Following Paul

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's only ONE Gospel by which we are saved and to introduce another Gospel has it's consequences...

Galatians 1:8-9 (KJV) But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Galatians 2:9 (KJV) And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 (KJV) Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Jew and Gentiles are saved the same way by the same message.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe it or not but the people who first recognized Jesus as the Savior of the world were the despised Samaritans (Gentiles). This was early in the earthly ministry of Christ. Then there were others (Romans) who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ while He was on earth. Even before that the wise men from the East came and worshipped Christ as the King of the Jews when He was born.

There is no difference between the Gospel to the Jews and the Gospel to the Gentiles. Christ himself is the Gospel. His death, burial, and resurrection are the Gospel.

FALSE. The Law was not the Gospel, and the Gospel was not the Law.

FALSE. The Gospel was to believe on God and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved. Abraham believed God (believed on God) and it was imputed to him for righteousness.

Mis-interperting what is being said!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's only ONE Gospel by which we are saved and to introduce another Gospel has it's consequences...

No one said anything about being saved by another gospel'. Keep reading!

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you have anything on the will of God. What is your definition of the will of God?

Yes the 1st two thirds of our Bibles known as the Hebrew scriptures. The New Testament cannot be read or understood apart from the Hebrew scriptures as so much of it is quoting the Hebrew scriptures. As there are most that say the OT is not relevant anymore, well than going along with that philosophy and that is all it is a philosophy which is steeped in Greek thinking. Just like democracy is rooted in Greek thinking. Most of what Yeshua (Jesus) said is quoting the Hebrew scriptures. So you have to throw most of that out also. Most of Paul is quoting the Hebrew scriptures. The book of Revelation cannot be understood apart from the Hebrew scriptures. There is so much quoted in the book of Revelation that is in the Hebrew scriptures it is astounding.

So to answer your question directly God's will is His word. This is how He reveals His will, plan, and purpose. You want to know God's will read His Word. Great idea is to start in the beginning. Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. There is so much in this one verse alone when read from the author Moses perspective. You know the one who knew God face to face. The one like all the author's of the books of the Bible were Hebrews and lived in a Hebrew culture and spoke Hebrew.

The one's YHWH chose to reveal Himself through and entrusted His sacred word to. The ones that YHWH chose to manifest Himself in the flesh as a Jew from the house of David from the tribe of Judah by Miriam a Jewess. Raised in a Jewish home who's brother's and the rest of the family were Jews. When I say Jews I mean in the sense of from the Tribe of Judah.

Shalom

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Galatians 1:8-9 (KJV) But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Galatians 2:9 (KJV) And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 (KJV) Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Jew and Gentiles are saved the same way by the same message.

How about the Christ that is in you? What is that all about - you have anything on that. Speculation.. revelation..what do you have? Let's talk.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes the 1st two thirds of our Bibles known as the Hebrew scriptures. The New Testament cannot be read or understood apart from the Hebrew scriptures as so much of it is quoting the Hebrew scriptures. As there are most that say the OT is not relevant anymore, well than going along with that philosophy and that is all it is a philosophy which is steeped in Greek thinking. Just like democracy is rooted in Greek thinking. Most of what Yeshua (Jesus) said is quoting the Hebrew scriptures. So you have to throw most of that out also. Most of Paul is quoting the Hebrew scriptures. The book of Revelation cannot be understood apart from the Hebrew scriptures. There is so much quoted in the book of Revelation that is in the Hebrew scriptures it is astounding.

So to answer your question directly God's will is His word. This is how He reveals His will, plan, and purpose. You want to know God's will read His Word. Great idea is to start in the beginning. Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. There is so much in this one verse alone when read from the author Moses perspective. You know the one who knew God face to face. The one like all the author's of the books of the Bible were Hebrews and lived in a Hebrew culture and spoke Hebrew.

The one's YHWH chose to reveal Himself through and entrusted His sacred word to. The ones that YHWH chose to manifest Himself in the flesh as a Jew from the house of David from the tribe of Judah by Miriam a Jewess. Raised in a Jewish home who's brother's and the rest of the family were Jews. When I say Jews I mean in the sense of from the Tribe of Judah.

Shalom

Good answer in my opinion.

Reactions: Ancient

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What?

Do you feel Paul's words cancel Jesus's? I certainly don't. I think Jesus had more to say when the time was right, and he did it through Paul.
Jesus said the first and great commandment is to love the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul. Paul said the law is summed up in "love your neighbor as yourself." I have to go along with what Jesus said - he's the Lord.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why can it not be both? Paul told Christians to follow him as he followed Christ. And that was perfectly valid. Paul set a Christian example for Christians by following Christ.
The Bible teaches us we can't have two masters. Jesus is our master.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pray constantly.

I'm curious how we follow the Lord. I know the theology of saying "follow the Lord" but they never say how to do that. Is it being good, don't be mean, pray, read your bible, go to church, feed the hungry. The unsaved can do that. What must a believer do to follow the Lord?

And Paul comes along and says follow me. How do we handle such a thing? Who do we follow.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said the first and great commandment is to love the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul. Paul said the law is summed up in "love your neighbor as yourself." I have to go along with what Jesus said - he's the Lord.
Bob, you must realize all the errors there are in this statement, right? (Apparently not, since you still made it).

First, they are related, but they aren't contradicting statements... Not even by omission. Jesus answered what was the one great commandment. Paul was commenting on morals and how Christains can fulfill the law.

Second, Paul was quoting Jesus himself! Right after Jesus said love the Lord, he said love thy neighbor, and paired them together. So if you feel Paul is guilty of omission, so are you because you only partially quoted Jesus.

Third, if you think Paul never preached the inportance of putting the Lord first, you are sadly mistaken. He not only preached it; he lived it because he gave up a pretty cushy life and had to eat a lot of his words and deeds to follow Jesus. He died in faith... So you don't think he didn't believe "love the Lord..."?

I have a hard time believing you don't see these things. But even if you don't, what do you say about Acts 9:15? Is that a lie?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Paul comes along and says follow me. How do we handle such a thing? Who do we follow.
Paul said 2 or 3 times "follow me", but also said follow me as I follow Christ. Paul never pointed to himself, and in fact, he somewhat spoke against that notion in 1 Cor 1. He was pointing to the Gospel which is is Christ. He said follow me, but he was preaching Jesus with his (Jesus') approval via Acts 9:15.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any sort of a lifestyle that can be followed?
Jesus will lead the way. You might remember the two great commandments: Love the Lord with all you heart, soul, and mind (the first and great commandment), and love your neighbor as yourself (Matthew 22:34-40).

Reactions: soul man

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bob, you must realize all the errors there are in this statement, right? (Apparently not, since you still made it).

First, they are related, but they aren't contradicting statements... Not even by omission. Jesus answered what was the one great commandment. Paul was commenting on morals and how Christains can fulfill the law.

Second, Paul was quoting Jesus himself! Right after Jesus said love the Lord, he said love thy neighbor, and paired them together. So if you feel Paul is guilty of omission, so are you because you only partially quoted Jesus.

Third, if you think Paul never preached the inportance of putting the Lord first, you are sadly mistaken. He not only preached it; he lived it because he gave up a pretty cushy life and had to eat a lot of his words and deeds to follow Jesus. He died in faith... So you don't think he didn't believe "love the Lord..."?

I have a hard time believing you don't see these things. But even if you don't, what do you say about Acts 9:15? Is that a lie?
I just know that Jesus is boss - not Paul.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just know that Jesus is boss - not Paul.
That's all you know? You don't know anything else?

Well, you may know Jesus is boss, but you don't know what he said.