Favorite Thanksgiving Memory

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I know that you spend time praying. That's one of the best ways we can spend our time!

Sounds like y'all have been through it! In 2007, I came close to death due to lung poisoning. Two trips to emergency rooms were no help at all. One night, I could hardly breathe. I told Jesus that I would go to the hospital if He led me to, or if not, He would have to breathe for me. At times, He did!

I pressed into Jesus and His word for healing. I asked God to remove all symptoms. Over time, I did better, but still struggled sometimes. I finally asked God to let me function whether He removed all symptoms or not. I was home schooling my kids, and they REALLY needed me. Even though I still struggle with symptoms at times, God has been faithful to keep me functioning!

I really appreciate your prayers! Please tell your wife that for me. My family needs prayer more than I can say on this forum. I will continue to keep both of you in my prayers.
Sounds like you have been quite a bit as well. Our God is able.
Thank you for your prayers and , yes, you will be in our prayers as well.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the USA Thanksgiving is more boring than the Canadian one.
At least in Canada there is TWO months before another turkey!!

Turkey used to be a treat in England...but with turkey twice in a few weeks 'the Christmas turkey' is ruined. :(

And my son in law wants it again at Easter!!! It is no longer a treat.
There must be something said for the war days...everything in my childhood was a treat..even the common orange. ( none during the war and for a few years after)
When I was young in my mother's home Thanksgiving was never boring. We children looked forward to getting together with cousins and others of our age to play and enjoy the family together. I always did really enjoy the family. This continued later when my generation was grown but my mother still hosted the special meals cooking the main course for many years.

My wife took up the lead in later years as the main cook and hostess when we would gather at our house with our children and grandchildren. It was always a blessed happy time for Giving Thanks but since my wife had to pull back several years ago no one took her places. Still the good memories of family coming together to give thanks will always remain. We have had troubles, but our God has blessed us nevertheless. The idea of Thanksgiving for all that God has done for us was never a bad one.

Praise His Name!
Give God the glory!

Last edited:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure how to say this, so I'll just come out with it. I think you need to watch your baby girl like a hawk around your dad. He may have his life together, but he also may still be capable of abuse. Like I said, I'll be praying for you!

DEFINITELY. I'm hoping we can meet at Mcdonalds or something.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
With Thanksgiving Day quickly approaching, I thought it would be a blessing to share some Thanksgiving memories.

One of my favorite memories is spending Thanksgiving in Texas with my parents years ago. My grandmother was there and showed me how to make her cornbread dressing. I had tried to make it taste like hers for years, but without any success. She showed me the secret ingredient--chopped, sautéed bell pepper!

Edit: At Christmas time, I use one green pepper and a red one to give the dressing a more festive look.
Up here it's 6 weeks earlier than in the US... :)

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, up here in Canada... :)
Sorry, Farouk, I'm just feeling a little meh about elections in the U.S. at the moment. Do you have a favorite memory to share?

I see that you saw my last post. Is that a seesaw?:)

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Umm...that year I was so out of it, under anaesthetic, in an induced coma for bypass surgery.

But other years we have enjoyed turkey with particular friends, yes. :)
So, I guess if your in a coma, no turkey and dressing? :(