Following the UnCut Word Of God!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man was created by God and given an instruction manual, that if read and followed carefully, he would be able to make the best of his life given him on earth. Man's instruction manual is called the Bible. Any knowledge that man has of God he got it out of the Bible. All preachers preach, or teach their congregations from the Bible. If you really look close, you will see that all of man's laws have the Ten Commandments as their foundation. Now before we go any further, let's establish this very important point. "Knowing this first that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.” (2Peter 1:20-21)

Also, let me show you that God's word is contained in a book. This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success". (Joshua 1:8) "Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read". (Isaiah 34:16)

Nevertheless, the bible speaks of only one way to get eternal salvation. "One Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.(Ephesians 4:5,6). The next time someone asks you what faith you are, tell them there's only one faith. The road to eternal salvation starts with knowledge of the Holy Scriptures. God doesn't want us to memorize two or three verses, but instead he left the entire bible so we can learn how to get salvation. If we learn it, believe it and obey it (the bible), salvation will be our reward. For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. (Matthew 16:27)

The bible says, we must not only be a hearer of the word, but a doer of the word also (James 1:21-22). DON'T FOOL YOURSELF! If we really have faith in Jesus our actions will prove it. If Jesus is our Lord then we will obey him. Even a child will obey a parent, by getting good grades in school, for the reward of a new bicycle. The child cannot earn money for the bicycle, but instead must act upon their faith to receive the free gift. We must do the same to receive eternal life. "FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD” (James 2:20).

Some say you must obey God's word, but then they turn around and teach contrary to God's word. At best they never get around to explaining exactly what kind of works are needed to get eternal life. A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matthew 19:16-19).

Anybody can claim to have faith, but actions speak louder than words. Faith and works go together and you can't have one without the other. "Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12).

So....to become a Saint, one must keep the Commandments of God, which includes God's Statues and Judgements. If we make a mistake we must not give up, but I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:13-14). The last chapter in the whole bible reminds us of this one last time. "Blessed are they that do his commandments that they may have right to the tree of life." (Revelation 22:14).

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AMEN!

John 17 kjv
16] They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. [17] Sanctify them through thy truth:THY WORD IS TRUTH. [18] As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. [19] And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

Today, many ppl " spot" read or go to other sites that "spotlight" on a topic or word being discussed, to C&P. They have NO real truth in them from the word of God so therefore it is not alive to them. They do not study to become " hearers & doers" of the word !

They have no true desire to know God,to obey his commands nor live & die for him. They want a FACADE rather than a FACSIMILE that they are believers in God !

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man was created by God and given an instruction manual, that if read and followed carefully, he would be able to make the best of his life given him on earth. Man's instruction manual is called the Bible. Any knowledge that man has of God he got it out of the Bible.
Nonsense.
The Bible that we have today didn't arrive until the 4th century.
How was humankind "created by God and given an instruction manual"?

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anybody can claim to have faith, but actions speak louder than words. Faith and works go together and you can't have one without the other. "Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12).

So....to become a Saint, one must keep the Commandments of God, which includes God's Statues and Judgements. If we make a mistake we must not give up, but I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:13-14). The last chapter in the whole bible reminds us of this one last time. "Blessed are they that do his commandments that they may have right to the tree of life." (Revelation 22:14).
Seems you are promoting a legalistic works religion.

/

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems you are promoting a legalistic works religion.

/
Looks to me that's what the book say. We all have to live by what Jesus says in (Luke:4:4) And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

The reference point for Christians is the Bible, the revelation of God to mankind and source book for God's commands to us, known as the divine Law. God's laws are holy and the commandment holy, and just, and good. (Romans:7:12). They are the instructions for the way we should conduct our lives. Yet throughout history we see people trying to side-step the laws of God. Even today many Christian churches do not place as much emphasis on observing God's law as they do on ‘love’. But the fact is, we need both!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nonsense.
The Bible that we have today didn't arrive until the 4th century.
How was humankind "created by God and given an instruction manual"?

/
According to 2 Peter 1: 19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Let's look and see what the writings in the Bible are good for. "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

• Love
Reactions: Godslittleservant

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible contains the truth, and the truth is the Word of God, which is the real life of man. "I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth." (St. John 17:6, 8, &17) And Jesus answered him saying, "It is written, that man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God." (St. Luke4: 4) "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." (St. John 6:63)

• Love

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to 2 Peter 1: 19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Let's look and see what the writings in the Bible are good for. "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
Context is critical. Personal interpretation has resulted in a continually splintering part of Christianity (Protestantism), which cannot be the grounding for the fullness of truth brought to mankind by Christ.

The context of Scripture must always be within the following context:

1. The whole of Scripture vs snippets taken out of context to try to twist Scripure to arrive at a personally desired end.
2. Oral Tradition, as St. Paul referred to in 2 Thes. 2:15. Oral tradition (oral teaching) was what Christ gave the Apostles, not a book. The Apostles passed it on to their successors, the bishops, who have done likewise for almost 2000 years now. Eventually, some of what was orally taught was written down, and in the late 4th century, at the Councils of Rome, Hippo, and Carthage, declared to be worthy of being called Scripure. We call this the New Testament.
3. The Living Magisterium of the Church, i.e., the Pope and bishops in union with him. The written form of this is the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

If you read Scripture using this context, you will find no error or contradiction.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks to me that's what the book say. We all have to live by what Jesus says in (Luke:4:4) And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

The reference point for Christians is the Bible, the revelation of God to mankind and source book for God's commands to us, known as the divine Law. God's laws are holy and the commandment holy, and just, and good. (Romans:7:12). They are the instructions for the way we should conduct our lives. Yet throughout history we see people trying to side-step the laws of God. Even today many Christian churches do not place as much emphasis on observing God's law as they do on ‘love’. But the fact is, we need both!
Good luck tithing to the Levites! And where will you bring your sacrifices? And there are many things like that. I don't think you have any hope at all that you will be able to obey all the commandments that were given to Israel.

I've seen routinely though that anyone nowadays who claims that they follow the Law actually has picked out parts of the Law, and claim those, disregarding those passages which not only tell us we are dead to the Law, but also those that tell us you can't divide the Law, either you keep it - all of it - or you don't.

Which would be cutting up the Word into pieces, some to keep, and some to discard.

I think trust and love really are God's commandments for Christians, and you will exceed whatever it is that you think you have to do, if you will trust Jesus, and love others.

Much love!

Reactions: mailmandan

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Context is critical. Personal interpretation has resulted in a continually splintering part of Christianity (Protestantism), which cannot be the grounding for the fullness of truth brought to mankind by Christ.

1. The whole of Scripture vs snippets taken out of context to try to twist Scripure to arrive at a personally desired end.
2. Oral Tradition, as St. Paul referred to in 2 Thes. 2:15. Oral tradition (oral teaching) was what Christ gave the Apostles, not a book. The Apostles passed it on to their successors, the bishops, who have done likewise for almost 2000 years now. Eventually, some of what was orally taught was written down, and in the late 4th century, at the Councils of Rome, Hippo, and Carthage, declared to be worthy of being called Scripure. We call this the New Testament.
3. The Living Magisterium of the Church, i.e., the Pope and bishops in union with him. The written form of this is the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

If you read Scripture using this context, you will find no error or contradiction.
Good advice for Catholics, but isn't this a bit irrelevant to Protestants?

/

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good advice for Catholics, but isn't this a bit irrelevant to Protestants?

/
Well, as St. Pope John Paul II said, we should try to tell the truth of the faith whenever we can, because when we do, God's grace accompanies that truth, and when the soul is going to need that grace (I'm assuming for conversion), it will be there for them.

I would argue that this advice would help any Protestants open to the truth. Maybe it will make them curious, or make them think, "Why are there so many different-believing, contradictory-believing Protestant denominations if the Bible is that easy to read?"

We plant seeds (of truth and faith), water them, weed them where we can, and let God take care of the harvest in His time. :)

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, as St. Pope John Paul II said, we should try to tell the truth of the faith whenever we can, because when we do, God's grace accompanies that truth, and when the soul is going to need that grace (I'm assuming for conversion), it will be there for them.

I would argue that this advice would help any Protestants open to the truth. Maybe it will make them curious, or make them think, "Why are there so many different-believing, contradictory-believing Protestant denominations if the Bible is that easy to read?"

We plant seeds (of truth and faith), water them, weed them where we can, and let God take care of the harvest in His time. :)
Thanks for your reply.
But are you oblivious to how divisive it is?
You are trashing Protestantism and excusing it by feigning it is truth.

/

Reactions: Chadrho

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all, please refrain from attacking another's denomination, it does violate the forums rules.
Thanks for your reply.
But are you oblivious to how divisive it is?
You are trashing Protestantism and excusing it by feigning it is truth.

/
Do you recall that Jesus said that His truth would be divisive? (See Luke 12:51, "Do you think that I have come to establish peace on the earth? No, I tell you, but rather division." Protestantism needs to be 'trashed" (NOT Protest-ants. Big difference. They are usually very sincere, but have been sincerely misled and wrong. One of the Spiritual Works of Mercy is to Instruct the Ignorant.), however, because it deprives those seeking Christ from the fullness of His truth as well as five of the seven Sacraments He desires them to have.

And I'm not "feigning" truth. I'm telling truth straight up (best I can). I'm perfectly okay with anyone disagreeing with me. That can lead to debate, which is very healthy. What's not healthy is sacrificing the truth for the sake of "getting along" or making people "feel good about themselves" while they wallow in falsehoods.

Think about this. A young woman gets in a terrible car wreck. Her left arm is dangling by a thread. The ambulance brings her to the hospital and the emergency room doctor walks in. "Hi! You have such beautiful blue eyes! And your hair is so nice and shiney! And you seem to be in tremendous shape like you work out every day!" And he proceeds to tell her all the things she has right with her, in order to make her feel good about herself. But not once does he ever address the fact that her left arm is dangling by a thread! Has he helped her? No! To help her, he has to address her problem.

Last edited:

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good luck tithing to the Levites! And where will you bring your sacrifices? And there are many things like that. I don't think you have any hope at all that you will be able to obey all the commandments that were given to Israel.

I've seen routinely though that anyone nowadays who claims that they follow the Law actually has picked out parts of the Law, and claim those, disregarding those passages which not only tell us we are dead to the Law, but also those that tell us you can't divide the Law, either you keep it - all of it - or you don't.

Which would be cutting up the Word into pieces, some to keep, and some to discard.

I think trust and love really are God's commandments for Christians, and you will exceed whatever it is that you think you have to do, if you will trust Jesus, and love others.

Much love!
thank you for your response, peace in Jesus name.

Reactions: marks

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Interesting history. The keeping of Sunday as the Christian sabbath is not of God but of Man. Ample evidence from history shows that the celebration of Sunday originated from pagan practices of SUN WORSHIP. In March of 321 A.D., the Roman Emperor Constantine, who was at first a sun-worshiper and later a Christian convert, issued the first decree declaring Sunday to be a legal day of rest. In 336 A.D., the Roman Catholic Church officially changed the observance of Sabbath to Sunday for political and economic expediency. Since then, the original Sabbath gradually gave way to Sunday observance and the practice remains to this day.

You see, in the Council of Trent (1545 A.D.), the church leaders ruled that "tradition" is of as great authority as the Bible! They believed that God had given them the authority to change the Bible any way they pleased. By "tradition" they meant human teachings.

The sun was the main god of the heathen even back as far as ancient Babylon. Since they worshiped the sun on Sunday, the compromising church leaders could see that if they changed the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday, it would accomplish several things. Number one - it would separate them from the Jews who were hated by many of the Romans and who, along with Jesus, And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all. And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. (Luke 4:16), had been worshiping on Saturday from the beginning (and still do today). Number two - it would make it much easier for the pagans to come into the church if the Christians met on the same day that the pagan world did.

It worked well. Pagans flocked in by the thousands. Satan's plan of compromise was doing its baleful work. The change was attempted gradually but many of the true hearted, loyal Christians were alarmed. They came to the leaders and wanted to know why they had dared tamper with the law of Almighty God! The church leaders knew this would happen - and they had an answer ready. It's a masterpiece. If a person doesn't know the bible well it sounds good.

The people were told that they were worshiping on Sunday now because Jesus rose from the dead on that day.

There's not even one verse in the Bible that tells us to do this, but that's what they were told. Isn't it amazing! Maybe you've even heard that yourself!

When Emperor Constantine became a Christian, Christianity became the state religion you remember. As thousands of sun-worshipers flocked into the church, it wasn't long before they had a dominating influence. Most of his top officials had been sun-worshipers. Because the Roman government was getting shaky, Constantine consulted with his aides and with the church officials in Rome.

Reactions: Cassandra

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many fail to understand that the `New Covenant' includes a better way to implement the same set of laws that were given on Mt. Sinai, the Ten Commandments:

(Jer.31:31-33) (v.31) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

(v.32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

(v.33) But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Notice that the law was not prophesied to be done away, but rather to be “put into our hearts and minds.”

In, (Is. 42:21) we find another prophecy concerning Christ and the law. It reads, (v.21) The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he (Jesus) will magnify the law, and make it honourable. When you magnify something you enlarge it and bring it out more of its detail and richness. Jesus revealed the fulfillment of this prophecy when he explained, (Mat.5:27-28) (v.27) Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: (v.28) But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart

By magnifying the law and making it honorable, the spiritual intent of the law is now emphasized which goes far beyond the mere the physical intent. God has raised His standards, not lowered them! All God ever wanted was what was best for us! He designed us to be His children. We are happiest when we love and obey Him. He is a God who is totally righteous and holy. God cannot sin. And He wants us to follow in His footsteps. The person that says, (1 John:2:6) “that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.”

• Love

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many fail to understand that the `New Covenant' includes a better way to implement the same set of laws that were given on Mt. Sinai, the Ten Commandments:
If you paid off your home mortgage, would you pay it again if the contract was reprinted on yellow paper instead of white?

An old covenant is NOT a new covenant simply because it appears on a different material.

Hebrews 8:7, 13 NIV
7 For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant,
no place would have been sought for another. ...
13 By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete;
and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

/

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting history. The keeping of Sunday as the Christian sabbath is not of God but of Man. Ample evidence from history shows that the celebration of Sunday originated from pagan practices of SUN WORSHIP. In March of 321 A.D., the Roman Emperor Constantine, who was at first a sun-worshiper and later a Christian convert, issued the first decree declaring Sunday to be a legal day of rest. In 336 A.D., the Roman Catholic Church officially changed the observance of Sabbath to Sunday for political and economic expediency. Since then, the original Sabbath gradually gave way to Sunday observance and the practice remains to this day.

You see, in the Council of Trent (1545 A.D.), the church leaders ruled that "tradition" is of as great authority as the Bible! They believed that God had given them the authority to change the Bible any way they pleased. By "tradition" they meant human teachings.

The sun was the main god of the heathen even back as far as ancient Babylon. Since they worshiped the sun on Sunday, the compromising church leaders could see that if they changed the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday, it would accomplish several things. Number one - it would separate them from the Jews who were hated by many of the Romans and who, along with Jesus, And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all. And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. (Luke 4:16), had been worshiping on Saturday from the beginning (and still do today). Number two - it would make it much easier for the pagans to come into the church if the Christians met on the same day that the pagan world did.

It worked well. Pagans flocked in by the thousands. Satan's plan of compromise was doing its baleful work. The change was attempted gradually but many of the true hearted, loyal Christians were alarmed. They came to the leaders and wanted to know why they had dared tamper with the law of Almighty God! The church leaders knew this would happen - and they had an answer ready. It's a masterpiece. If a person doesn't know the bible well it sounds good.

The people were told that they were worshiping on Sunday now because Jesus rose from the dead on that day.

There's not even one verse in the Bible that tells us to do this, but that's what they were told. Isn't it amazing! Maybe you've even heard that yourself!

When Emperor Constantine became a Christian, Christianity became the state religion you remember. As thousands of sun-worshipers flocked into the church, it wasn't long before they had a dominating influence. Most of his top officials had been sun-worshipers. Because the Roman government was getting shaky, Constantine consulted with his aides and with the church officials in Rome.
FYI, Tradition (capital "T") was put on an equal footing with Scripture long before the Council of Trent. Read 2 Thes. 2:15 where St. Paul does so. Therefore, brothers, stand firm and hold fast to the traditions that you were taught, either by an oral statement or by a letter of ours.

When we refer to "Tradition" we are not referring to common customs, as we think about that term today. Theologically, "Oral Tradition" is the "oral teachings" of Christ, Who gave them to the Apostles, who passed them on to their successors, the bishops, who have done likewise for nearly 2000 years now. Some of what was taught orally was eventually put in writing, and in the late 4th century, at the Councils of Rome, Hippo, and Carthage, 27 of these (out of the > 300 they analyzed) were declared worthy of being called Scripture. We refer to this as the New Testament.