First Work of Faith: Confessing Jesus Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No matter how you try to slice and dice and split hairs it always comes Right back to God being FIRST and LAST.

True.
being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.

True, which only begins when we confess Him with out mouth. That is God's and our beginning work of God's and our salvation.
looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many.
To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.
Good Scripture.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Watching “Christians” debate the Bible, especially salvation issues, must be entertaining to the Devil.
Still holding a personal grudge I see.

And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.

Funny. I've seen you disputing with the same couple of people over and over again ad nauseum, long after I would have had done with it. It must be because I'm involved here. You're still upset about being corrected elsewhere, no doubt.

He goeth after her straightway, as an ox goeth to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of the stocks.

Since you've obviously 'repented' of arguing with others, then you'll be moving along. Correct? Or just posting what you believe, and not giving answer to any that disagree? Sometimes I do that, when the disagreeing is just personal childishness and spite.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Watching “Christians” debate the Bible, especially salvation issues, must be entertaining to the Devil.
They debated with Moses, the Prophets, JESUS, the Apostles and ALL who have in them His Holy Spirit.

The Debating and Protesting will not stop until the LORD comes with Salvation for His Own and Judgement upon the world.
True.

True, which only begins when we confess Him with out mouth. That is God's and our beginning work of God's and our salvation.

Good Scripture.
You said: True, which only begins when we confess Him with out mouth. That is God's and our beginning work of God's and our salvation.

It Begins when God speaks into the heart of the person HE is Calling to Christ.

For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation"

So what we have here are the basic A,B,Cs of Eternal LIFE

A - Genesis = God is Able -to do ALL things
B - Belief in our heart Begins with God
C - Christ is the Word which we Confess unto salvation

Peace is the Quintessential Rest in our Salvation thru Truth that Uplifts us to Victory

"

Reactions: amigo de christo

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still holding a personal grudge I see.

Not at all.

It just confirms the word.

“And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.” (Matthew 24:10-11)

Gilligan

Oct 30, 2021
Spring
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The favorite tactic of faith aloners, is to lie about faith with works, and being justified by works of faith.

They falsely accuse James of saying that we are to have faith in and trust in our works to save and justify us. That is the great lie often repeated.

Being justified by our works through faith, is not trusting in our works to save us. It is simply doing the word by faith, as we are commanded, and we only do so, because we believe God from the heart unto righteousness.

We don't do works to be justified, but we do works because we believe God's word, and so we are justified by Christ in doing them.

Being justified by works simply means, that our works are justified by Christ, because we are only doing His word and will and righteousness, because we believe Him and His word of righteousness.

And so, what James is really saying is, we are justified only by works that please God through faith.

We are neither justified by faith alone without works, which is impossible, since that is dead. Nor are we justified by any works of our own, that are not because of believing Jesus and His word. That is what Paul the Jew rebuked, when he became a Christian and apostles of Christ.

I am quite sure there were just as many OSAS Christians offended and alienated by James, when he rebuked them for trusting in their own faith alone, and says no faith alone can save any man, nor can any man be justified by Christ through faith alone, but only by the works He commands us to do. And I am doubly sure that includes those OSAS Christians that went around celebrating grace and saying bless you only.

Being justified by works, is only for them that do those things, only because they believe what God says from the heart, and so do it.

Those with their own faith alone, are also those that witness of themselves, that they don't believe all of what God says, and so don't do it. And the main thing they don't believe God in, is that we are to go and sin no more, and do righteousness at all times, and can add virtue and godliness to our faith to ensure our salvation by not falling.

Since we are certainly unsaved by doing evil works of the devil, then we are certainly justified by doing good works of God.
You know, I've been wrestling with this myself. It seems that every time any Christian so much as mentions the word work, or works in the same sentence or paragraph with salvation and justification, then they immediately default to self-righteous works of our own without faith nor God.

Which is what you are saying in a way that makes sense. They must change what being justified by works of faith means, into saying we are trusting in our works to be saved and justified by God. In their faith alone eyes, we can't be talking about trusting in God to do our works as pleasing to Him. We can say that objectively and they'll agree, but if it gets anywhere near being saved or justified, then all of a sudden that same thing becomes self-righteousness.

And it never seems to fail how they do it, no matter what we say about it. It's like they've been trained on a flow chart, that if A is said with B, then go immediately to C. And if C is said with A, then go immediately back to B.;) It explains why they don't even seem to read what others say, or even think about what they are saying. If we say works with faith in God, they have no problem, but we say justified works of faith in God, they say our own self-righteousness.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at all.

It just confirms the word.

“And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.” (Matthew 24:10-11)
Good, glad to hear your not offended in the least.

Now, if I can figure out why you are a born-again non-disputer, after having been an ardent one for so long. Even to the point of doubting anyone disputing in the Scripture to learn and know the truth of God, are 'Christians'.

And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.

Somehow I don't think the devil is so happy about it.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, if I can figure out why you are a born-again non-disputer, after having been an ardent one for so long.

I do these things Robert:

“Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.” (2 Timothy 4:2)

Without respect of persons.

Which is why you are now my enemy as well I suppose…

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the most part, yes but not completely.

Also - we have now entered the final stage = just as you quoted from Matthew chapter 24
The mystery of inquity ,which has long been at work throughout the generations has now BLOSSOMED FULL .
Its all coming to a head to a grand final day . The true lambs have bled throughout all generations ,
And its about to get far worse and fast too . But the lambs fear not man or what he can do . WE PREACH CHRIST
and all sound doctrine to the end . To the trenches it all out war for the souls of men .

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must say, that's quite a trick of logic. I haven't thought of it that way before, but we can't argue with the fact that God speaking words is His work. But He is Spirit, and we are flesh and blood. To say us peaking words is also work may be a stretch, since our words do not create or make anything like Christ does...but I think the matter of God's work being done by speaking the words, does not immediately translate into our spoken words are our work.
Halleluiah brother Gilligan. Skipper would give you a pat on the back. This is an honest challenge to what I argue, and to tell you the truth I don't have ready answer for this particular point.

One difference I can think of is, that our words are works like God's, except that we can judged for our words like works, but not God's.

However, are words do make things by speaking them:

For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Lies are made by the devil and men speaking them, that work to destroy the truth and faith of God. Lies are works that are made by speaking them, the same as heresies.

since our words do not create or make anything like Christ does...
So this is not perfectly true. Men words can make something. A lie, but not like Jesus of course, who never makes a lie by His words. Words also produce things that are made as a result of them.

And so, in this particular point, I would say we do not make things from nothing by our words like God; however, we do made lies by lying words, and we do have things made from things by our words.

But, I believe the point is made: God calls His words, His works, and God says we are judged by our words as being works. The firs work of being saved we do with God, is to confess with our mouth the Lord Jesus. We must do the work of speaking those words from the heart, which requires resisting the devil to flee from us, who says that is a lie, and Jesus is not Christ, Lord, and God.

I understand your logic, and can't argue against it,
So you at least agree that our words are works also, that we are judged by, and heresies are works of the flesh?

But I do of course know we cannot be saved before confessing Jesus Christ with our mouths.
This is why you give a good challenge. You don't deny Scripture and then just go on and repeat your own doctrine.

And that must be done from the heart believing in righteousness. Also, on the matter of being justified by works, there is no doubt. I am certainly not following some faith alone savior.
Amen. I had not thought of it that way before. Following after faith alone saviors. Cute. There be many such false christs.

It's just this being saved by our work of faith still sort of sticks in my craw. However, I also acknowledge that may be just adherence to standard Christian tradition. Especially when on this site, to even suggest it is a worse heresy than calling Jesus cursed.;)
This is true. I'm the same way still, but I must believe what is written, and not be afraid to say it as written.

For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

I do know that there is a lot of Christian tradition out there, that I have been divested of, especially the devilish one of being born of the devil with his sin nature in our seed and skin tissues.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you’re so sure about it why don’t you reference where this happened?
Good, you've even forgotten all about it. Nevermind then.

I'm still wondering why such a disputation warrior such as yourself is all of a sudden so against disputing doctrine of Christ from the Bible. Strange. But, nevertheless, since you'll no longer be doing so, and not arguing with anyone anymore, then I hope you'll at least stick around to teach some of the good things you have in the past. Maybe I'll do your responding to those that will inevitably disagree with you.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good, you've even forgotten all about it. Nevermind then.

I'm still wondering why such a disputation warrior such as yourself is all of a sudden so against disputing doctrine of Christ from the Bible. Strange. But, nevertheless, since you'll no longer be doing so, and not arguing with anyone anymore, then I hope you'll at least stick around to teach some of the good things you have in the past. Maybe I'll do your responding to those that will inevitably disagree with you.

Perhaps I’m having a moment of reflection.

“…if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.” (Galatians 5:15)

We are called to love even our enemies.

That’s where I stand.

Reactions: David in NJ

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do these things Robert:

“Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.” (2 Timothy 4:2)

Without respect of persons.

Which is why you are now my enemy as well I suppose…
Not at all. I'll just miss your arguments with those that disagree with you. But, as I said, maybe I will take up that mantle for you.

However, I'm wondering why you speak me as an enemy of yours. Strange. We used to be such bosom buddies and tag team partners in preaching righteousness without sinning. That all seemed to change when it came to Millennialism. I think it especially had to do with animal sacrifices. After that, you couldn't seem to agree with anything I've said since. Even speaking of me and others in my debate vicinity as 'Christians'.

I don't do that anymore. I have learned my lesson. We can disagree on doctrine, without making it personal. We can even think a doctrine is heresy, without making someone a heretic 'Christian'. Afterall, we've all had a little traditional heresy in our Christian learning. That's why I like this site so much, because I have been dispelled of a few of them by others.

In any case, since you're now cool with all that, and have no personal grudges, and aren't going to be arguing with anyone anyway, especially not just to argue ad find fault with them, then it's all water under the bridge.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great. No more distasteful arguing from you. Just put out what you believe and move on. I'll be looking for it.

“But though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge…” (2 Corinthians 11:6)

Hey Robert.

It’s all good.

I appreciate your admonition.