Fear of not doing enough.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rylan Moffitt

Jun 26, 2020
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have fear that I what I am doing is potentially wrong, And I will end up in Hell, not Heaven. I pray every night, and Read my Bible every other night. I try not to swear / use God and Jesus’s name in vein, but I do sometimes.

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reading your post gives me the impression that you don't understand the way of salvation. You appear to think that it depends in part on what you do.

Of course you are doing things that are wrong. Everyone does, even after being forgiven. Our only hope lies in the fact that Jesus Christ shed his blood to atone for our sins. The fact that he rose from the dead shows that God has accepted his sacrifice. When we acknowledge our guilt and put our faith in Jesus God forgives our sins and we can then begin to live a life that pleases him. This salvation is a gift from God and not a reward for anything we have done.

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
Ephesian 2:8,9 ESV

The next verse shows why we are saved; to serve God.

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

We are saved for good works, not by them.

Here is an explanation of salvation that goes into more detail: Jesus Saves | CARM.org

If you have any questions about this, post them on this board. I am sure there are plenty of people here who will be glad to answer them.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I have fear that I what I am doing is potentially wrong, And I will end up in Hell, not Heaven. I pray every night, and Read my Bible every other night. I try not to swear / use God and Jesus’s name in vein, but I do sometimes.

Are you born again, or only water baptized, sprinkled, or "confirmed", etc.

Listen, if you are born again, you are already in God's family.
You are just waiting for the new body and to be there with God, Himself.
God will never let you go. He has already paid for your family membership with the Blood of His Son.
You will be with God later in heaven, because you are already with God now, on Earth, if you are born again.
So, instead of worrying, use all that energy to thank God for making you His SON.
Thank Him every day for the rest of your life, and you'll find that fear is replaced with Grace.

Reactions: theophilus

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If an individual is in dought of their salvation no answer anyone gives will be what you need in Christianity. Christianity is a life that is separate from the world and their knowledge (good and evil). Only mind renewal sets a Christian apart from lack of not knowing. It is your salvation to be worked out by you, an inner knowing that comes from by the Holyspirit through the written scriptures. The word of God is getting more and more unpopular just because people don't understand it and have to go somewhere else to get their knowledge, at that point a believer is in trouble as far as a life lived in union knowledge.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
wadr you are currently...enmeshed in the idea that you might goto heaven someday, and that most others will "go to" hell, all of is occurring after you/they have died, right? Yet
No one has ever gone up to heaven, and
he who digs a pit for others to fall into, ends up in it himself

so fwiw we all go through that period i think, the washing of the outside of the cup, and the self-recriminations, but you will likely be "saved" simply by your confession there, and you are surely doing just what you are supposed to be doing right now i bet.

A hard truth is that everything we know is wrong, and i mean every single thing lol
at least everything that authority figures teach us, of any importance
understand why the publicans and prostitutes are beating you into the kingdom
is a hard lesson to learn eh
contemplate the possibility that the religious ppl are the most deceived, imo
I have fear
see, so you are in "hell" right now, yeh? "Hell" is just the best analogy our Norse/Angle scribes had for Gehenna i guess, which is right here in Erets, although im getting ahead of myself now. Anyway you might google any relevant phrases here for more. Have no fear, ok, all go to the same place,
and you and your sons will be here with me

just like the Bible says :)

you might also do a search for "Mithraism and" which you will notice auto-completes for "Christianity," although i guess that makes no sense at all right now.

Last edited: