Famine In The Last Days

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Christians can sin with no consequences of death? Is that what you believe?

Or is the reason there are no consequences because a Christians does nothing that requires judgment, because supernaturally a Christian no longer desires to sin?

Which do you believe? I hope you are not so ignorant of the power of God or so foolish as to believe the first one!!!

THREAD HIJACKER PUSHING FODDER.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
there was an old movie 90s-2010 that is related to that verse but i have forgotten the title of it but it was apocalyptic a lot of people do not even know the word of God but there was this one guy who has a book of it and another guy who is searching for it but can't find but when he does he cannot understand a thing

well it's just a movie what really matters is the word of God

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Death and the consequence of sin, it no longer has any bearing once one believes, you know this part,

Joh_16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh_16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Are you the Holy Spirit or dont you believe, it can only be one or teh other.

When Christ comes will HE find faith upon the earth, its going to be a struggle, there seems to be a famine of that.
from my perspective that verse is not about the literal faith but spiritual faith so you still have to do work... likewise i am not talking about the literal meaning of work and God knows i really am not because the work i know is by working in his word not in this world you have to take up the cross/burden and follow christ

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thus the REAL famine for the end times is a famine for hearing The Word of The LORD. The meaning is NOT understanding His Word.

With the number of Christian brethren that simply will not... study God's Word for their self, this famine of understanding has become obvious today. In return they have made themselves easy prey for the wolves in sheep's clothing that creep into Christ's Church.

Jesus said all manner of sin can be forgiven, except blasphemy against The Holy Spirit, which is called the unpardonable sin.

But the TOPIC OF THIS THREAD is about the Amos 8 prophecy God gave about the end of this world, with the famine for hearing The Word of God. And one of the MAIN subjects for Christ's servants in His Word regarding the 'end' of this world are about the SIGNS of the end Jesus gave us to be watching! Repentance of sin for believers is covered in 1 John 1, which is A DIFFERENT SUBJECT than this thread. So you might want to start your own thread on sin, instead of trying to hijack this one.

What I'm saying is in line with the OP. Understanding the Word of God. The gospel (the good news) is about Christ freeing us from sin. Sin is the number one issue. So I don't need to start a different topic, it affects every issue in Christianity.

Reactions: Nancy

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I'm saying is in line with the OP. Understanding the Word of God. The gospel (the good news) is about Christ freeing us from sin. Sin is the number one issue. So I don't need to start a different topic, it affects every issue in Christianity.

Your focus is on SIN, and whether what Jesus sacrifice on His cross saves us from sin or not, not the famine mentioned in Amos 8 for the end of this world of looking for the Word of God and not finding it. The Amos 8 Message is about believers also, 'searching', not about those who don't know what to look for. Read the Scripture, get its flow in the mind. Notice who God is speaking to, and then notice the endtime symbols He gives:

Amos 8:7-13
7 The LORD hath sworn by the excellency of Jacob, Surely I will never forget any of their works.

8 Shall not the land tremble for this, and every one mourn that dwelleth therein? and it shall rise up wholly as a flood; and it shall be cast out and drowned, as by the flood of Egypt.

9 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord GOD, that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the clear day:

10 And I will turn your feasts into mourning, and all your songs into lamentation; and I will bring up sackcloth upon all loins, and baldness upon every head; and I will make it as the mourning of an only son, and the end thereof as a bitter day.

11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.

13 In that day shall the fair virgins and young men faint for thirst.
KJV

The 8 and 9 verses have symbols related to the endtimes, repeated in Revelation and by Lord Jesus in His Olivet discourse. Jesus was speaking to the foundation of His Church in His Olivet discourse about events leading up to His 2nd coming (Matt.24; Mark 13; Luke 21).

Verse 12 says they will run to and fro seeking The Word of The LORD, but they won't find it. So that's not the idea of those who haven't yet heard The Gospel. It's about brethren that are looking for understand about what's going on in the end. That is a Message for not hearing or understanding God's Truth in the last days.

There's a literal famine for understanding in His Word today; forums like this one are solid evidence of this prophecy being fulfilled today. Believers aren't getting spiritually fed by their Church 'systems of men', so they go online looking for clarification, study, etc. Problem with going online is, there's no guarantee you won't run into the wolves working for the devil, and cause you even more deception against The Word of God.

Understanding can ONLY come from God through His Son. Only Lord Jesus is worthy to open the Seals for us to understand these last days.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your focus is on SIN, and whether what Jesus sacrifice on His cross saves us from sin or not, not the famine mentioned in Amos 8 for the end of this world of looking for the Word of God and not finding it. The Amos 8 Message is about believers also, 'searching', not about those who don't know what to look for. Read the Scripture, get its flow in the mind. Notice who God is speaking to, and then notice the endtime symbols He gives:

Amos 8:7-13
7 The LORD hath sworn by the excellency of Jacob, Surely I will never forget any of their works.

8 Shall not the land tremble for this, and every one mourn that dwelleth therein? and it shall rise up wholly as a flood; and it shall be cast out and drowned, as by the flood of Egypt.

9 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord GOD, that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the clear day:

10 And I will turn your feasts into mourning, and all your songs into lamentation; and I will bring up sackcloth upon all loins, and baldness upon every head; and I will make it as the mourning of an only son, and the end thereof as a bitter day.

11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.

13 In that day shall the fair virgins and young men faint for thirst.
KJV

The 8 and 9 verses have symbols related to the endtimes, repeated in Revelation and by Lord Jesus in His Olivet discourse. Jesus was speaking to the foundation of His Church in His Olivet discourse about events leading up to His 2nd coming (Matt.24; Mark 13; Luke 21).

Verse 12 says they will run to and fro seeking The Word of The LORD, but they won't find it. So that's not the idea of those who haven't yet heard The Gospel. It's about brethren that are looking for understand about what's going on in the end. That is a Message for not hearing or understanding God's Truth in the last days.

There's a literal famine for understanding in His Word today; forums like this one are solid evidence of this prophecy being fulfilled today. Believers aren't getting spiritually fed by their Church 'systems of men', so they go online looking for clarification, study, etc. Problem with going online is, there's no guarantee you won't run into the wolves working for the devil, and cause you even more deception against The Word of God.

Understanding can ONLY come from God through His Son. Only Lord Jesus is worthy to open the Seals for us to understand these last days.

Do you recognize that the Great Tribulation will start in less that 18 months? Do you know that Christ will be here in less than 10 years? Do you know that this verse will be here in 9 years? Do you know that there will be no hope for unsaved Gentiles once the Great Tribulation starts? Do you know that much of the Church is under a false doctrine BECAUSE they do not understand the Word of God regarding sin?

I Do.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you recognize that the Great Tribulation will start in less that 18 months? Do you know that Christ will be here in less than 10 years? Do you know that this verse will be here in 9 years? Do you know that there will be no hope for unsaved Gentiles once the Great Tribulation starts? Do you know that much of the Church is under a false doctrine BECAUSE they do not understand the Word of God regarding sin?

I Do.

Sorry, I'm not impressed by your attempt at date setting, for it is written that no man knows the day or hour of Christ's coming.

We are to be watching the SIGNS Lord Jesus gave leading up to His 2nd coming. Your date setting skips that, so those like you are NOT to be listened to, unless one wants to be deceived.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, I'm not impressed by your attempt at date setting, for it is written that no man knows the day or hour of Christ's coming.

We are to be watching the SIGNS Lord Jesus gave leading up to His 2nd coming. Your date setting skips that, so those like you are NOT to be listened to, unless one wants to be deceived.

Funny that the OP is about understanding the Word and not be in a famine of not understanding and yet you don't know that it is only the day nor the hour, leaving us responsible to know the season.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny that the OP is about understanding the Word and not be in a famine of not understanding and yet you don't know that it is only the day nor the hour, leaving us responsible to know the season.

1 Thessalonians 5:1-3
"Now concerning the times and the seasons, brothers, you have no need to have anything written to you. For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape."

Yep, we sure can know the "season"...just not the day or hour because God the Father has not "spoken" it yet. That is my opinion as Christ is The "Word"...and can that be why He Himself did not know? Hmmm.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Thessalonians 5:1-3
"Now concerning the times and the seasons, brothers, you have no need to have anything written to you. For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape."

Yep, we sure can know the "season"...just not the day or hour because God the Father has not "spoken" it yet. That is my opinion as Christ is The "Word"...and can that be why He Himself did not know? Hmmm.

Nanc, it will only be as a thief in the night to those who are unaware of His coming, and don't know His Word. That's not us!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi Davy,
CL was not setting dates of Christ's return but of the "seasons" and the tribulation period...unless certain events take place first I can agree with her 100%.

Reactions: CharismaticLady

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nanc, it will only be as a thief in the night to those who are unaware of His coming, and don't know His Word. That's not us!

Yes, agree sister. I was bolding the actual things Christ told us (Christians) to look for...seasons? We do know because we have it written out for us and the Holy Spirit quickens... :)

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, agree sister. I was bolding the actual things Christ told us (Christians) to look for...seasons? We do know because we have it written out for us and the Holy Spirit quickens... :)

Discerning the work of Satan, isn't it interesting that there are many who badger me on warning about sin? I know of three in the last week! The false doctrine that we are free from the law and the consequences of sin is a doctrine of demons that Satan doesn't want light shined on. He would rather we be apathetic on sin and believe in OSAS, and treat grace as licentiousness.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Discerning the work of Satan, isn't it interesting that there are many who badger me on warning about sin? I know of three in the last week! The false doctrine that we are free from the law and the consequences of sin is a doctrine of demons that Satan doesn't want light shined on. He would rather we be apathetic on sin and believe in OSAS, and treat grace as licentiousness.

Sin is the ONLY thing our loving God HATES...so, should we not give it more weight? Shouldn't our lives show that sin is shedding, as an old, dead skin? It has lost it's flavor and will, if we continue in the race, lose more and more power over us. I know we do have differences concerning this, but it all comes out in the end! :)

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is the ONLY thing our loving God HATES...so, should we not give it more weight? Shouldn't our lives show that sin is shedding, as an old, dead skin? It has lost it's flavor and will, if we continue in the race, lose more and more power over us. I know we do have differences concerning this, but it all comes out in the end! :)

Hebrews 10:25
25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

"The Day" is coming very soon, what should we be exhorting each other over. Shouldn't we be concerned that everyone is truly saved, and will not have these words said to us:

Matthew 7:21-23
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!

cc: @Davy

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Im not surprised, Jesus took care of it all, according to you He hasnt. Yes always trying to add the law, satans favorite thing to burden people with, and sin, keep doing it.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When you 'try' to set a date, that is a false attempt at saying the 'day' and 'hour' of Jesus' coming. No man knows that, like Jesus Himself said. So you're were not talking about the 'season'.

The "times and the seasons" that Apostle Paul spoke of (1 Thess.5) involve the SIGNS leading up to Christ's return, as Paul was giving us a huge SIGN there with the "day of the Lord" coming "as a thief in the night", repeating the 'thief' metaphor Lord Jesus taught in His Olivet discourse. Saying His coming is less than 18 months away instead is date setting, and not following the SIGNS to know the 'season'. There are still some very major... SIGNS given that are yet to happen today, and it could be a whole lot longer than 18 months for those to come to pass.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Davy,
CL was not setting dates of Christ's return but of the "seasons" and the tribulation period...unless certain events take place first I can agree with her 100%.

It is date setting. No one yet knows when the time of "great tribulation" will start.

Once again, the "times and the seasons" Apostle Paul taught in 1 Thess.5 involve marking a time when the deceived and wicked will be saying, "Peace and safety", and then shortly thereafter "sudden destruction" happens upon them, marking the "day of the Lord" coming "as a thief in the night" that Jesus taught, which is the day Jesus showed when He comes.

That time when they will be saying that "Peace and safety" is for the time of 'great tribulation' at the very end of this world, a time when ALL wars have stopped, and the Antichrist is revealed in Jerusalem, claiming to be God, working great signs and wonders, and the whole... world falling away to worship him in place of God, and those us who remain faithful to Jesus refusing to bow to that false one, and being hated by the whole world for it. We are quite a ways yet from those SIGNS of the end given in God's Word.

So saying those things will be done in less than 18 months is a false prophecy, and is akin to date setting. We do not know how long before those actual SIGNS take place. We may spiritually 'feel' the time of great tribulation coming, the birth pangs getting shorter, but we still do not know the actual time yet.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 10:25
25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

"The Day" is coming very soon, what should we be exhorting each other over. Shouldn't we be concerned that everyone is truly saved, and will not have these words said to us:

Matthew 7:21-23
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!

cc: @Davy

One of the greatest sins possible to commit is for the very end of this world with falling away to worship the coming "another Jesus" that comes first, in place of our Lord Jesus Christ Who comes later. That is who Lord Jesus will be saying for those to get away from Him, that He never knew them. It will be because He warned His servants about this major event at the very end, but those, the five foolish virgins, didn't pay His warnings any heed, and thus were deceived by the coming Antichrist in our near future.

So if you want to talk about sin, then WHY aren't you warning the brethren about that coming sin event of falling away to the coming false-Messiah in Jerusalem in our near future? There's even whole Protestant Church systems today that are preaching to join in with the unbelieving Jew's plans for building their new temple and starting the old covenant worship again! Why aren't you warning the brethren about that coming sin???

No, what you have been taught by the false crept in unawares, is to bugger brethren about the little slip ups they may commit, trying to make the brethren feel guilty, toying with their Faith on The Father and The Son as if they aren't saved, when you OUGHT to be WARNING the brethren of the HUGE DECEPTION that is coming upon Christ's Church in our near future by the Antichrist!

And Lord Jesus gave you specific metaphors to seal His warning against falling away to the coming false-Messiah, but have you listened? No, you have not, otherwise you would realize what it means for those 'with child' at the end...

Luke 21:22-23
22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.

KJV

Luke 23:27-30
27 And there followed Him a great company of people, and of women, which also bewailed and lamented Him.
28 But Jesus turning unto them said, "Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not for Me, but weep for yourselves, and for your children.
29 For, behold, the days are coming, in the which they shall say, 'Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bare, and the paps which never gave suck.'
30 Then shall they begin to say to the mountains, 'Fall on us; and to the hills, Cover us.'"
KJV