Finally working up the courage to ask a question that deeply distresses me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PossibleThrowawayAccount

Oct 1, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could see God creating that particular gryphon (does he have a name?) for you, say, as a mentor to help you grow in the World to Come.
I would like that very much.

With God, it's not a question of "Can He?" but "Will He?" I can't answer the "Will He?" question; I can only encourage you to trust your Heavenly Father.
Fortunately, I know he can do it. Part of the reason I wonder if he will is because obviously animals have been created in heaven (the flaming horses that took Elijah to heaven, for example). The only question I have is rather or not he will.

I believe that is a reference to have the things we are in need of, perhaps not everything we want.
I knew it was too good to be true, but thought I would ask about it anyway.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fortunately, I know he can do it. Part of the reason I wonder if he will is because obviously animals have been created in heaven (the flaming horses that took Elijah to heaven, for example). The only question I have is rather or not he will.
Can you trust your Heavenly Father to give you good things, even without an explicit promise that he'll give you what you ask for?

PossibleThrowawayAccount

Oct 1, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you trust your Heavenly Father to give you good things, even without an explicit promise that he'll give you what you ask for?
This is hard to answer. My trust for God has been broken several times yet if somehow I knew blind faith would be enough to get him to create it for me, that would be enough. Yet I often overthink things and would need something solid. I suppose it depends.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For 19 years now there has been something that has been deeply bothering me but I have been too afraid to ask because it is something very personal to me. I am finally ready to ask it because I need closure, despite knowing that hearing the wrong thing could potentially deeply upset me.

Are there any verses in the Bible that directly confirms that we will have everything we want in Heaven or on the new earth? Particularly if we want something so bad that it is what moves us to Christianity, something we want so badly that being with God is the only thing more important than it, something so personal that it is the very reason we worship God.
Jesus said whatever we give up in this life, we get a hundredfold in the next with persecutions.

So we may ask for whatever we want, but at some point we won't want the suffering that comes with it.

Jesus also said "the Day is coming when you will ask Me nothing" which I suppose is because we have asked what we wanted, regardless of the suffering, to begin with.

I'm not trying to give you two answers: I'm saying 'there's a catch, but out of innocence we ask anyway'

PossibleThrowawayAccount

Oct 1, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is hard to answer. My trust for God has been broken several times yet if somehow I knew blind faith would be enough to get him to create it for me, that would be enough. Yet I often overthink things and would need something solid. I suppose it depends.
Having thought about it, all I would need is to know that I will have it if I believe I will, even if blindly.

PossibleThrowawayAccount

Oct 1, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope I am not annoying anyone by constantly posting in this thread and I am sorry if I am. Please underatand that this is important to me because my relationship with God and is essentially riding on this.

Lately I have been thinking about our inheritances in Heaven and wondering if it could be part of my own inheritance. The Bible does imply that we will receive a physical inheritance besides the inheritance of heaven: "and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you," (1 Peter 1:4)

I was also wondering if, since we are co-heirs with Christ (Romans 8:17) if that means God would be just as willing to give to me as he would Jesus.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
if somehow I knew blind faith would be enough to get him to create it for me, that would be enough
No where are we commanded to have ' blind faith ' as Hebrews 11:1 says, Faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

Faith is based on facts, it is the atheist who has blind faith, the Christian knows there is a God, can demonstrate the reasonability of the resurrection and can be confident in there expectation of heaven.

PossibleThrowawayAccount

Oct 1, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No where are we commanded to have ' blind faith ' as Hebrews 11:1 says, Faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

Faith is based on facts, it is the atheist who has blind faith, the Christian knows there is a God, can demonstrate the reasonability of the resurrection and can be confident in there expectation of heaven.
In that case should I be looking for verses that outright support what I am looking for?

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In that case should I be looking for verses that outright support what I am looking for?
At some point, you need to trust the God that the verses point to. Like one person trusts another person. Trust involves a certain amount of risk-taking.

It sounds like you're looking for a reason for why you can trust God. I know trust doesn't come easy when you've been burned before.

PossibleThrowawayAccount

Oct 1, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sounds like you're looking for a reason for why you can trust God. I know trust doesn't come easy when you've been burned before.
In a way I am and I honestly hope that this is what helps me finally trust him. However that is going to require confirmation. There is very little God could do for me on earth at this point and it is completely unlikely he will do any of those things while I am here on earth.

Reactions: Lambano

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In a way I am and I honestly hope that this is what helps me finally trust him. However that is going to require confirmation. There is very little God could do for me on earth at this point and it is completely unlikely he will do any of those things while I am here on earth.
Maybe. The verse that came to mind was Genesis 18:14, Is anything too hard for the LORD? That one was about God giving Abe and Sarah what was their hearts' deepest longing. Sometimes it does happen.

PossibleThrowawayAccount

Oct 1, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe. The verse that came to mind was Genesis 18:14, Is anything too hard for the LORD? That one was about God giving Abe and Sarah what was their hearts' deepest longing. Sometimes it does happen.
I know. And as unlikely as it is, I am hoping someday God will do something for me.

This thread inspired something in me, thank you!
You are welcome. What did it inspire in you?

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I would suggest investigating Jesus death, burial and resurrection.
Either by reading the bible or by reading the case for Christ by Lee Strobel along with the bible.
He investigate the claim the Jesus was crucified, died, was buried and rose again, as an atheist.
The evidence compelled him to become a Christian.

PossibleThrowawayAccount

Oct 1, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh boy! I'm on medication, it makes it hard for me to remember (something to do with being prepared to be substituted for?) - please pray for me. The inspiration is there, it might come back to me later - Lord willing!
If it does come back to you I would love to hear it.

I would suggest investigating Jesus death, burial and resurrection.
Either by reading the bible or by reading the case for Christ by Lee Strobel along with the bible.
He investigate the claim the Jesus was crucified, died, was buried and rose again, as an atheist.
The evidence compelled him to become a Christian.
Will it directly answer rather or not I will have the gryphon?

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh. I had dreams about a gryphon my entire life and I want to know if God will create it for me. After everything that has happened to me the hope that it will exist someday is pretty much the only thing that has kept me a Christian over the years.
GOD is the ultimate reality and in knowing him through Jesus, we know reality and we know truth.
This relationship is more important than dreams of mythical animals.

Please re evaluate your relationship with God based on who Jesus is and what he has done.

Gryphon's are amazing fantasy creatures, but that is all they are, we have to live based on what is real and what is true.

PossibleThrowawayAccount

Oct 1, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GOD is the ultimate reality and in knowing him through Jesus, we know reality and we know truth.
This relationship is more important than dreams of mythical animals.

Please re evaluate your relationship with God based on who Jesus is and what he has done.

Gryphon's are amazing fantasy creatures, but that is all they are, we have to live based on what is real and what is true.
If God won't make it for me then there really is no point of me staying/becoming a Christian.