Famous quote from Habakkuk

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Brother I value everything you post, because you don’t seem to Lord it as many do if that makes since? I read the article, Israel as the wife I understood this previously. Where I get Jambed up is he’s promised us children, the New Testament language is spiritualy rich with it. He wouldn’t have children out of wedlock. I believe it’s already been consummated and is being consummated continually now.
Thank-you for your comment. I think part of it is that the church is a revealed mystery, as Ephesians is emphatic about. Both the words 'revealed' and 'mystery' are rather searching and informed, in dispensational terms.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank-you for your comment. I think part of it is that the church is a revealed mystery, as Ephesians is emphatic about. Both the words 'revealed' and 'mystery' are rather searching and informed, in dispensational terms.
Who do you think the children he promises are?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Who do you think the children he promises are?
Sorry; which Scripture reference are you exactly referring to? (Part of the reason I ask is that in systematic theology it's often customary to borrow verses that seem to add to a particular viewpoint, but without the exact context being taken account of. I'm not suggesting you are doing this.)

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry; which Scripture reference are you exactly referring to? (Part of the reason I ask is that in systematic theology it's often customary to borrow verses that seem to add to a particular viewpoint, but without the exact context being taken account of. I'm not suggesting you are doing this.)
Galatians 4:19 KJV
[19] My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,
1 Corinthians 4:15 KJV
[15] For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

Tecarta Biblewhen I read the New Testament I see many of the Apostles viewing the members of his body as children. John says many times my little children.
Tecarta Bible

Reactions: Acolyte

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Galatians 4:19 KJV
[19] My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,
1 Corinthians 4:15 KJV
[15] For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

Tecarta Biblewhen I read the New Testament I see many of the Apostles viewing the members of his body as children. John says many times my little children.
Tecarta Bible
Thanks.

I think for both Paul in Galatians 4.19 and in John's First Epistle, the term is an affectionate one.

Cf. Ephesians 5.1: "Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children".

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks.

I think for both Paul in Galatians 4.19 and in John's First Epistle, the term is an affectionate one.

Cf. Ephesians 5.1: "Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children".
I have an early start in the morning, but I’d live to send you a PM pertaining to the image that’s forming for me. It’ll be later tomorrow evening, I start a new job in the morning.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have an early start in the morning, but I’d live to send you a PM pertaining to the image that’s forming for me. It’ll be later tomorrow evening, I start a new job in the morning.
Great; I'll look forward to the pm some time.

Hoping the new job goes well; blessings.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Even as we think of Habakkuk's message that 'the just shall live by his faith', we may also recall, in Paul's great treatise on justification in Romans, that Romans 1.5 speaks of 'obedience to the faith' and 'the obedience of faith' in Romans 16.26.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Habakkuk-2_4.png
goodnewstext dot org

Reactions: Heart2Soul

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Here's another great quote from Habakkuk:

3.17-18: "Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:

18 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation."

Solemn and searching words, but so assuring and triumphant also...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@FluffyYellowDuck Thanks for the 'likes'; I was prompted to link you here by your thread that you just started also...

I love Malachi as book, on which I also started a thread; its theme of the Lord looking upon his faithful remnant, with a pilgrim character, in times of apostasy is very apt also (even though it's not about the church directly, at all, but about the remnant of Israel).