only desires we believe, you know that Bit, "have faith in God"...

But please, go ahead and tell Him His grace is not sufficient, if you must. most dont believe it is, thats why they all need to prove them,selves to Him, by their works, religion, study, the law, like I said, a lack of faith, it has being a long famine of faith.,

2Co 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

I guess we will just trust Him who is the truth and in whom there is no lie.
Will HE find faith...??? If its good enough for Him its good enough for us.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YE I know you havnt figured it out yet, so you are going to sit there and tell all the believers who trust Him they are not good enough because they are not like you, Jesus doesnt want us to be like you, He only desires we believe, you know that Bit, "have faith in God"...

But please, go ahead and tell Him His grace is not sufficient, if you must. most dont believe it is, thats why they all need to prove them,selves to Him, by their works, religion, study, the law, like I said, a lack of faith, it has being a long famine of faith.,

2Co 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

I guess we will just trust Him who is the truth and in whom there is no lie.
Will HE find faith...??? If its good enough for Him its good enough for us.

Possibly you haven't experienced His grace to know what it is. Grace is the divine power of God to truly know Jesus and to become like Him, having escaped the lusts that are in the world. 2 Peter 1:2-4. In other words, He frees our desires from being a slave to sin and puts new desires within us through His baptism of fire John the Baptist spoke of. Because of what Jesus did for us, those who repent of their weakness to sin, He gives His life changing power, the Spirit of Christ, to dwell inside us, changing our very nature and desires to partake of the divine nature of God and to naturally hate sin and love righteousness. It is not me doing anything, but doing what comes naturally to the new nature, rather than fighting against the old nature that you are referring to and rightly so. A Christian does not have to struggle to be righteous.

It takes more than knowing about Him, but truly knowing Him from abiding IN Him, and He in us. I went to church for 30 years BEFORE truly repenting and receiving His Spirit. The change overnight was the difference between night and day. That is literally being born again. And we MUST be born again to be saved. So it is a sobering thought to know I wasn't born again and saved for the first 30 years, but during that time the Holy Spirit was in the process of drawing me to full surrender.

So knowing I wasn't saved for 30 years, is it any wonder my number one subject is about sin, and to get "Christians" saved, who only think they are?

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A Christian does not have to struggle to be righteous.
Exactly because they became righteous when they believed. But about the Holy Spirit one must truly believe because that is When we receive Him,I agree about the surrendering, but sin, that is teh Holy Spirits problem not yours. We are here to lead men to Christ not be like the devil and condemn them for not being perfect, that is what Christ died for.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... the REAL famine for the end times is a famine for hearing The Word of The LORD. ...

If this malarkey were TRUE, then I suppose I could buy A QUART OF "SERMON" FOR A DAYS WAGES.

What a gull a bull. -- Bugs Bunny
Bobby Jo

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If this malarkey were TRUE, then I suppose I could buy A QUART OF "SERMON" FOR A DAYS WAGES.

What a gull a bull. -- Bugs Bunny
Bobby Jo
Than you better start saving up because few are listening. The truth is a rare commodity these days

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bobby Jo said:
If this malarkey were TRUE, then I suppose I could buy A QUART OF "SERMON" FOR A DAYS WAGES.​

T ... truth is a rare commodity these days

Scripture is TRUTH, and YOU DISAGREE with Scripture ...

'nuff said.
Bobby Jo

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Bobby Jo said:
If this malarkey were TRUE, then I suppose I could buy A QUART OF "SERMON" FOR A DAYS WAGES.​

Scripture is TRUTH, and YOU DISAGREE with Scripture ...

'nuff said.
Bobby Jo

Yes I agree with this statement that scripture is truth but what most are having trouble with is your particular interpretation is, of that same truth.

The sting/barb that you wrote that you disagree with scripture is false in that we all disagree with each other because of our interpretation of that said truth in scripture in contention.

Perhaps it is time for you to be honest with yourself concerning the validity of your perceived "truth."

Reactions: Spurgeon's Girl

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Scripture is TRUTH, and YOU DISAGREE with Scripture
Christ is the truth many read scripture and still stand and fight against Him, like He said "in scripture".

Joh 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

and that is why men

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Because men dont believe Christ who is the truth and in whom there is no lie

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because men dont believe Christ who is the truth and in whom there is no lie

So why don't you believe there will be a LITERAL FAMINE (Shortage of FOOD), when a Quart of Wheat costs a Day's Wages?!?

And so the corollary to your assertion: Jesus doesn't lie but men DO! :)
Bobby Jo

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So why don't you believe there will be a LITERAL FAMINE (Shortage of FOOD), when a Quart of Wheat costs a Day's Wages?!?

And so the corollary to your assertion: Jesus doesn't lie but men DO! :)
Bobby Jo
Something like that its in your bible, Let all men be liars but God is true, or something like that, funny how so many get angry when you mention Jesus. As for the shortage of food, where did I say i dont believe it, its coming. Are you ready??

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what you have against the teaching that Jesus takes away our sin. That is not man's way, but IS God's way. Just the opposite of what you are accusing. Are you one of those that believes Jesus just came to take our punishment, but would not change us in any way? That is a false doctrine of man, FOR SURE!

You might want to look at what you posted again, because your subject was NOT just about Christ's sacrifice on the cross for us, WHICH I HAVE NEVER REJECTED BY THE WAY, but YOU have borne a FALSE WITNESS against me by just SUGGESTING I could be against that! That places YOU in the category of LIAR in my book.

The "defeatism" you TRIED to slap on me, you actually slapped on The Word of God and you're too blinded to spiritually know it!

Christ's and His Apostle's warnings against deception at the end of this world is NEVER about "defeatism" by those of His who give that warning today also! Those who would be against those 'warnings' written in God's Word are antichrists, because the devil is who doesn't want those warnings to go out to the brethren today! So you might want to check some of the doctrines of men you exhibit, and get back into God's Word and quit relying on man.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What separated man from God in the first place?

SIN!

That is why Jesus came, to repair the damage done by sin, and to make us children of God and no longer sinners who commit the one thing that could separate us again from God. Sin!

You seem to believe that Jesus came to just take our punishment, so we can go on sinning. What foolishness! You have no idea about the absolute holiness of God. Heaven will be filled with the righteous and holy, not those who love sin. It is either obedience to Jesus, or obedience to the devil and sin. Which will you keep choosing, because you can't mix the two.

Jesus said all manner of sin can be forgiven, except blasphemy against The Holy Spirit, which is called the unpardonable sin.

But the TOPIC OF THIS THREAD is about the Amos 8 prophecy God gave about the end of this world, with the famine for hearing The Word of God. And one of the MAIN subjects for Christ's servants in His Word regarding the 'end' of this world are about the SIGNS of the end Jesus gave us to be watching! Repentance of sin for believers is covered in 1 John 1, which is A DIFFERENT SUBJECT than this thread. So you might want to start your own thread on sin, instead of trying to hijack this one.