Favorite Thanksgiving Memory

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's not silly, Nancy!:( It's about giving thanks to God.

A lot of the early settlers died due to starvation and harsh winter weather. The ones who survived were thankful to God.... Didn't you take history in school? Or did you get the politically correct version that says Thanksgiving is about giving thanks to the Indians....

Let that be a history lesson to you! :)

Like most things...it may have started out as a good thing...but I saw a woman in Safeway two days before our thanksgiving Oct 6th
She had THREE carts full and over flowing with food, candy and drinks.
I think the pilgrims would turn in their graves....it's all about face-feeding, for the majority these days.
Oh well...as my hubby often say- " Whatever blows your hair up.." Thanksgiving has lost it flavour over night :)

Bless you...we need more fun chatty threads...well done..even if I am a party pooper... LOL x

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not silly, Nancy!:( It's about giving thanks to God.

A lot of the early settlers died due to starvation and harsh winter weather. The ones who survived were thankful to God.... Didn't you take history in school? Or did you get the politically correct version that says Thanksgiving is about giving thanks to the Indians....

Let that be a history lesson to you! :)
Well, did you not see this part of my post? : " We should have "thanksgiving" meals every time we eat!" IOW-be thankful ALWAYS. And, MOST people I know, do stuff their selves to the point of gluttony on that day, I will not get into the "politics" on the day itself. :)

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, did you not see this part of my post? : " We should have "thanksgiving" meals every time we eat!" IOW-be thankful ALWAYS. And, MOST people I know, do stuff their selves to the point of gluttony on that day, I will not get into the "politics" on the day itself. :)
You are a wise woman! No politics on Thanksgiving!

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember this one year a church came and gave us a whole lot of food for Thanksgiving. We already had a turkey and other things, but insisted we take it. We were a low income family, and sometimes just had weeks on beans and rice, but never went hungry! But we took all those groceries to this one family my sister knew that had absolutely nothing for Thanksgiving. I was probably like 7 or 8, but will never forget that. I remember driving up, I was excited and just yelled, "my sister said y'all were poor and needed food." My sister could have crawled in her grave, a boy she liked lived there, but the dad was laughing and was really nice. He just said, "well, we can definitely use it." Just really thankful. Ill never forget that.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Were you playing the song for her? It really makes you want to dance! If I did it, though, my kids would think I was crazy!

Lol she was beating me up, her arms were moving so fast while she laughed. Never heard of it, but as a new mom, Ill have to make this one of our traditions. It will sort of be a different Thanksgiving this year away in Texas, but she will get to see her aunt for the first time and cousins. Skype daddy every day.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol she was beating me up, her arms were moving so fast while she laughed. Never heard of it, but as a new mom, Ill have to make this one of our traditions. It will sort of be a different Thanksgiving this year away in Texas, but she will get to see her aunt for the first time and cousins. Skype daddy every day.
Good tradition! Where in Texas, if you don't mind my asking.

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Thanksgiving is a good reminder that we can always help people in need. Sometimes it is easy to forget.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I went to college in Austin. If you have time, take a tour of the University of Texas campus. It's really beautiful.

Your baby is adorable. Enjoy the sweet baby smell while you can. They really do grow up fast!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeh...this year Ill see my dad for the first time in 17 years, my aunt Cheryl has cancer, so it may be her last Thanksgiving, and Ill get to see my new niece for the first time at my sister's and my other niece who I haven't seen for a few years. Haven't been down since 2015.

Reactions: amadeus

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I went to college in Austin. If you have time, take a tour of the University of Texas campus. It's really beautiful.

Your baby is adorable. Enjoy the baby smell while you can. They really do grow up fast!

Yeh I heard about the University of Texas and have friends that went there, but never been. I heard it is a beautiful campus.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeh...this year Ill see my dad for the first time in 17 years, my aunt Cheryl has cancer, so it may be her last Thanksgiving, and Ill get to see my new niece for the first time at my sister's and my other niece who I haven't seen for a few years. Haven't been down since 2015.
You haven't seen your dad in 17 years? Are you nervous about seeing him?

Sorry to hear about your aunt. I'll pray for her.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You haven't seen your dad in 17 years? Are you nervous about seeing him?

Sorry to hear about your aunt. I'll pray for her.

Yeh...he sexually abused me when I was little. It took years to forgive him. But the past is in the past. I have heard he has got his life together and stopped drinking...it is just time. He should get to see his granddaughter too.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeh...he sexually abused me when I was little. It took years to forgive him. But the past is in the past. I have heard he has got his life together and stopped drinking...it is just time. He should get to see his granddaughter too.
I'll be praying for you! It's brave of you to see him.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So yeh, I'm very nervous. But this is going to be good. And it is my decision whether to see him or not. My cousins said they would take me.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So yeh, I'm very nervous. But this is going to be good. And it is my decision whether to see him or not. My cousins said they would take me.

I'm not sure how to say this, so I'll just come out with it. I think you need to watch your baby girl like a hawk around your dad. He may have his life together, but he also may still be capable of abuse. Like I said, I'll be praying for you!