First step of everlasting life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is their Judgment, so you agree it is righteous on God's part to do that. Did you catch the point of why they were judged to be wicked sir?

2 thes 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Reactions: Robert Gwin

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
have you put on Christ?

Likely you have not come to know me well as of yet, since I am fairly new here, but perhaps you have observed enough of my posts to determine what my fruits are. That is how a Christian is identified.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Likely you have not come to know me well as of yet, since I am fairly new here, but perhaps you have observed enough of my posts to determine what my fruits are. That is how a Christian is identified.

that’s good enough for me but I was thinking of a specific verse

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that’s good enough for me but I was thinking of a specific verse

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Aah! Thanks for clarifying that sir, no sir I am not one of those, I fall into the category of the other sheep Jesus talked about at John 10:16

Paul wrote that to the heirs according to the promise verse 29. These ones have the heavenly calling to be Kings and Priests in the Kingdom of God.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aah! Thanks for clarifying that sir, no sir I am not one of those, I fall into the category of the other sheep Jesus talked about at John 10:16

Paul wrote that to the heirs according to the promise verse 29. These ones have the heavenly calling to be Kings and Priests in the Kingdom of God.

thats everyone

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thats everyone

Actually sir, Jesus instituted a new covenant in which he made with his faithful 11 on the last day of his life as a human on earth. Later additions to the Bible clarified the who, what, and whys of this covenant. It was limited to, and numbered as 144k who would be redeemed from the earth through the covenant. The other sheep Jn 10:16 would inherit the earth as was intended from the start Mat 5:5; Ps 37:29

I know this may be difficult to understand, but Jehovah formed the earth to be inhabited Isa 45:18 and what He says will come about Isa 55:11, and He has not changed His mind Mal 3:6

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternal life comes from faith

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word

Faith is also the substance of things hoped for. the evidence of things not seen.

God is the one who brings us to faith by giving us his word through scripture. others and even romans 1 says nature.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually sir, Jesus instituted a new covenant in which he made with his faithful 11 on the last day of his life as a human on earth. Later additions to the Bible clarified the who, what, and whys of this covenant. It was limited to, and numbered as 144k who would be redeemed from the earth through the covenant. The other sheep Jn 10:16 would inherit the earth as was intended from the start Mat 5:5; Ps 37:29

I know this may be difficult to understand, but Jehovah formed the earth to be inhabited Isa 45:18 and what He says will come about Isa 55:11, and He has not changed His mind Mal 3:6

there’s billions of Christians in the covenant
And all men are redeemed jn 1:29 Jn 3:16

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternal life comes from faith

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word

Faith is also the substance of things hoped for. the evidence of things not seen.

God is the one who brings us to faith by giving us his word through scripture. others and even romans 1 says nature.

Faith is definitely a large part of it sir, but do you think those Jesus was talking to at Mat 7:21 had faith? What did Jesus say they were lacking?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is definitely a large part of it sir, but do you think those Jesus was talking to at Mat 7:21 had faith? What did Jesus say they were lacking?
I do not think they had faith. If they did. they would not practice unrighteousness.

I believe these people had more faith in their deeds then they did Christ. hence they tried to be saved by works.

As John said, whoever sins has never seen or known God.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

thanks Robert

ET where does the Bible say salvation is by faith alone?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly we will have to disagree on this point, but I will say, I hope you are correct.

do you really believe only 144000 will be saved? what happened to the Gospel all people Lk 2:10 or jn 3:16 whosoever

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not think they had faith. If they did. they would not practice unrighteousness.

I believe these people had more faith in their deeds then they did Christ. hence they tried to be saved by works.

As John said, whoever sins has never seen or known God.

They had lots of deeds EG, even doing many powerful works in Jesus' name, what they lacked was those works was not God's will, as Jesus pointed out. Christians were given the assignment to teach others all the things Jesus commanded, therefore all things we do for God must be in line with the fulfillment of that in mind.

All Christians sin sir, I am unfamiliar where John said otherwise.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
do you really believe only 144000 will be saved? what happened to the Gospel all people Lk 2:10 or jn 3:16 whosoever

No sir not at all, we believe billions will be granted everlasting life, however we believe that only 144k will be taken from the earth to reside in heaven and be Kings and Priests under Jesus over those who have received their salvation and who have inherited the earth to reside upon it forever Ps 37:29 Mat 5:5

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They had lots of deeds EG, even doing many powerful works in Jesus' name, what they lacked was those works was not God's will, as Jesus pointed out. Christians were given the assignment to teach others all the things Jesus commanded, therefore all things we do for God must be in line with the fulfillment of that in mind.

All Christians sin sir, I am unfamiliar where John said otherwise.
They practiced sin, it means they lived in sin. Yes, we all sin but this is deeper than this

John said whoever does this has never seen or known God

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No sir not at all, we believe billions will be granted everlasting life, however we believe that only 144k will be taken from the earth to reside in heaven and be Kings and Priests under Jesus over those who have received their salvation and who have inherited the earth to reside upon it forever Ps 37:29 Mat 5:5

but we are all priests
1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royalpriesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;