Feb. 10 financial doomsday

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
YOUR GOVERNMENT AT WORKIs Feb. 10 financial doomsday for thousands?New law could force companies into ruin--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Posted: January 08, 200912:13 am EasternBy Chelsea Schilling© 2009 WorldNetDaily Jacobsen Books in Clinton, Wis. A new government regulation scheduled to take effect next month has thousands of retailers, thrift stores and small businesses worried they will be forced to permanently close their doors – and destroy their merchandise. The law is expected to have such a devastating impact that Feb. 10 is now unofficially known as "National Bankruptcy Day." Congress passed the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008, or HR 4040, a retroactive rule mandating that all items sold for use by children under 12 must be tested by an independent party for lead and phthalates, which are chemicals used to make plastics more pliable. All untested items, regardless of lead content, are to be declared "banned hazardous products.'' The CPSC has already determined the law applies to every children's item on shelves, not just to items made beginning Feb. 10. The regulations could force thousands of businesses – especially smaller ones that cannot afford the cost of lead testing – to throw away truckloads of children's clothing, books, toys, furniture and other children's items and even force them to close their doors. All untested items, regardless of lead content, morehttp://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=...ew&pageId=85542This means all used chilrens clothes furniture books ect can not be sold at yard sales ebay thrift stores any whereHow many kids only get coats from thrift stores ?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
I know personal opinions does not matter to me, but, I think this could be the deadly wound that THE Anti-Christ will heal...

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
That's them dern Kenites starting that mess. Thatanti-christ is going to walk right in America and takeover. Jordan, I believe you are right.Logabe

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I think the ailing economy brings out the abysmal illogic in some people who pass such stuff. But you cannot tell them anything. It's like trying to reason with a schizophrenic who does not know they are mentally ill. The only "hope" will be the asteroids that pass such stuff will themselves be a victim to the devastated economy and then they may come back to their senses. Or will they? they'll just somehow blame those who warned are somehow still at fault and the fault lies elsewhere.I'll give an excellent practical example of their logic and how they target the wrong conclusions: At work I squirted alcohol over a knob of a machine in front of a fellow coworker. The alcohol dribbled down onto the floor. I wiped up the alcohol off the floor and of course the rag was all dirty. I said, "It's a good thing I cleaned that knob. You see how much dirt ran off of it onto the floor?"
biggrin.gif
It's the same crooked reasoning with a law like this, except they are serious! My example is funny, but it scares me when people really start thinking the dirt ran off the knob.