Finding Peace

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you have heard the saying, "No God, no peace, know God, know peace". This is a profound truth. True peace can ONLY be had by understanding, believing and fully loving God.

The following texts are taken from NIV (New International Version).

Job 22:21-22, “Submit to God and be at peace with him…Accept instruction from his mouth and lay up his words in your heart.”

Psalm 85:7-9, “Show us your unfailing love, Lord, and grant us your salvation. I will listen to what God the Lord says; he promises peace to his people, his faithful servants - but let them not turn to folly.”

Psalm 119:164-166, “Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble…I follow your commands.”

Isaiah 54:13, “All your children will be taught by the Lord, and great will be their peace.”

The Bible details a wonderful plan to bless everyone who lives and has ever lived on earth. Great comfort and peace are the reward for those who search the scriptures to learn and live this plan. As we study more, we learn the importance of Jesus and his sacrifice which purchased the human race from sin and death. Peace is the ultimate reward, not only to Christians now, but to all humankind in Christ's future Kingdom.

Romans 15:13, “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”

Philippians 4:6-8, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Studying the Word of God and taking its lessons to heart will make it easier to follow God's will. When we are honoring God's will and His instruction, we are able to make more sense of our life and our surroundings and be at peace that our mighty God has everything under his control.

Isaiah 26:3-4, “You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal.”

Hebrews 13:20-21, “Now may the God of peace…equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.”

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Perhaps you have heard the saying, "No God, no peace, know God, know peace". This is a profound truth. True peace can ONLY be had by understanding, believing and fully loving God.

Job 22:21-22, “Submit to God and be at peace with him…Accept instruction from his mouth and lay up his words in your heart.”

Psalm 85:7-9, “Show us your unfailing love, Lord, and grant us your salvation. I will listen to what God the Lord says; he promises peace to his people, his faithful servants - but let them not turn to folly.”

Psalm 119:164-166, “Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble…I follow your commands.”

Isaiah 54:13, “All your children will be taught by the Lord, and great will be their peace.”

The Bible details a wonderful plan to bless everyone who lives and has ever lived on earth. Great comfort and peace are the reward for those who search the scriptures to learn and live this plan. As we study more, we learn the importance of Jesus and his sacrifice which purchased the human race from sin and death. Peace is the ultimate reward, not only to Christians now, but to all humankind in Christ's future Kingdom.

Romans 15:13, “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”

Philippians 4:6-8, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Studying the Word of God and taking its lessons to heart will make it easier to follow God's will. When we are honoring God's will and His instruction, we are able to make more sense of our life and our surroundings and be at peace that our mighty God has everything under his control.

Isaiah 26:3-4, “You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal.”

Hebrews 13:20-21, “Now may the God of peace…equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.”
Ahhhh, advice! Is this needed for yourself but projected onto others?

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahhhh, advice! Is this needed for yourself but projected onto others?
I try to apply all Scriptural admonitions in my life. Anyone who professes to be Christian would be wise to do the same. Whatever you decide to do is between you and the Lord.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I try to apply all Scriptural admonitions in my life. Anyone who professes to be Christian would be wise to do the same. Whatever you should to do is between you and the Lord.
ahhhhh, 'should', such an interesting word; particularly when applied to others. :)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I get peace from serving the Lord and attending church. It is from the Holy Spirit's peace. It is very pleasant.

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have peace in my heart and mind. It happened when I came to know the Lord as my personal Savior many years ago. Even if I go through some stressful things, I still have an underlying peace.