Fasting: Does it actually do anything? Do you have a testimony?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are entitled to your opinion.

YES! And my opinion is God's opinion, Isaiah 58:6.

If you have nothing good to say you should keep silent. The nature and character of a child of God is set forth in the same book in Isaiah 1:18.

10) Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master (teacher) of Israel, and knowest not these things?
11) Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
12) If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? John 3:10-12.

I don't understand why people deny Scripture when the verse is staring right there at their face!

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
YES! And my opinion is God's opinion, Isaiah 58:6.

If you have nothing good to say you should keep silent. The nature and character of a child of God is set forth in the same book in Isaiah 1:18.

10) Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master (teacher) of Israel, and knowest not these things?
11) Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
12) If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? John 3:10-12.

I don't understand why people deny Scripture when the verse is staring right there at their face!

To God Be The Glory
Did you read my blog on fasting yet? God showed me something different. so I'll agree to differ.

Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you read my blog on fasting yet?

No, and I don't have to as I understand perfectly well what Isaiah 58:6 stipulates, and you do not because you're putting yourself above God's word.

To God Be The Glory

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, and I don't have to as I understand perfectly well what Isaiah 58:6 stipulates, and you do not.

To God Be The Glory
I've heard people use that verse before without even looking to see if there could be more to it. It's like a horse wearing blinkers so it can only see what's in front of it. There are other references to fasting. Even Jesus fasted. But if you are happy with your view then that's ok but I wonder why you should be interested in this thread.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe you got the gist of post #73.

Acts 2:38 was prophesied in Joel 2:28-29 to give power to the disciple to begin to evangelize the world, but the Holy Spirit has always been since the beginning of time.

Since you only asked for one verse, here it is:

"Cast me not away from thy presence, and take not thy Holy Spirit from me." Psalms 51:11

To God Be The Glory
That was one single person.

That was not an outpouring, but a teency drop.

You know what I mean by "outpouring"....

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People tend to make fun about the things of God because they lack the knowledge and understanding of Scripture and reverence to God Almighty!

I repeat, there is no spiritual significance in fasting (abstaining from food), except to clean one's system.

Fasting is equivalent to witnessing as per Matthew 28:19 in God's perspective Isaiah 58:6.

To God Be The Glory
Incorrect.

Fasting VIA the Holy Ghost causes us to lose our self will and subject our will to God.

If it is not led of the Spirit though, it is just a diet or protest.

Reactions: lforrest and Pearl

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've heard people use that verse before without even looking to see if there could be more to it.

Why would anyone look for other meanings when God already declared the answer? Doesn't make sense, unless he/she knows more than God?

It's like a horse wearing blinkers so it can only see what's in front of it.

Exactly! Only one Gospel no looking to the right or to the left.

There are other references to fasting. Even Jesus fasted.

Chapter and verse, please

But if you are happy with your view then that's ok but I wonder why you should be interested in this thread.

Interested not only on this thread but other threads as well to those who teach doctrines that are alien to the Bible.

To God Be The Glory

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chapter and verse, please.
Luke 4
And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,...

.....And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered....

14 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee...

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have a bible, you can use a concordance. Find them, It will mean more.

Yes I do have a Bible but many folks read Scripture differently or what they have been taught, than what the verse is actually saying.

"But sanctify the Lord in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear":

I will NOT do your homework for you.

To God Be The Glory

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I do have a Bible but many folks read Scripture differently or what they have been taught, than what the verse is actually saying.

"But sanctify the Lord in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear":

I will NOT do your homework for you.

To God Be The Glory
I'm not asking you to mate. I already did it. Read my blog if you want the scriptures. bet you won't though cos you know it all and have made up your mind and will not be moved. Bless you.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not asking you to mate. I already did it. Read my blog if you want the scriptures. bet you won't though cos you know it all and have made up your mind and will not be moved. Bless you.

The ball is in your court. It is not a matter that I know it all rather, you are still drinking milk while I am eating meat (1 Corinthians 3:1-3}.

To God Be The Glory

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The ball is in your court. It is not a matter that I know it all rather, you are still drinking milk while I am eating meat (1 Corinthians 3:1-3}.

To God Be The Glory
I'm sorry if you can't be bothered to read my study on fasting on my blog. If you did you will find that I have quoted many scriptures on fasting including your one from Isaiah as well as many more. But OK then if you can't be bothered to either study it for yourself or read my study leave the matter alone but don't blame me or anybody else. I don't know if you mean to or not Jun, but you come across as somewhat aggressive. Have a nice day with the LORD.

Last edited: