Fed up with American Christian churches

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prophecy of the new covenant and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Daniel 7:18
But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Christ the king!

The king of kings!

Christ is King of Glory!

Kingdom established by God!
Isa 2:2
Dan 2: 44
Micah 4:1

One, holy, catholic, (universal) and apostolic! And all nations and all people shall flow into it! All must submit and obey the king of glory!

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..When I went to church, I expected to receive support, to be able to confide in the church, to receive practical help beyond just encouragement and unsolicited advice. Instead, I'm forgotten, and have basically given up hope that I'll actually find a church where I'm truly included..

If the churches ignore you for no reason shame on them, but on the other hand they might think you take things too seriously and that you're not listening to them anyway?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the churches ignore you for no reason shame on them, but on the other hand they might think you take things too seriously and that you're not listening to them anyway?
Can you give an example of someone taking matters of the Bible too seriously?

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Can you give an example of someone taking matters of the Bible too seriously?

Yes there are plenty of people like that around being dull, boring, humourless and setting a bad example..;)
In Jesus's time it was the snooty sour-faced priestly classes but he soon put them in their place-

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Vatican has decreed that the Catholic Church is the "mother of all churches" and banned the term "sister churches" to describe other denominations, in two new documents that could harm Vatican efforts towards unity with other believers.

The Vatican has decreed that the Catholic Church is the "mother of all churches" and banned the term "sister churches" to describe other denominations, in two new documents that could harm Vatican efforts towards unity with other believers.

In a letter to bishops worldwide on Saturday, Pope John Paul II's chief theological adviser, Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, said it was incorrect to call Christian churches, ranging from Protestant to Orthodox, "sister churches" of the Catholic Church.

The Cardinal said the term was "sloppy terminology" and could not be used to describe Christian communities that were not actually in communion with Rome. "It must be always clear that the one, holy, catholic and apostolic universal church is not the sister, but the mother of all the churches," the cardinal said.

The Independent. 2000

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In a letter to bishops worldwide on Saturday, Pope John Paul II's chief theological adviser, Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, said it was incorrect to call Christian churches, ranging from Protestant to Orthodox, "sister churches" of the Catholic Church.

The Cardinal said the term was "sloppy terminology" and could not be used to describe Christian communities that were not actually in communion with Rome. "It must be always clear that the one, holy, catholic and apostolic universal church is not the sister, but the mother of all the churches," the cardinal said.

The Independent. 2000
@theefaith
no! There are no daughters
There is only one church Jn 10:16

Do not these verses relate here?

"I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine: he feedeth among the lilies.
Thou art beautiful, O my love, as Tirzah, comely as Jerusalem, terrible as an army with banners.
Turn away thine eyes from me, for they have overcome me: thy hair is as a flock of goats that appear from Gilead.
Thy teeth are as a flock of sheep which go up from the washing, whereof every one beareth twins, and there is not one barren among them.
As a piece of a pomegranate are thy temples within thy locks.
There are threescore queens, and fourscore concubines, and virgins without number.
My dove, my undefiled is but one; she is the only one of her mother, she is the choice one of her that bare her. The daughters saw her, and blessed her; yea, the queens and the concubines, and they praised her." Song of Solomon 6:3-9

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll bet in the next ten years or less church will be gone. Church sermons will be considered hate speech driving churches underground.

Reactions: Nancy

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll bet in the next ten years or less church will be gone. Church sermons will be considered hate speech driving churches underground.

I think it get it, but the church is eternal

truth like God who reveals it is immutable, Unchangeable!

the church founded by Christ is eternal and ir-reformable!
Matt 16:18-19 shall not prevail

Christ is the truth! Jn 14:6
the pillar of truth! 1 Tim 3:16

the world opposes the truth, but the truth marches on!

For evil to prosper good men need do nothing!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it get it, but the church is eternal

truth like God who reveals it is immutable, Unchangeable!

the church founded by Christ is eternal and ir-reformable!
Matt 16:18-19 shall not prevail

Christ is the truth! Jn 14:6
the pillar of truth! 1 Tim 3:16

the world opposes the truth, but the truth marches on!

For evil to prosper good men need do nothing!

Well what I mean is that the church may go underground. It will always be, it just may be illegal. Think China.

Reactions: Alfredthefifth

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that's a hard one, we had to leave our former church because my mom & dad felt uncomfertable there, the church we attend now is preety small but the church is changeing alot i just hope it doesn't become legalistic

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
that's a hard one, we had to leave our former church because my mom & dad felt uncomfertable there, the church we attend now is preety small but the church is changeing alot i just hope it doesn't become legalistic
@shortangel Acts 2.42 simplicity in local church practices is really good; sometimes in small churches personalities - which are really not to do with vital doctrine and practice - can dominate at times.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes there are plenty of people like that around being dull, boring, humourless and setting a bad example..;)
In Jesus's time it was the snooty sour-faced priestly classes but he soon put them in their place-
Not sure I could say Jesus was dull or boring, but He certainly wasn't FUN or COMICAL. He probably wouldn't have been liked by many in your modern mainstream church personality preference.

Jesus spoke about hell more than anybody else in the Bible.

Seems to me that would fit within your assessment of somebody taking things too seriously and being too humorless.

No?

The main theme of the Bible is pretty serious. Wouldn't you say?

It's the people of the modern world who desperately NEED to constantly be entertained. They don't even know HOW to take anything seriously.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure I could say Jesus was dull or boring, but He certainly wasn't FUN or COMICAL.
The main theme of the Bible is pretty serious. Wouldn't you say?..
It's the people of the modern world who desperately NEED to constantly be entertained. They don't even know HOW to take anything seriously.

1- Jesus possibly showed he had a sense of humour with the 'coin in fishes mouth' thing when he was asked to pay the temple tax..:)
“..go to the lake and throw out your line. Take the first fish you catch; open its mouth and you will find a four-drachma coin. Take it and give it to them for my tax and yours.” (Matthew 17:27)

And this extract from the Sermon on the Mount indicaes he wants us to lighten up and not go around with sour miserable faces..:)-
"Do not worry about your life, what you'll eat or drink or wear. Life is more important than food, and the body more important than clothes.
Look at the birds, they don't sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet God feeds them. Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers grow, they don't labour or spin, yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendour was dressed like one of these.
If that's how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, won't he much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself." (Matthew ch 6)

Christians-
SHTF-party.jpg

Nonchristians-
SHTF-eyes.jpg

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1- Jesus possibly showed he had a sense of humour with the 'coin in fishes mouth' thing when he was asked to pay the temple tax..:)
Because you believe there WASN'T a coin in the mouth of the fish when they checked?
And this extract from the Sermon on the Mount indicaes he wants us to lighten up and not go around with sour miserable faces..:)
Not even close. Jesus simply doesn't want True Christians to worry/fear. That's all there is to it.

There is no "Don't worry, by happy!" Bible precedent. Certainly not in the way you imply.

And you're right about these partying christians. The term Christian has been hijacked to mean people who love to drink and party and be merry. Remember what the Bible says "the world" will be doing when Jesus returns?

Ever heard the phrase 'Sleeping under the Baptist blanket'?

There are real Christians, True followers of Jesus Christ, and then there's all the rest ... partying hand-in-hand down the wide road to destruction - an overwhelming majority of posers.

Which are you?

Attachments

• clear.png
    clear.png
    137 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..There are real Christians, True followers of Jesus Christ, and then there's all the rest ... partying hand-in-hand down the wide road to destruction - an overwhelming majority of posers.
Which are you?

Not guilty..:)
I don't party and I don't drink, tried a few sips of various stuff in my early teens but it all tasted like cat pee so I've never touched a drop since, except when some naughty women have tried to get me drunk and I've gone along with it to be good sport and as an experiment.
I found that the earth's axis had developed a pronounced tilt and I couldn't walk straight, and my consciousness no longer extended out into the universe but was confined to the four walls of the room and I felt like I was wrapped up in a blanket.
I didn't like the experience and was glad to have sobered up next morning and got my brain back..:)

PS- Jesus said to the disciples at the last supper that the next time he drank wine, he'd be drinking it with them in his father's kingdom.
That's me out then, I don't drink (sniffle)..

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said to the disciples at the last supper that the next time he drank wine, he'd be drinking it with them in his father's kingdom.
That's me out then, I don't drink (sniffle)..
Jesus didn't drink alcohol.

It's a shame that you would believe He did.

Alcohol leads to sin. Why would He even take that chance?

He wouldn't, and He didn't. He wasn't as stupid as we are.

He knew His entire life that He had a divine mission. He would never have risked that mission, to save the souls of all His beloved brethren, for a few sips of alcohol.

Those with Holy Spirit discernment know this is true.

End of discussion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brakelite

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus didn't drink alcohol.
It's a shame that you would believe He did.
Alcohol leads to sin. Why would He even take that chance?
But there are plenty of references to wine in the Bible, for example Jesus turned water into wine so why would he do that if it was evil stuff?
And what's the stuff catholics sip as the metaphoric "blood of Jesus"?
I agree that booze can have a bad effect on some people but only if they're morally and spiritually weak in the first place, but Christians aren't..:)