Finally working up the courage to ask a question that deeply distresses me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If God won't make it for me then there really is no point of me staying/becoming a Christian.

The point of being a Christian is not to have dreams realised, but to know ultimate reality and truth.
I understand that not having a dream fulfilled hurts, but you are giving up far more than a dream.
To reject God means giving up on All goodness, even if the devil gave you a gryphon in he'll that would be your enemy.
There is no love, no kindness, no gentleness, no friendship in hell, these are all qualities found in God.

I'm not trying to scare you, just to point out the logic behind following God.

PossibleThrowawayAccount

Oct 1, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point of being a Christian is not to have dreams realised, but to know ultimate reality and truth.
I understand that not having a dream fulfilled hurts, but you are giving up far more than a dream.
To reject God means giving up on All goodness, even if the devil gave you a gryphon in he'll that would be your enemy.
There is no love, no kindness, no gentleness, no friendship in hell, these are all qualities found in God.

I'm not trying to scare you, just to point out the logic behind following God.
I see your point. I suppose I am willing to believe that the Bible is true but otherwise probably will not worship, kind of just keeping it in the backround. As I said before God has let me down on everything else and I cannot simply believe that he either loves me or wants anything to do with me.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I
As I said before God has let me down on everything else and I cannot simply believe that he either loves me or wants anything to do with me.
He DOES love you. But Jesus told us to FIRST seek out that state where what God wants is done here in our lives the way things are where God is. Everything else (including a certain Gryphon) is just gravy. That's Matthew 6:33, with a touch of Matthew 6:10 thrown in for explanation for those of you keeping score at home. (And yeah, I confess that I'm not so good at that myself.)

But you can also hold on to the promise of Romans 8:32:

He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?

Okay?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For 19 years now there has been something that has been deeply bothering me but I have been too afraid to ask because it is something very personal to me. I am finally ready to ask it because I need closure, despite knowing that hearing the wrong thing could potentially deeply upset me.

Are there any verses in the Bible that directly confirms that we will have everything we want in Heaven or on the new earth? Particularly if we want something so bad that it is what moves us to Christianity, something we want so badly that being with God is the only thing more important than it, something so personal that it is the very reason we worship God.

Edit: For clarity, I have had dreams my whole life about a gryphon and I want to know if God will make it for me on the new earth. I know it sounds stupid but it is the only thing that has kept me a Christian throughout the years.
What is a gryphon? What is its significance to you and why is so important to you that it is the only thing that has kept you Christian throughout the years? I’m not asking to be critical…I’m asking because I truly don’t know what that is or why it is so meaningful to you. What is your hope? The reward so to speak that you are asking (if I understand correctly) will God give it?

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be honest, yes. I am not sure if it makes a difference, but the thing in question is the reason I am a Christian in the first place.

Oh.
Your reason is different from the right one. Read the New Testament for information about why someone should believe in Jesus Christ.

PossibleThrowawayAccount

Oct 1, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He DOES love you. But Jesus told us to FIRST seek out that state where what God wants is done here in our lives the way things are where God is. Everything else (including a certain Gryphon) is just gravy.
Even though it is not the point I would put God first if I had confirmation because it would show he cares.

But you can also hold on to the promise of Romans 8:32:

He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?
I do hold onto it. Even though I have been told it refers to things on earth, I think it means both here and in Heaven. Especially Heaven since, obviously, God does withhold things from us here otherwise every Christian would win the lottery since he would give them the winning numbers on request. I like to mix this with all of the animals that were created in Heaven (the chariot that took Elijah to heaven, the odd animals mentioned in Revelation). When I feel positive, I figure if God made them and is creating a new earth, why wouldn't he make me the Gryphon? Especially if he is preparing a place for us to enjoy.

What is a gryphon? What is its significance to you and why is so important to you that it is the only thing that has kept you Christian throughout the years? I’m not asking to be critical…I’m asking because I truly don’t know what that is or why it is so meaningful to you. What is your hope? The reward so to speak that you are asking (if I understand correctly) will God give it?
A Gryphon is a mythical lion-eagle hybrid. I have been having dreams about one my whole life and I want God to create it for me as a reward for serving him on earth. In a way it is the only thing like a family I ever had even though it is only in my dreams. I converted to Christianity as a teenage in hopes that God would make it for me. Since God has let me down on everything else, this was all he could do for me. I felt urged to leave Christianity after God allowed so many bad things to happen to me but the hope of it existing has kept me a Christian. I am not asking God to give it a reward (besides life) but rather I would want him to give it to me. Besides, there is really not much he could give me as an inheritance as I do not want much.

As cold as it sounds I don't really care what happens to my own soul. My only real spiritual concern is its existance.

Your reason is different from the right one. Read the New Testament for information about why someone should believe in Jesus Christ.
I know my reasoning is wrong but I cannot help it. I have been listening to an audio New Testament, hoping to find something that would help.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I converted to Christianity as a teenage in hopes that God would make it for me.
want God to create it for me as a reward for serving him on earth. In a

Sorry but God doesn't work that way.

As Paul in Romans says, we have all sinned, none of us have done what is right and all our righteous deeds, all our good works are as used toilet paper.

How do you expect God to fulfil your wishes when you have done nothing for him.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even though it is not the point I would put God first if I had confirmation because it would show he cares.

I do hold onto it. Even though I have been told it refers to things on earth, I think it means both here and in Heaven. Especially Heaven since, obviously, God does withhold things from us here otherwise every Christian would win the lottery since he would give them the winning numbers on request. I like to mix this with all of the animals that were created in Heaven (the chariot that took Elijah to heaven, the odd animals mentioned in Revelation). When I feel positive, I figure if God made them and is creating a new earth, why wouldn't he make me the Gryphon? Especially if he is preparing a place for us to enjoy.

A Gryphon is a mythical lion-eagle hybrid. I have been having dreams about one my whole life and I want God to create it for me as a reward for serving him on earth. In a way it is the only thing like a family I ever had even though it is only in my dreams. I converted to Christianity as a teenage in hopes that God would make it for me. Since God has let me down on everything else, this was all he could do for me. I felt urged to leave Christianity after God allowed so many bad things to happen to me but the hope of it existing has kept me a Christian. I am not asking God to give it a reward (besides life) but rather I would want him to give it to me. Besides, there is really not much he could give me as an inheritance as I do not want much.

As cold as it sounds I don't really care what happens to my own soul. My only real spiritual concern is its existance.

I know my reasoning is wrong but I cannot help it. I have been listening to an audio New Testament, hoping to find something that would help.
I like the fact that you are listening to the New Testament. I would also advise that you seek God during your examination. Ask God to help you see the truth in it. I have heard some people pray, "God, if this is real, I want to know it. Please show me a sign." I think God answers a sincere prayer for confirmation.

PossibleThrowawayAccount

Oct 1, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
want God to create it for me as a reward for serving him on earth. In a

Sorry but God doesn't work that way.

As Paul in Romans says, we have all sinned, none of us have done what is right and all our righteous deeds, all our good works are as used toilet paper.

How do you expect God to fulfil your wishes when you have done nothing for him.
If it is worth anything I am currently trying to concert people in other communities. I even tried to get my enemies to convert to Christianity, something I did not do with relish.

I like the fact that you are listening to the New Testament. I would also advise that you seek God during your examination. Ask God to help you see the truth in it. I have heard some people pray, "God, if this is real, I want to know it. Please show me a sign." I think God answers a sincere prayer for confirmation.
The closest thing I get to prayers is asking him about this.

This troubles me. Why is this the only thing that has kept you a Christian throughout the years?
I used to have a beautiful relationship with God but he let me down when I needed him most. Since then I have been drifting away and this was really all that was left of what we used to have.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it is worth anything I am currently trying to concert people in other communities. I even tried to get my enemies to convert to Christianity, something I did not do with relish.

I used to have a beautiful relationship with God but he let me down when I needed him most. Since then I have been drifting away and this was really all that was left of what we used to have.

Perhaps what you seek is "happiness and well-being." Let's perform a mental experiment to ask, "What if God could give you better fulfillment, happiness, and well-being apart from a pet griffin, would you insist on the griffin anyway?"

The salient point is this. Why not trust God, who knows us better than we know ourselves, to give us what would truly provide us with happiness, well-being, and human fulfillment?

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God won't make it for me then there really is no point of me staying/becoming a Christian.
Here is what I want you to think about.
Look at all of the wonderful animals God has made that we know of--or how many have been made extinct, that we have not seen? Did He make a fire breathing dragon? Snakes once had wings? How about Behemoth? He can do all things.
I think the gryphon represents God's creative power to you.

Perhaps when God makes the earth new, you can get a ringside seat and watch His magnificient power bring animals into it.

Reactions: Lambano

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was reading about griffins and found out that some experts (!) think that the idea of griffins came from the protoceratops. I googled for images. While not distinctive birds/lion hybrids, these guys are cute. One of them may tickle your fancy. Further they may look more gryphonlike in your idea that we can depict with fossils and guesses.
For me, I firmly believe that God will add dinosaurs to the New Earth. They were probably lots of fun before sin.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Edit: For clarity, I have had dreams my whole life about a gryphon and I want to know if God will make it for me on the new earth. I know it sounds stupid but it is the only thing that has kept me a Christian throughout the years
I think you need to reassess your priorities then. We should desire heaven primarily because we will be able to hold unbridled fellowship with God there. He is the very one that makes heaven a heaven at all; His presence. Our primary motivation shouldn't be some pet hobby. Animals are just animals. Not to say there won't be animals in heaven. I'm certain there will be, just look at how many different types of angels there are, for instance. So yes, a "gryphon" is a real possibility. But you shouldn't be setting your heart on that.